Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We need someone to lead this - who do we have Boris (who's dirty) and Joe (who's shaky?).

In terms of clout, surely the leaders can summon up additional support from Besoz, Gates, Musk and Buffett? they are richer than countries.

Reactions: 5
weird q but why has zelenskyy informed the swedish pm about chernobyl?? not really sure of their history tbh!

Reactions: 3
I think it was @Yel on here who said China didn’t want anything to start during Winter Olympics, what a surprise they are finished and Russia are starting. China is on board with Russia which I think is very concerning.
Lots of people have laughed at this theory, but this all kicked off seriously with land grabbing a matter of hours after the Olympic flame was extinguished. I don't think it's any coincidence - China is Russia's biggest ally.

This thread was setup when there were 10 days before the Olympics closed because it seemed like it was all about to start.

Reactions: 24
This might or might not age badly, but as someone with a degree in a corresponding field, I think we in the UK don’t have to worry massively just yet. It’s a horrible situation for sure, but at the moment it mainly concerns Russia and eastern Ukraine. Panicking won’t help, and I doubt there will be a WWIII in the traditional sense anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
weird q but why has zelenskyy informed the swedish pm about chernobyl?? not really sure of their history tbh!
Prevailing winds and Sweden being a leader amongst Nordic and Baltic countries I assume?

Didn't the cancer rate in Sweden go up significantly following Chernobyl?
Aren’t they hosting the Paralympics from next week though ?

I don't think China really cares that much about the Paralympics, they're hosting them out of obligation. Most western countries didn't give it that much attention until recent years.

Reactions: 19
We need someone to lead this - who do we have Boris (who's dirty) and Joe (who's shaky?).

In terms of clout, surely the leaders can summon up additional support from Besoz, Gates, Musk and Buffett? they are richer than countries.
People that rich are apolitical in the sense that they don't care what happens unless it affects their business' bottom line.

Reactions: 12
Boris is speaking in parliament at 5pm. It'll be interesting to hear more details on the proposed sanctions. I'm not overly concerned about the invasion spilling out across Europe yet. But I will say, thank duck Trump isn't president. He would have made this 10x more difficult for the West to collectively respond 😅

Reactions: 7
who is going to calling putin's bluff though?? immediate response is very intimidating when it's as a result of protecting a country that others technically have little alliance to re. nato and eu (personally think we have a duty to help ukraine but idk who would take the risk atm)

also idk if it's just the translator but it really sounds like putin is scrambling for an excuse rn on sky news

Reactions: 6
If it helps I’m the same and many others are too. I’ve exhausted myself with the anxiety and will probably sleep in a bit. Not been able to eat with feeling sick and the same with chest pains. My son must think it’s Christmas, he’s been allowed to do whatever makes him happy including eating 4 penguin biscuits 😱

QUOTE="clairstewart1111, post: 8609218, member: 212655"]
I an absolutely terrified. I’ve had to block the news sites on my phone i can’t cope. My anxiety was at such a steady pace and now it’s went sky high again. Had pains in my chest all day. All this talk of WW3 is just awful.
[/QUOTE]

This made me smile because my house has got in a tip today cos if my kids and I couldn’t care. I’m not in a good headspace just now. It’s awful

• Heart
It’s very hard for me to see this because I’m from one of the Baltic States. Considering our long and complicated history with Russia/Soviet Union somewhere deep inside I have genuine fear - what if we are next?! Because quite literally there’s nothing stopping him, and that’s the worst thing! Literally next week Putin might decide that he needs Baltic States too, just because.
And NATO, allies and who the f else is just having meetings after meetings and thinking about putting some sanctions which Putin couldn’t even care less about. It’s literally scary!
I remember a couple of years ago Putin was boasting somewhere about the fact that if he wanted he could invade and take over MY country in less than 48hrs. And there’s no guarantee that he won’t do it one day too. Madness!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
This might or might not age badly, but as someone with a degree in a corresponding field, I think we in the UK don’t have to worry massively just yet. It’s a horrible situation for sure, but at the moment it mainly concerns Russia and eastern Ukraine. Panicking won’t help, and I doubt there will be a WWIII in the traditional sense anyway.
I'm more worried about what would happen if we intervened. Putin has already threatened countries if they get involved.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
If I was having a baby right now I’d want to send it back up and clench for another few years…..
What a world to be born into, so many deranged nutjobs with power and access to little red nuclear buttons 😐
4/5/6 booster shots for a virus that was most likely leaked from a Chinese lab 😐
The tragic remake of sex and the city,

what a time to be alive born.

serious bit though,
Everyone breathe!!!!!
**dramaticall slaps across cheeks and shakes everyone**

It might not be ok, we can’t predict what will happen, but keep focused, stop spiraling if you’re the type to spiral 😐
breath and take a time out from it all when needed, don’t kill yourselves mentally with worry.
And sure listen,
Trump will come back if necessary and make Putin look stable 😐

Reactions: 30
I know Boris probably has to get invovled but i just wish he'd shut up. Shut up and mind his own business. I don't want us involved 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It's times like this that I'm pleased the Hetalia fandom doesn't exist any more - I couldn't deal with people making cutsy Russia/Ukraine fanart/fanfic.

• Wow
If I was having a baby right now I’d want to send it back up and clench for another few years…..
What a world to be born into, so many deranged nutjobs with power and access to little red nuclear buttons 😐
4/5/6 booster shots for a virus that was most likely leaked from a Chinese lab 😐
The tragic remake of sex and the city,

what a time to be alive born.
“The tragic remake of sex and the city” - hahahaha!

I feel so anxious about this, I’ve been really restless and weepy, I feel ridiculous for worrying because I am not a Ukrainian in immediate danger but the fear of the unknown, the thought of it escalating, it all worries me so much. I’ve had to turn off the news and try to stay off Twitter but then I feel ignorant 🙈

Reactions: 15
To explain my level of worry I used to loose sleep over not forwarding chain messages and people saying random days the world would end. I'm bleeping shitting my pants

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I know Boris probably has to get invovled but i just wish he'd shut up. Shut up and mind his own business. I don't want us involved 😭
Boris gives me absolute anxiety he doesn’t even believe he attended a lockdown party how can we trust him not to get us all killed

Reactions: 13
I'm more worried about what would happen if we intervened. Putin has already threatened countries if they get involved.
That quite unlikely but not impossible.

I hope it doesn’t sound condescending, but I have a rather deep understanding of Russian (and Ukrainian) politics that goes beyond thinking ’Vlad is a crazy villain with imperial ambitions’ - it’s a lot more complicated than that and not black and white. We have to consider China, the States and the European Union. We all know about fake news and twisting the truth as well as history by both sides. I think it’s a little early to be giving definite predictions.

Also, let’s be frank, we didn’t really need this conflict to understand the world is fucked.

Reactions: 13
Boris is speaking in parliament at 5pm. It'll be interesting to hear more details on the proposed sanctions. I'm not overly concerned about the invasion spilling out across Europe yet. But I will say, thank duck Trump isn't president. He would have made this 10x more difficult for the West to collectively respond 😅
I do think we need to be concerned because it only takes one ‘stray’ missile to land in another country to bring them into it too - that is one way it could escalate across the west - with so many countries buying weapons from various other countries it will be hard to determine where and who fired the missile - Russia could have some of the weapons etc which are supplied to Ukraine and send one off towards outlying regions - who knows what he is capable of ? we should not be complacent with how these things can escalate. JMO

Reactions: 12
Boris gives me absolute anxiety he doesn’t even believe he attended a lockdown party how can we trust him not to get us all killed
Before he was even prime minister I thought to myself how does anyone look at that man and thinks he can run a country. He's all lights are on but nobody's home 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.