Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think the states are going to send in any troops and start ww3. I don't think Putin is going to take a gamble on a war. Although I can see him trying to take more ground and the states arming the people of Ukraine who will fight for their country. But maybe I've been watching too many documentaries about the Mujahideen.

Reactions: 1
I honestly don't think anyone would find Ukraine worthy of starting WW3 over. Russia is a threat and all, but Crimea was happily (for the most part) given away last time

The mentions of nuclear weapons is a bit concerning but it would point towards cold war like relations imo. I don't think Putin is dumb enough to be starting a nuclear war over this either

• Wow
Reactions: 10
boris needs to sit down and stop putting out this war narrative the media truly do not help with the aniexty around it all
Boris is very annoying in all of this. Waddling around puffing his cheeks, making grand statements, calling meetings all over the place. But mostly pretending the UK is still some sort of super power.

Reactions: 12
Boris is very annoying in all of this. Waddling around puffing his cheeks, making grand statements, calling meetings all over the place. But mostly pretending the UK is still some sort of super power.
What should he be doing? The UK is a member of NATO and if anything kicks off is likely to become involved. Should he just ignore the situation and hope it goes away?

Is the UK a super power? Of course not. But what it is undeniably is one of just a handful of nations with an independent nuclear deterrent, and on that fact alone of course the UK is a significant military power. As is France. The British nuclear arsenal is of course dwarfed by Russia, but how many nuclear weapons do you think you need to wipe out the ten biggest Russian cities with millions of casualties?

Clue. It’s 10.

What should he be doing? The UK is a member of NATO and if anything kicks off is likely to become involved. Should he just ignore the situation and hope it goes away?

Is the UK a super power? Of course not. But what it is undeniably is one of just a handful of nations with an independent nuclear deterrent, and on that fact alone of course the UK is a significant military power. As is France. The British nuclear arsenal is of course dwarfed by Russia, but how many nuclear weapons do you think you need to wipe out the ten biggest Russian cities with millions of casualties?

Clue. It’s 10.
He should be not making grand statements like I said, he seems to be loving the media spotlight of it all. He literally thinks he's Churchill sometimes. He should be approaching the whole thing a bit more measured.

Reactions: 9
He should be not making grand statements like I said, he seems to be loving the media spotlight of it all. He literally thinks he's Churchill sometimes.
What do you mean by Grand statements? Here is the interview.

He is suggesting that the situation is precarious and that any attack will result in economic sanctions against Russia. Pretty much they standard fare you hear from any of the Western Leaders. I see no bombast about sending in the gunboats or unleashing the dogs of war.

Perhaps you think he should concentrate on the really important issues. Which I believe some people think is Christmas parties?

Reactions: 2
Bojo may be trying to warn the public of what may happen, the press are reporting a cyber assault on British interests may be imminent.
But the media have form for telling fibs especially when it comes to war. Iraq anybody?
I think Russia want access to the black sea, its not really about Ukraine.

Reactions: 4
Bojo may be trying to warn the public of what may happen, the press are reporting a cyber assault on British interests may be imminent.
But the media have form for telling fibs especially when it comes to war. Iraq anybody?
I think Russia want access to the black sea, its not really about Ukraine.
I think boris has been caught out lying so much anyway i dont believe much of what he saids

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure what BJ should be saying or doing. It's a major diplomatic issue so he can't stay quiet and most people will only ever know of one or two short clips out of context that get reported on.

Macron has been saying and doing more, but he doesn't come from a country with strained relationships after two people were killed by the Russian state on their soil.

Honestly I wonder what the point is of constantly mentioning intelligence reports by US/UK (maybe other countries too?). None of them seem to have followed through yet, so it plays into Russia's hands of the West looking panicked by everything and leaders making these large statements they probably won't follow through with anyway

Even if one of these intelligence reports happens to be right, what's the point of sharing it exactly?

Reactions: 5
“The biggest war in Europe since 1945” sounds more like scaremongering to me - we have had no wars that come close to 1945 since then and it’s such an abstract reference point. The war could be contained to the region, or it could take up most of Europe; we’ve got WWII with 15+ million lives lost in Europe on one hand and more localised conflicts with thousands of lives lost on the other hand (still tragic - but the scale is so, so different). So what does this statement even mean, exactly? Unless there are specific things we should be doing to prepare, this statement only seeds fear as it’s too vague to be of any use.

Edited to add - looks like the Bosnian war has been the biggest since then in terms of human loss and the numbers are frightening, but that’s still a pretty wide point of reference and the numbers of casualties differ by hundreds of times…

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
“The biggest war in Europe since 1945” sounds more like scaremongering to me - we have had no wars that come close to 1945 since then and it’s such an abstract reference point. The war could be contained to the region, or it could take up most of Europe; we’ve got WWII with 15+ million lives lost in Europe on one hand and more localised conflicts with thousands of lives lost on the other hand (still tragic - but the scale is so, so different). So what this statement even mean, exactly? Unless there are specific things we should be doing to prepare, this statement only seeds fear as it’s too vague to be of any use.
Its a threat to Russia, he said Russian mothers would lose their sons. I read it as if Russia move NATO will take it as a declaration of war and by reporting in the media he's prepping us. If this war comes off it won't be contained to one region, the Russians may move into Cuba and then watch what happens. Putin says he has no intention of invasion though 🤔

What do you mean by Grand statements? Here is the interview.

He is suggesting that the situation is precarious and that any attack will result in economic sanctions against Russia. Pretty much they standard fare you hear from any of the Western Leaders. I see no bombast about sending in the gunboats or unleashing the dogs of war.

Perhaps you think he should concentrate on the really important issues. Which I believe some people think is Christmas parties?
Definitely not interested in his Christmas parties.

World War could happen if Russia and China team up, and Iran could also join them. They share similar goals and are the 3 main outcasts in the world.

I don't think the West want war, but this goes beyond Ukraine. If Russia goes into Ukraine, who is next? Also will China then go into Taiwan? I don't think it's Ukraine the West are so worried about , but more the precedent it sets.

Putin likes chaos and is now power crazy and he now doesn't have a strong opponent. He is testing all the weak Western leaders.

Reactions: 6
Cant find anything new saying hes told to invade other then the daily mail saying us has intelligence of this

World War could happen if Russia and China team up, and Iran could also join them. They share similar goals and are the 3 main outcasts in the world.

I don't think the West want war, but this goes beyond Ukraine. If Russia goes into Ukraine, who is next? Also will China then go into Taiwan? I don't think it's Ukraine the West are so worried about , but more the precedent it sets.

Putin likes chaos and is now power crazy and he now doesn't have a strong opponent. He is testing all the weak Western leaders.
I think as much as some countries dont get along and have their own views i think its only a select few that want war i really dont think war is going to solve anything in this case your right hes going for the ones he feel he can scare

honestly it would not shock me if he is not going to invade but keeping the troops there to spread fear of it might happen and hoping ukraine back down to their demands

If Russia goes into Ukraine, who is next? Also will China then go into Taiwan? I don't think it's Ukraine the West are so worried about , but more the precedent it sets.
This is what I've thought from the start, it's a matter of time before China goes after Taiwan and all the disputed islands in the South China sea. The west has never been as weak as it is right now with the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Reactions: 8
I honestly don't think anyone would find Ukraine worthy of starting WW3 over. Russia is a threat and all, but Crimea was happily (for the most part) given away last time

The mentions of nuclear weapons is a bit concerning but it would point towards cold war like relations imo. I don't think Putin is dumb enough to be starting a nuclear war over this either
F1893FC8-76F9-48E8-B829-10EDC6B5BBD0.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.