Escape into the Tea & Sympathy chat room #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continued from here - https://tattle.life/threads/escape-into-the-tea-sympathy-support-room.21584/page-49

This is thread number 2
And here's the original opening post to remind us what this thread is intended to do ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Do you want a place to post about things that drive you mad?
Let off steam?
Or to share things that have made you laugh?
Are you sick of Meghan and Harry?
Fed up of your country's Government or President?
Have you had enough of covid restrictions and their effect on your life?
Are you struggling with your mental health and need support to help you through?
Do you want to distract yourself by gossiping with like-minded people about no particular subject?
Do you want to laugh or cry?
Do you want to spill the tea about anything you like?

Then come right in - this thread is intended for exactly that.
We can talk about nice things, bad things - any damn thing.

Remember .... Talking is therapy.

Recap from the old thread
lots of us shared our struggles with like-minded Tattlers and we tried to help comfort and advise each other as best we can by recounting some of our own experiences and solutions we found helped us cope.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you for the new thread Chita, I can't tell you how nice it is having a space like this to talk through things, and thank you for your response to my last comment, I think the only way is up! X

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you for the new thread Chita, I can't tell you how nice it is having a space like this to talk through things, and thank you for your response to my last comment, I think the only way is up! X

The medication will kick in before you know it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks @Chita - so nice to be in a place where people actually care about each other

Anyway, let's lighten the mood (maybe!) - favourite film, and why? I could exclude tearjerkers, but hey I cry at the John Lewis advert every Christmas - yeah, I know I'm sad!

My favourite is (Rita Hayworth and) The Shawsank Redemption, written by an author whose words are a kind of poetry - Stephen King; currently re-reading 'The Stand', I'm in awe of someone who can put words together like that

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thanks @Chita - so nice to be in a place where people actually care about each other

Anyway, let's lighten the mood (maybe!) - favourite film, and why? I could exclude tearjerkers, but hey I cry at the John Lewis advert every Christmas - yeah, I know I'm sad!

My favourite is (Rita Hayworth and) The Shawsank Redemption, written by an author whose words are a kind of poetry - Stephen King; currently re-reading 'The Stand', I'm in awe of someone who can put words together like that
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."

Thanks for this thread Chita, it really is appreciated.

• Heart
Ages back in the first thread we discussed twinkly lamps - and I said I'd seen a pretty one online somewhere but couldnt remember where and one of you asked about it ( @Tattyfilarious I think it was.)
Well it popped up again - its this one.
Very cute I think.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Ages back in the first thread we discussed twinkly lamps - and I said I'd seen a pretty one online somewhere but couldnt remember where and one of you asked about it ( @Tattyfilarious I think it was.)
Very cute I think.

That looks nice.

I bought a salt lamp once that changed colour was meant to be relaxing and soothing but the colours changed at the speed of light and did some flash dancing every so often. It was the most unrelaxing light ever 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Very cute I think.

Oh, that is so pretty - going to order one now
Thanks @Chita

Bought two - half-price, so basically got two for the price of one; my wonderful husband has to suffer my flights of fancy!

But seriously, when you have a history of depression it never really goes away - you just learn to live with it

Last edited:
  • Heart
Bought two - half-price, so basically got two for the price of one; my wonderful husband has to suffer my flights of fancy!

Repeating myself - just want you to know that I care, other people care; I don't want you in that black hole

First and foremost, believe in yourself - even if you think you're someone else's worst nightmare; you are you, and they should feel privileged to have met someone like you x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
So glad the lamp popped up again.
I thought it was pretty.
Well done getting a bargain price too!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This story is a tribute to my Mum.
My Dad died when I was 9-years old; but more importantly my Mum lost her husband when she was just 29-years old (Dad was diabetic, died during a kidney transplant).
She's been there for me ever since, only child - I have four children and she's always been there for them also.
Life is what you make it x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This story is a tribute to my Mum.
My Dad died when I was 9-years old; but more importantly my Mum lost her husband when she was just 29-years old (Dad was diabetic, died during a kidney transplant).
She's been there for me ever since, only child - I have four children and she's always been there for them also.
Life is what you make it x
Sometimes life isnt what you'd like it to be no matter how hard you try.
Being constantly thwarted or treated unkindly by others eventually wears down even the strongest.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Sometimes life isnt what you'd like it to be no matter how hard you try.
Being constantly thwarted or treated unkindly by others eventually wears down even the strongest.
It does I know, but you've always been here for us - would like to be there for you also, and you are strong even as bad as it gets.
Lx

Don't ever think that your life doesn't matter - it matters to your family and friends, those who love you; and the rest?, missed a good Craic!

Take care honey. Lxx

Life has a way of tripping you up - you think that you're doing fine, then you have a situation that messes up the mix; such is life, complancy is not an option

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Washed my hair today - for the first time in weeks; I know that sounds weird (I shower every day), but washing and drying my hair is a tedious task - naturally curly and grey is not a good look, so I resort to straightening irons!
The point being that I've been supporting my loved ones through some adverse circumstances and I wouldn't have it any other way - just glad I got to wash my hair

I've realised that I can't be there for them if I don't care for myself also

Take care everyone Lx

Please do something nice for yourself today - wash your hair, watch a movie you like, listen to your favourite song - and never stop believing in yourself x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have quite a small circle of people I love and who I am close to.
There are several others on the outskirts of that whom I care about but I don't let them in real close.

One of the real close ones has had suicidal thoughts on a few occasions but I have managed to keep lifting him up but all the mental struggles and lack of sleep etc etc is showing on his face and behind his eyes so I know those dark thoughts haven't gone away.

A friend in the not-so-close category took his own life this year.
His widow has now started dating a new man.
I think its a bit soon - and wonder if maybe she was cheating before now and that might have contributed to the suicide.
I don't know and who am I to judge anyway - but now, this development has started my loved one thinking that people soon forget a person when they die and will recover from the loss with little effect and move on to new people.

So all the work I've done to keep him from the edge and to dispel his dark thoughts is now unravelling.

I'm struggling myself to keep positive after my work being decimated by all the lockdowns for all this time - so this is all I need.

I sometimes think it's better to be a hermit and keep away from real people and just live a solitary life and use places like Tattle for company.

Oh to feel happy every day and have the inner circle of loved ones feel the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have quite a small circle of people I love and who I am close to.
There are several others on the outskirts of that whom I care about but I don't let them in real close.

One of the real close ones has had suicidal thoughts on a few occasions but I have managed to keep lifting him up but all the mental struggles and lack of sleep etc etc is showing on his face and behind his eyes so I know those dark thoughts haven't gone away.

A friend in the not-so-close category took his own life this year.
His widow has now started dating a new man.
I think its a bit soon - and wonder if maybe she was cheating before now and that might have contributed to the suicide.
I don't know and who am I to judge anyway - but now, this development has started my loved one thinking that people soon forget a person when they die and will recover from the loss with little effect and move on to new people.

So all the work I've done to keep him from the edge and to dispel his dark thoughts is now unravelling.

I'm struggling myself to keep positive after my work being decimated by all the lockdowns for all this time - so this is all I need.

I sometimes think it's better to be a hermit and keep away from real people and just live a solitary life and use places like Tattle for company.

Oh to feel happy every day and have the inner circle of loved ones feel the same.
Don't know if it will help at all but I believe it depends on the person who has experienced loss. Some move on quickly and others don't. My grandad was killed in WWII, my Nan never remarried, she had a male friend who was also widowed they lived and slept separately but spent the day together. However when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer over 50yrs after my grandad had died she instantly said the diagnosis was not as bad as receiving the the telegram about my grandads death.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Morning tattlers - big squishes to you all 🤗 🤗

Just wanted to offload something. I'm still looking after Mum during the day and my Brother and my Son look after her at night (10 months after Dad died) and she just can't appreciate how fortunate she is being looked after 24 hours a day. I know she suffers from severe depression but she spends a lot of her time just wallowing in that black hole. Nearly everyone around me (myself included) suffers from mental health conditions but we all try to pick ourselves up in some way - just to keep ourselves going but she seems incapable and relies on other people for her own happiness and entertainment. Whilst that's quite frustrating (she's on every medication available and has a mental health team around her who no longer seem to have any idea what to do with her), It's her total lack of compassion and ability to take accountability for anything that is really pushing my buttons.
Whilst we've been caring for my Mum, my Brother and I don't feel we've had a moment to even start grieving for our Dad yet.

I keep dreaming about my Dad and in the dreams he is always talking but not really giving any great advice - he doesn't really interact with me in the dreams. When I try to see if he is alive or just a ghost, I go to hug him and I can feel him but he never hugs me back - it feels like rejection and I feel so upset.
This dream happens quite a few times a week.

I don't really need any advice, just wanted to get it off my chest and write it down somewhere as I just keep bottling it up. I am so lucky that Mr Spangly is going above and beyond in this situation and he does so much for my Mum which does ease the physical burden but psychologically, it is really taking it's toll!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
My grandfather’s health has been slowly declining. I spoke to him this week and for the first time ever, he didn’t sound like he was upset about getting older. It’s made it much easier to handle his declining health. Something happened today though which forced me to imagine a world without him in it and it’s made me really teary. I thought I already came to terms with the fact that he won’t be around much longer. The truth is he’s going to leave an enormous hole when he’s gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.