Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I can't think of anything worse than people being woken up out their beds by missiles to face a day like today. I feel like I'm on edge waiting for that to be us. I even wanna skip my nighttime meds so I'm alert just incase.
Same, can’t get it out of my head, even the wind noise is frightening me to death. I’m taking as many as I can to try to send me to sleep without OD-ing. Not worked so far. It must be absolutely terrifying for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Same, can’t get it out of my head, even the wind noise is frightening me to death. I’m taking as many as I can to try to send me to sleep without OD-ing. Not worked so far. It must be absolutely terrifying for them.
Don't make yourself Ill, better to be awake and scared than putting yourself in harms way. Be careful 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I honestly think people underestimate how many things have to go wrong before a country would be willing to use nuclear weapons, especially potentially so close to its own borders. Putin isn't that stupid and would want to keep his power till he dies

We're more likely to see nukes being used as threats Cold War style than anything else, which is concerning but doesn't exactly mean that nuclear weapons would be used
Do you think?
I’m not being ignorant or anything but I’m genuinely not the brightest person when it comes to this. It’s frightening me so bad x

Don't make yourself Ill, better to be awake and scared than putting yourself in harms way. Be careful 💙
That’s true. It’s all so scary xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There is no immediate threat to the UK and the invasion is focused on Ukraine right now. The best thing we can do right now is to keep doing whatever it is we do best - live our everyday lives, handle our everyday responsibilities, and keep our world spinning. For that it is important to take care of ourselves, which might mean, first of all, getting enough rest and perhaps taking a step back from the media.

You could try donating to a charity or even attending a solidarity event - being more actively involved in a cause does good, feels good, and makes you feel less helpless. Some people find writing down a contingency plan makes them feel more in control.

If anyone reading this is really struggling, reach out to the Samaritans. It's normal to be scared of war because war is scary. Your feelings are valid, you are not the only one experiencing this, and there are resources that can help you deal with these feelings.

But the situation will play out how it plays out.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Praying for the people, but I also really hope that the President or at least his family remain safe also. The guts the man has to remain in the city, state so, but to then also have his family remain there

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Putin is merely carrying out an action that Israel have been getting away with in Palestine for years, but where’s the world outrage there?!

Israel have remained an illegal occupying force in Palestine since 1967, and every year since it has captured, confiscated, and illegally settled yet more and more Palestinian land (West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip). Palestinians are subject to daily harassment, oppression and are restricted from moving freely within their own country.

This occupation continues whilst the rest of the world idly stands aside and watches. Gaza is the worlds largest open air prison.

Oh but wait, let’s all pray for Ukraine. 👌🏻
This!!! Well said.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.