Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Depends who you are! For people in the west doesn't seem like good news.

He's talking about the historic land borders, no suprise as everyone thinks he's trying to claim old ground that he feels should be part of Russia. This confirms it.

Reactions: 3
I like the former Ukrainian president. Very strong.
The current one used to be an actor and comedian.
Looking online they seem to have had quite a few prime ministers and presidents in a short space of time.

Depends who you are!

He's talking about the historic land borders, no suprise as everyone thinks he's trying to claim old ground that he feels should be part of Russia. This confirms it.
He’s already moved women and children in the areas he said were independent to a town close to Moscow. Why would he do that if he wasn’t thinking that there will be some military action there…

Reactions: 4
The current one used to be an actor and comedian.
Looking online they seem to have had quite a few prime ministers and presidents in a short space of time.
He used to play the prime minister on a show that's best described as the Ukrainian version of the thick of it I believe.

And that's Vlad cut off now now the no 10 covid conference is on

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
He used to play the prime minister on a show that's best described as the Ukrainian version of the thick of it I believe.

And that's Vlad cut off now now the no 10 covid conference is on
Conference very much changing focus on this now.

It looked like he was sitting at a secretaries desk, with a load of phones from the 80s.

He's signed it now. 😐

God I hate his curtains. Burn them Vlad!

Screenshot_20220221-194128_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve refrained from posting here because I tend to get very political but this is mad. More sanctions coming Russia’s way for sure. And yes, pretty much everything about Putin’s office interior is poor taste 😂

That was honestly a terrifying speech. Far worse than I expected it

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Its very long, maybe I've started watching the wrong one, doesn't look like the pics? He was basically outlining how much Ukraine owe to Russia, can't pay now, we take your country. What a mad yoke he is.

Reactions: 2
Latest update is that Putin has ordered a "Peacekeeping mission" into the separatist states. Which is, lets be honest, an invasion in all but name.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
It was giving me "she is a fugly slut" vibes. Vald really holds a grudge.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Regardless of Putin’s actions, it’s a shame the international community will only take the Ukrainian government’s stance into account and not what some common Ukrainians say. Imagine living in a war-torn country for good 10 years and not being able to decide your own fate. My heart goes out to these poor people.

My friend is Latvian, her mother is Latvian and her father Russian. She was telling me a few days ago even her mother in Latvia would love for it to go back to Russia, insistent that life was better, people had jobs and money, enough to get by unlike now. Her mother is in her 60’s. Am I simplifying it in thinking it’s similar to Scotland wanting independence from England, or the UK leaving the EU? Would a simple vote for the two areas that are Russian backed not solve this?

My friend is Latvian, her mother is Latvian and her father Russian. She was telling me a few days ago even her mother in Latvia would love for it to go back to Russia, insistent that life was better, people had jobs and money, enough to get by unlike now. Her mother is in her 60’s. Am I simplifying it in thinking it’s similar to Scotland wanting independence from England, or the UK leaving the EU? Would a simple vote for the two areas that are Russian backed not solve this?
I don’t think it’s that easy. No matter how the people there vote, the Ukrainian government is not going to allow these hugely important
parts of the country going back to Russia. It will be seen as an annexation again, Russia will be condemned and more sanctions will be imposed. What is more, DNR and LNR aren’t exactly prospering now so that would put a huge strain on the Russian (already fragile) economy.

I've seen people from Ukraine and Russia say neither side has any appetite for war, but I've also seen people from Ukraine say they will fight tooth and nail if Russia invade. Seems to be a very divided country.
.I don't like how they're evacuating women and children, what will happen to them and the men left behind?

Around 1/3rd of the people in Ukraine speak Russian as their main language. Not surprising it's so divided:

UkraineNativeLanguagesCensus2001detailed-en.png

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.