Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Keir Starmer has spoken. Do all opposition leaders do this? Why do we need a public statement from him on every single issue? "Well I have no power but here's what I would do anyway - just so you know".

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Macmama

VIP Member
Please dont feel silly anyone the worlds so scary right now however media does hype everything up so much and bigger then what it is it is a scary time but please remember we have an amazing RAF we also have way of receiving intel yes things have advanced however i really do believe currently we are safe and aslong as nato are not hurt we wont be directly involved
This is a very good point and something that should provide everyone with some comfort.

We have an amazing bunch of girls and guys looking out for us (biased because I married one and should probably suggest not attempting a night out with them but hey ho). As terrifying as it is watching a country attacked, please remember that there are always people fighting and pushing back.

My eldest was pretty upset tonight about it all, and I heard DH talking to him at bedtime about a Mr Rogers quote that I love:

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

• Heart
Reactions: 32

under the ivy

VIP Member
Wonder how many people who were expert immunologists during Covid are now experts in Eastern European foreign policy 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 31

xoxo_a

I want to preface this by saying that I expect this will sound very silly and childish. I’m only in uni and I haven’t seen very many wars, I want to get my feelings out.

The one thing that keeps going through my mind is “how dare he?” How dare Putin? Who does he think he is, that he is entitled to Ukraine? Who does he think he is, that Russia threatens to invade Ukraine, multiple countries say Russia will be sanctioned for it, and in response he behaves as if that’s unfair? Who does he think he is that he should be able to lay waste to a country and let the bodies pile up simply because he wants to and not be punished for it? How dare he! In the midst of all this shit the world is still reeling through, there has to be a war simply because he can’t keep his hands off something that isn’t his anyway?????!!!!!!

It feels wrong to carry on as normal, you know? To carry on with work for lessons and to do the laundry, but I know as a regular person there’s only so much I can do, and I’ll do what I can, but the power is held within the government (that I haven’t trusted since I became politically aware anyway). It feels rather hopeless.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

veevee04

VIP Member
Please don't panic buy we have enough food and fuel. . Please don't make it like the COVID pandemic when the most vulnerable couldn't even get a pick of food as it had all gone. We need to pull together.

• Heart

Pinotsgoats

Zelensky’s address to Russia is heartbreaking. Trying to imagine Bojo in the same position, trying to be this defiant, composed and statesmanlike.

• Sad
  • Heart

Sundaytwelve

Apologies if similar thoughts have been shared but i just want somewhere to convey my thoughts. I am scared and nervous about this situation…over the past 3 years i feel like i’ve been living in constant anxiety over what could possibly go wrong in the world next, what could possibly happen to restrict our way of living. I was 21 when the pandemic started, i am now just a few months shy of 24 and i feel, (as i am sure everyone does) that we have already been robbed of valuable years. We are meant to be repairing. Coming together. I feel so deeply sorry for the people of Ukraine and also the citizens of Russia who do not want war. Innocent men, women and children. Whether this is a distraction or not, lives are being lost and people are hurting. I am going to catch up on this thread now. Thanks for being a space to vent. Stay well all

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
If I was having a baby right now I’d want to send it back up and clench for another few years…..
What a world to be born into, so many deranged nutjobs with power and access to little red nuclear buttons 😐
4/5/6 booster shots for a virus that was most likely leaked from a Chinese lab 😐
The tragic remake of sex and the city,

what a time to be alive born.

serious bit though,
Everyone breathe!!!!!
**dramaticall slaps across cheeks and shakes everyone**

It might not be ok, we can’t predict what will happen, but keep focused, stop spiraling if you’re the type to spiral 😐
breath and take a time out from it all when needed, don’t kill yourselves mentally with worry.
And sure listen,
Trump will come back if necessary and make Putin look stable 😐

Cheapseats

Chatty Member
This is very disappointing news. I feel sad for the ordinary people in the Ukraine who must be feeling frightened for their lives and children and homes.

• Sad
  • Heart

UnderThePalmTree

It’s very hard for me to see this because I’m from one of the Baltic States. Considering our long and complicated history with Russia/Soviet Union somewhere deep inside I have genuine fear - what if we are next?! Because quite literally there’s nothing stopping him, and that’s the worst thing! Literally next week Putin might decide that he needs Baltic States too, just because.
And NATO, allies and who the f else is just having meetings after meetings and thinking about putting some sanctions which Putin couldn’t even care less about. It’s literally scary!
I remember a couple of years ago Putin was boasting somewhere about the fact that if he wanted he could invade and take over MY country in less than 48hrs. And there’s no guarantee that he won’t do it one day too. Madness!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Pinotsgoats

The sound of the air raid sirens going off in Kyiv completely chilled my soul. The last time they were used was in WWII.

This feels very, very frightening.

• Sad
  • Heart
Same, can’t get it out of my head, even the wind noise is frightening me to death. I’m taking as many as I can to try to send me to sleep without OD-ing. Not worked so far. It must be absolutely terrifying for them.
There is no immediate threat to the UK and the invasion is focused on Ukraine right now. The best thing we can do right now is to keep doing whatever it is we do best - live our everyday lives, handle our everyday responsibilities, and keep our world spinning. For that it is important to take care of ourselves, which might mean, first of all, getting enough rest and perhaps taking a step back from the media.

You could try donating to a charity or even attending a solidarity event - being more actively involved in a cause does good, feels good, and makes you feel less helpless. Some people find writing down a contingency plan makes them feel more in control.

If anyone reading this is really struggling, reach out to the Samaritans. It's normal to be scared of war because war is scary. Your feelings are valid, you are not the only one experiencing this, and there are resources that can help you deal with these feelings.

But the situation will play out how it plays out.

• Heart

veevee04

VIP Member
I saw someone post on twitter the west is over, they have spent the last few years worrying about 50 different genders rather than thinking about foreign policy 🤣 they weren't wrong.

• Wow
  • Haha