Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
My dad would have been a similar age to yours...born in 1938, died 2009. He was always very philosophical about wards and so on and talked a lot of sense. Wished I'd listened more in my younger years! x
War is young men dying for old mens dreams.

Reactions: 9

FogOfWar

I know its difficult to gauge socials but I'm seeing quite a few comments saying they believe Pugin is right. Look like westerners.
Let the wannabe Quislings move to Russia. Or deport them. See first-hand how fantastic the régime they support is and how far they go there as a « look at me, aren’t I edgy / daring » contrarian.

Dr Silk

If people keep using the term “Conspiracy Theories” every time a different opinion is put forward its going to lose it shock value and meaning. Arguing is for the foolish, immature and bored.
The same people lapping up this called war are probably mask wearing pro vaxxers that can’t think for themselves.
The west want this war not Russia. It’s all part of the distraction that has been playing out for some time. Writing cheques for billions for a war that no only has nothing to do with the UK is illegal. Supplying military aid to a combatant whilst people can’t afford to eat or heat there homes is unforgivable.
Do your really think Russia blew up their own pipeline ?
Would any sovereign nation accept military / bio labs on their borders?
If the Republicans get in office this war is over As all aid will cease.
As of yet I’ve not read any unbiased reporting on this conflict.

Before you start clamouring for my attention and quick reply, I work full time with a family so none of you are a priority.

• Haha

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Earlier reports of North Korea flogging gear to Russia greatly exaggerated apparently, though more interesting is the way the response is worded - it doesn't seem to be an oddity of translation and sounds like an expression of disapproval, saying that they are denying an accusation that would tarnish their name.

Saying North Korea has a tarnished image is a bit like saying a tsunami is a slight increase in moisture levels….

• Haha
Can I ask if you are from there? or an EFL teacher? And if you are the latter, what you plan to do (I say this as I am an EFL techer I was considering to move to mosow this year and just scares me the situation I could have been in)
I'm from the UK and I'm a primary school EFL teacher. Honestly, I'm not sure what to do. A lot of people are leaving because it's almost certain that borders will be closed after the result of the referendums are announced over the next few days but most are saying it will only be for men ages 18-5. I just hope I will always be able to get out as a foreigner. I have a cat too and finding a way out right now is almost impossible!

• Sad
  • Heart

DownBelow21

VIP Member
He’ll not go down easily that’s my concern, he won’t be shamed.
This is my fear too. If he potentially knows he's losing and going down, is he going to start playing dirty and using weapons he shouldn't?

This all hits so much harder with anxiety and fear now I've got a baby of my own

• Heart

Ensay

VIP Member
The bridge has partially re-opened to light traffic and rail:

Seems a bit reckless, as I can't see how a full assessment of the bridge's strength has taken place. It was only blown up this morning.

This is Russia trying to show Ukraine hasn't impacted them. Could be foolhardy.

• Wow

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Calling up reservists won’t send the best message to his people. Doesn’t exactly give confidence that the war is going well.
Exactly this. Victorious war efforts tend not to require additional call ups. The next step will be general conscription.

allyouneedislove

I wish there was something I could say, im really sorry. You’re absolutely not alone in the way you’re feeling 💖

Side note: I can’t find the post now, but I know there have been complaints on here about people sharing worries and anxieties surrounding the war, and for it to be purely an informative thread, but Tattle is a gossip website - not a news outlet. We should be allowed to share how we feel and get comfort from others who feel similar. It’s everyone’s individual responsibility to take themselves away from the exposure of something if they feel it’s getting too much. Can we all just be here for each other while we’re going through this and not try to police the thread please? I know I’ve taken huge comfort from some of the replies on here
I agree. Back in feb/March I was heavily pregnant and absolutely terrified. I did stop watching the news as felt that it was constantly in my face and sensationalised. Everytime I turned the tv or radio on I felt sick and expected to hear that putin had launched a nuclear bomb at us. However I did still come onto this thread and found it very balanced. There were people who like me were absolutely terrified and then others who would explain the situation really well which calmed me. I can honestly say this thread helped my anxiety and mental health so much and I found it really supportive.

• Heart

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
So I just want to say something that people don’t seem to realise and it’s not covered. You all realise Ukraine didn’t just catapult into being like the US and its army is not like the US army, right? I mean yes Ukraine is getting support and supplies from abroad but it’s nowhere near enough. So while we laugh at russian soldiers, there are plenty of Ukrainian soldiers out there who are scrambling to get their own winter gear…

• Sad

Hallowmaiden

All I know is that if we do what Mr Musk suggests, and give into nuclear threats now, we'll be living with nuclear threats forever, not only from Russia.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
With Ukraine not being a part of nato, I'm not sure what he wants other countries to do.
The way he's acting you would think this was the only war to ever happen.
Think of all the poor innocent people in Syria that were killed not only by their own leader but with Russian weapons too. No one helped them.
That is not true. Syria got a lot of help too. And russia should have been stopped when they bombed a un aid convoy…

The war in syria didn’t have a direct impact on your bills either and was not causing a potentially global humanitarian catastrophe. The impacts and effects of this war are hurting a lot more people than just ukrainians…. And russia bombing Ukraine left Moldova without electricity…so it’s now not just Ukraine and Ukrainians suffering

FogOfWar

They know exactly where to target I wonder why they waited till now.
Because they didn't want to destroy infrastructure they were hoping to capture. Now they realise they're fucked, absolutely not getting it and likely will be pushed out of Ukraine entirely sometime in 2023, they're being pathetic, murderous, babies - "if I can't have it, no-one can" - causing as much destruction as possible.

VC10

VIP Member
It’s awful. How do people think this will end? I’ve convinced myself this is the end for humanity. I’m actually terrified xxx
No, don't be. We've lived through all those before- and that was before we know what we now know , Russian a rusted dump full of a dictatorship populace. It's sad , but there you are.
Russian people have been in the shit for 100 years; it's really time they helped themselves to improve their lot instead of rattling rusted 1971 missiles in 1/2 rainwater/ snow flooded silos

This won’t end while russia has belarus on their side too and can launch missiles from two countries territories. I don’t understand how this is even a thing and how tf no one seems to have an issue with it but let’s stop helping Ukraine becasuse mY tAx MoNey… 🤦🏼‍♀️ when the UK’s army was on the brink of collapsing at WWII Churchill was BEGGING Eisenhover for help…
The reason we keep helping is to stop a red tidal wave of Europe which will ultimately mean living with rations and people forced into deployment.
it always astounds me when people think we shouldn’t be involved. We are literally on the brink of WW3 and ultimatelywe are one bad day/act away from it

Yel

Chatty Member
Russian state TV must be telling them all that everyone else is just jealous haters 😬

Screenshot_20221229_104850.jpg
Screenshot_20221229_104905.jpg

Screenshot_20221229_105209.jpg

• Haha