Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I an absolutely terrified. I’ve had to block the news sites on my phone i can’t cope. My anxiety was at such a steady pace and now it’s went sky high again. Had pains in my chest all day. All this talk of WW3 is just awful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
ive got really really bad anxiety about all of this, im absolutely terrified living in the UK.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
ITV are reporting fuel could go up to £1.55 a litre and starting a panic. It’s the bog roll saga all over again.
I drive for a living, I’ve had to fill up today. I paid £1.46 on Saturday to £1.52 today at exactly the same pump 🤦🏼‍♀️

In other words, it was heading that way price wise regardless

Reactions: 16
ITV are reporting fuel could go up to £1.55 a litre and starting a panic. It’s the bog roll saga all over again.
Government should do a blanket ban on this type of reporting. It just causes people to join in.

Reactions: 13
I priced the heating oil yesterday and it’s risen £15 in one day
83AC074A-FFD1-4E52-B708-F6715A871BEA.jpeg
57A92F63-03D7-44B8-8479-23BDC31503F6.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I

Apparently the Ukrainian forces are holding their own 💪💪
I think something's happened to him, he looks very puffy and swollen. I think he's on his way out and he wants to remembered in the history books. He's an old man now despite the Botox and fillers.
Perhaps Putin is due to go time travelling again .

From what I gather, Ukraine are alert to any threat from Russia, and are prepared.

Reactions: 8
Time to get our own independent energy we can't rely on a nutjob for power.

Reactions: 14
Frightening enough for someone who can access the internet/24 hours news feeds and whatever. But imagine how frightening it must be for a homeless person who already had nowhere to go, no access to the net for news bulletins etc, just seeing all this craziness around you.
1645718815668.png

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I an absolutely terrified. I’ve had to block the news sites on my phone i can’t cope. My anxiety was at such a steady pace and now it’s went sky high again. Had pains in my chest all day. All this talk of WW3 is just awful.
ive got really really bad anxiety about all of this, im absolutely terrified living in the UK.
I know it is easier said than done but maybe turn off all SM and the tv and relax with some music and concentrate on your breathing and relaxing - even if just for an hour - the media love scare mongering and just make things so much worse sometimes

maybe go over to @Chittas wonderful Tea and Sympathy page - there are some wonderful people there who can give great advice 😘

Reactions: 13
Well this could be the beginning of the end of the Western European hegemony. In reality the West has been in decline for decades. As lives become more comfortable the drive to improve and expand simply fades, it happens to the Assyrians, the Persians, the Romans, the Arabs, the Mongols, the British, you name it, dominant cultures have fallen. The response to this is critical and has to include the complete economic ostracism of Russia, and ANY country which supports them. Russia is about to inherit 40 Million resentful Ukrainians which will take decades and extreme amounts of resources to subdue. And without Western trade China can’t feed it’s population.

Like it or not Europe became rich because we did invade and colonise other parts of the world. The most famous example being the Conquistadors who took a continents worth of resources back to Spain. And remember virtually every modern nation in Europe can trace their heritage to Germanic tribesmen, land hungry vikings, or displaced steppe nomads fleeing the Mongols. It’s maybe in the European DNA to resolve disputes by hitting each other with clubs?

Not every nation shares Western ideals, and what the hell are militarily powerful predatory countries like Russia and China supposed to think when one of the most divisive current debates in the self styled “most powerful nation on earth” is if a bloke wearing a dress should be addressed as he or she? Ludicrous in the extreme and I can guarantee you Putin dos not give a tit about your mental health.

These principles are supposed to make us stronger right? This theory is about to be tested, and I for one say it’s bullshit. We have the moral high ground. Putin has the Ukraine.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
feel a bit anxious about this, currently pregnant as well and like others have said what is the world becoming
I feel like if Russia bombs Chernobyl, it will damage the land they are trying to take over. It's cutting of their nose to spite their face.

Reactions: 10
If it helps I’m the same and many others are too. I’ve exhausted myself with the anxiety and will probably sleep in a bit. Not been able to eat with feeling sick and the same with chest pains. My son must think it’s Christmas, he’s been allowed to do whatever makes him happy including eating 4 penguin biscuits 😱

QUOTE="clairstewart1111, post: 8609218, member: 212655"]
[/QUOTE]

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I drive for a living, I’ve had to fill up today. I paid £1.46 on Saturday to £1.52 today at exactly the same pump 🤦🏼‍♀️

In other words, it was heading that way price wise regardless
Diesel has been £1.49-1.52 for a few weeks now where I am in Devon

Reactions: 6
Time to get our own independent energy we can't rely on a nutjob for power.
I read that luckily we only get approx 5% of oil and gas from Russia. Other European countries have a much higher %age. A general price rise would probably still affect us though.

Reactions: 7
I think it was @Yel on here who said China didn’t want anything to start during Winter Olympics, what a surprise they are finished and Russia are starting. China is on board with Russia which I think is very concerning.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I feel like if Russia bombs Chernobyl, it will damage the land they are trying to take over. It's cutting of their nose to spite their face.
He might not even care. It's like when a toddler will try and steal a toy and, if that fails, just break the toy so someone else can't have it. But with millions of people.

Reactions: 14
I think it was @Yel on here who said China didn’t want anything to start during Winter Olympics, what a surprise they are finished and Russia are starting. China is on board with Russia which I think is very concerning.
Aren’t they hosting the Paralympics from next week though ?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.