Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll never be complacent about world affairs again since Covid. We all thought that wouldn’t amount to anything and look what happened there.

Reactions: 26
Has things ever got like this in recent years with other wars ? Like is this genuinally the first time this has happend since WW2?

Reactions: 8
Has things ever got like this in recent years with other wars ? Like is this genuinally the first time this has happend since WW2?
Wars are very different now compared to 70+ years ago due to the advancement of technology, economies etc. I think the physical invasion is very reminiscent (if that’s the right term to use) of WW2.

Reactions: 19
Pope Francis is on it ,a blissed candle and some holy water is all that’s needed in times of trouble 🙏🏻📿
16781E8C-41D3-475D-B202-C292090A16B4.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was thinking this too, so many of us will spend the rest of our lives either on edge or not giving a damn for the long term because of these events. It will change so many people mentally forever.

I’ll never be complacent about world affairs again since Covid. We all thought that wouldn’t amount to anything and look what happened there.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
No not in European stage has it been this tense. Last really big tension was Cuban missile crisis.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Thoughts and prayers 🥴
This exactly.

And retweets.

I hope to god when Boris makes his statement at 5 pm that parliament acts like it’s supposed to and become a forum for exchange of ideas.

And FFS Boris at a time like this bring Starmer into the loop and use talent from all sides to reach the best decisions. Present a united front just for the duration of this crisis. It surely can’t be asking to much.

Be adults.

Last edited:
That quite unlikely but not impossible.

I hope it doesn’t sound condescending, but I have a rather deep understanding of Russian (and Ukrainian) politics that goes beyond thinking ’Vlad is a crazy villain with imperial ambitions’ - it’s a lot more complicated than that and not black and white. We have to consider China, the States and the European Union. We all know about fake news and twisting the truth as well as history by both sides. I think it’s a little early to be giving definite predictions.

Also, let’s be frank, we didn’t really need this conflict to understand the world is fucked.
The fear of retaliation is a genuine concern, no matter how unlikely. People were worried that there may have been repercussions in 2003 when Blair and W Bush went to Iraq to end Saddam's regime.

It is probably not possible for Russia to retaliate to everyone certainly not in the traditional war sense , but modern technology opens us up to new potential threads.

I fear that if anyone is going to try and be a hero , it will be Boris Johnson or Biden.

Pope Francis is on it ,a blissed candle and some holy water is all that’s needed in times of trouble 🙏🏻📿View attachment 1085145
Religion is useless at the best of times, it's even more hopeless during war times. I just see no point of religion, but that's just me. It may help ease the nerves of those soldiers if they happen to be religious I guess, but the whole 'god will protect you and give you strength' or whatever gets said by these notable religious figures is about as much use as a chocolate rifle on the battlefield.

Boris looks like he’s been dug up
Could he not have brushed his effing hair this once? When we are on the cusp pf WW3? Is that not a reason to be statesmanlike?

China will allie with Russia, China owns a worrying amount of things in the Uk infrastructure as well as they do a lot of mining in Africa. All the governments just let this happen. Ridiculous state of affairs
Not necessarily. I think they will follow closely the West's/NATO's involvement and act accordingly. If we throw the book at Russia, China will think twice about incurring the wrath of AUKUS and invading Taiwan.

Religion is useless at the best of times, it's even more hopeless during war times. I just see no point of religion, but that's just me. It may help ease the nerves of those soldiers if they happen to be religious I guess, but the whole 'god will protect you and give you strength' or whatever gets said by these notable religious figures is about as much use as a chocolate rifle on the battlefield.
It gives one strength, hope and peace. Don't denigrate religion - with free will, we cannot expect any help from God - but understand why so many pray.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That’s only if you’re not religious 🙂…WW3 is working in Bojos favour anyway I’ve never seen so much ❤ going his way 😜
6134F290-2A07-46E8-98DB-99AC41B0EC88.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
This might or might not age badly, but as someone with a degree in a corresponding field, I think we in the UK don’t have to worry massively just yet. It’s a horrible situation for sure, but at the moment it mainly concerns Russia and eastern Ukraine. Panicking won’t help, and I doubt there will be a WWIII in the traditional sense anyway.
I can't share your optimism.
One toe over the threshold of a NATO country - war. Seeing off Russia in a bid to prevent China from achieving her territorial ambitions - war. We're damned if we do, but infinitely more if we don't - Putin's clear ambition has been to reinstate the Iron Curtain.
And we cannot leave Ukraine to be anihillated.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Why do I feel the need to round the shop and panic buy, I'm scared 😅 I usually avoid the news

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.