Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I mean Putin isn't going to conscript any man and every man, right? Why are so many men leaving? I am confused by that. I thought it was only reservists. Or are the reservists realising this isn't the war for them?
I do think we’re saying propaganda re this. I’m sure men are leaving- those with money and connections abroad- but mass fleeing is unrealistic. There aren’t many visa/ legal options and Russians especially in The regions are not wealthy people.

Reactions: 2

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
So they can mobilise the locals… which is absolutely batshit crazy. Also they can introduce curfews etc. BUT not even the whole of Zapo and Kherson is occupied
I'm guessing the mobilisation will be limited to drafting people to dig trenches and general donkey work, giving them guns would definitely be nuts!

And I now see the 'and they were under martial law already anyway' remark by Putin, as though that somehow makes it OK.

Plus this, the decree apparently also imposes some restrictions on some bordering areas in Russia.

Last edited:

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I mean Putin isn't going to conscript any man and every man, right? Why are so many men leaving? I am confused by that. I thought it was only reservists. Or are the reservists realising this isn't the war for them?

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Yea, there’s been some concerns with the weapon side of things for a while now. We’ve all been sending weapons we have had stored. To manufacture those weapons all countries use near the same suppliers and need the same resources so replacing them isn’t that easy as demand increases
Looks like this is covered in some depth here

Various mixes of phrases and meanings between running out, running low, depleted stocks etc depending on who's using which term so I always treat headlines (and even statements) like that as 'caveats as noted in article'.

Yel

Chatty Member
Lots of talk online about Israel striking Iran and weapon manufacturer facilities in the last few days, but this never seems to make it onto the media. Is it because they don't want to draw attention to Israeli activity?

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
They did open fire at a boat though… so all is not well. Also there are mines in the sea and they will probably amp up the mining now.
And after that it's back on again!

I think maybe after seeing the ships carry on anyway they checked their mines cupboard and found they didn't have any left for enabling 'accidents', as firing on a grain ship more than once would surely step outside what other countries would put up with depending on whose flag the ship is under.

Not sure exactly what could be done about being fired on though, plus ships do have a tendency to be registered in tax havens, which like to keep their uninvaded neutrality.

Last edited:

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
They say that the trunk involved in the explosion was coming from Russia. It opens the window for a lot of speculation. Has the Ukrainian government a so strong network based in Russia to organise something like this? Or could we think of a Russian resistance movement to Putin's regime? Or the Kremlin - to justify more violent attacks on Ukraine? An other actor?

Like the nordstream pipelines destruction or the explosions in Russia it looks very nebulous and unclear.
"You called me nebulous" - Theresa May

Reactions: 1

emm

VIP Member
Nazi hunters part II.

Pooh Bear would most likely have Putin excuted, he's messed up China's plans to invade Taiwan. The US Democrat & Republican parties have passed a new veto proof bill to military fund and support Ukraine and Taiwan.

Taiwan armed to the teeth, plus the full backing of the US military protecting the USA's number 1 supplier of semiconductor chips - good luck China 😆
Maybe North Korea ? 😅

emm

VIP Member
I get that the bridge for some very desperate russians is a way out, but isn't crimea surely the next place Putin could anex totally/ get new recruits from?

IAlreadyDespiseYou

Chatty Member
Lol. Ok. Have fun in South Africa! You seem to be a very insightful and knowledgable person so i'm sure they'll be happy to have you :)
So you think our government would be any good at any kind of further escalation with Russia given half the Tory party want rid of the Prime minister that’s been in the job less than a month and can’t seem to agree on anything much less actually run the U.K. properly? At least the weather in nicer where we’d be going in SA and everyone knows the government is a bunch of shit monkeys and doesn’t pretend otherwise.

rosebud07

do we have a thread about russian influencers and celebrities? people like mira duma, natalia vodianova, dasha zhukova etc. O haven't seen it but maybe I missed something