Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Behtannkneeky

Chatty Member
Besides that, what do the rest of the world gain from it? I don’t think Putin wants to take over Europe or the America’s.
I agree, I think Putin wants a neutral Ukraine or maybe better in his eyes, the whole of Ukraine back with the Motherland. I’m personally not sure if he just wants the whole of the Ukraine or just the new “separated” regions and to put the last 8 years of fighting to an end.
With the Ukraine win, this will be classed as a western/USA win. The west/NATO will appear “strong” and I guess, this will send a message to China, a don’t you dare start with Taiwan message?
I guess ultimately up to this point, NATO has gained further strength it needed and also if Ukraine win, will it finally absorb Ukraine too? Also, long stretch too, but will they also get the regime change in Russia they’ve craved for all these years too? If so, Europe will go back to their oil and gas I bet
I think regardless of the outcome, Ukraine has got a long road ahead of it to rebuild it back up. Will the refugees in Poland and Germany want to return?
I do think regardless of the outcome, I think this conflict has sped up the de-dollarisation across the world along with pushing more countries into the BRICS
(Apologies, I feel like instead of answering I’ve raised more questions! Obviously we don’t know what the real plans are, etc! Hopefully it’s given food for thought! 😊)

Reactions: 2

Merpedy

VIP Member
I wouldn’t be that surprised if it’s indeed a Ukrainian missile. Idk how they seem to have got the direction wrong but the international comments seem to be very friendly about it all - I do wonder how the families of those killed feel about that though, it’s a rough situation

Mistakes seem to happen constantly with whatever math goes into these precision strikes. I remember there was a case, can’t remember who fired but it was likely Russia, where there was a military target nearby but a town got hit. The town could very well have been a target but there’s always some room for error, plus everyone will want to say it’s a targeted attack for their own gain. This is very close to the Ukrainian border too which isn’t that hard to stretch as being a mistake by Russians

Behtannkneeky

Chatty Member
That’s true for a lot of countries that have gained independence but still share a landmass , they’ll always be people believe the country should be as one.

Why are Germany reluctant to send artillery ?

I think it’s a mixture of reason but with the main issue being the optics of it all 😕 also, whilst I think leopard 2’s, along with the challengers, will be extremely effective for Ukraine in terms of figuring Russia. They’re going to have major issues with maintenance along with training delays for the equipment. Best thing for Ukraine would be Soviet style equipment which they’re used to and can maintain in Ukraine

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Seems the G20 meeting went well 🤞🏼 I guess all we can do is be hopeful and patient that they stay rational
Interesting remark there about China, I think they have not abandoned Russia but clarified the nature of the 'friendship without limits'.
Implicitly, that the friendship includes being able to express disappointment and advise against any particularly unwise courses of action.

Password4321

Am I correct in thinking that Ukraine can’t join NATO whilst there is war going on?

I think I remember reading when the war started that is one of the conditions but I could be wrong.

monga

VIP Member
true about the UK! but the people coming could claim refugee status at this point I think? not just as tourists?
What I mean is they wouldn’t welcome them like Germany has, I don’t think Russia will sit back and let them leave for much longer if they’re desperate for manpower.

WhiteFlorals

I suppose it's the puppy for Christmas syndrome. They are bored with their Ukrainians now that the war is not featured on the news and it's not as trendy to plaster on social media what good people they are for taking them in.

And no doubt they're not the cuddly peasants they imagined them to be (that's not a diss at the Ukrainians but they were almost painted as poor Victorians straight out of a Dickens novel at one point)
I read somewhere that the same thing happened in WW1 with Hungarians and the middle class.

So where do we put these Ukrainian refugees with Visas unlike others who have no visa or right to enter our country - they genuinely are escaping war, they are willing to follow our laws I am content to help them - Putin has included convicts in the army now so no wonder the civilians are being treated so badly.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
I was under the impression they’ve been brhind a few attacks/sabotage
Yes, though I think most or all have been against Russian held areas rather than any bases in Russia? Except Belgorod though I understand that apparently has a proud history of official statements concerning people being careless with matches.

This one would be much further away than any others, though I am wary of typos, 'subject to confirmation' and who's using what place name.

Which has this end note:
While researching this article some of the Russian language reports began to be taken down. Naval News will endeavor to collaborate this information via other sources. However, there are efforts to control the narrative in Russia which may affect the availability of information.

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
Bizarrely as much as Putin is an absolute psycho, I really do always think “better the devil you know” when it comes to him and Russia. Same with North Korea too. Its unlikely to ever get any better.

• Sad

Warpaint

VIP Member
What is the visa situation there? as in how easy is it for russians to cross over?
I'm not sure but I didn't see many there apart from running the strip clubs (I didn't go in I could see from the outside lol. Lots of Russian women trying to get punters in). And they were really frosty with us until they found out we were English. The war they had with Russia is still pretty fresh in their minds

Hallowmaiden

A potential theory I'd be sympathetic to would be one where the stray rocket really was Russian but it is decided that publicly it shouldn't be, possibly with the addition of increasing supplies of stuff to Ukraine to not merely purchase silence but also put a particularly heavy thumb on the scales, keeping away from direct involvement.

TBH out of 100 missiles fired at Ukraine, 2 missing by miles really isn't that much of a stretch.

Yea it's not like they're aiming at the biggest country in Europe or something