Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please dont feel silly anyone the worlds so scary right now however media does hype everything up so much and bigger then what it is it is a scary time but please remember we have an amazing RAF we also have way of receiving intel yes things have advanced however i really do believe currently we are safe and aslong as nato are not hurt we wont be directly involved
This is a very good point and something that should provide everyone with some comfort.

We have an amazing bunch of girls and guys looking out for us (biased because I married one and should probably suggest not attempting a night out with them but hey ho). As terrifying as it is watching a country attacked, please remember that there are always people fighting and pushing back.

My eldest was pretty upset tonight about it all, and I heard DH talking to him at bedtime about a Mr Rogers quote that I love:

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

• Heart
Reactions: 32
What the duck are these videos? It's very sexist it's not solely Putin's mums fault he turned into a crank.
The second vid is a parody of the first. And you’re right, I agree. Why do mothers always get the blame? It was more likely being KGB that made him the way he is.

Reactions: 11
Please forgive if this is a stupid question, but can we donate blood from UK for those wounded in Ukraine? Couldn't find any information from an Internet search which makes me think its a daft question!

Reactions: 7
Admirable president 🇺🇦
Oh god I feel sick, tears in my eyes , brave brave man Boris could learn a thing or two off him a man who genuinely loves his people. I'm frightened He's not going to survive this. He's right we have done duck all.

The Russian protesters are also very brave . It's illegal to protest under Putin's regime, they can lose custody of their children , many disappear or get put in forced labour camps in Siberia.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Once he was sucked into the KGB there’d be no cutting ties,he’d carry too many secrets…Unhappiest looking bride and groom I ever saw.

Reactions: 10
I wish we could all go back to whining about Covid! Ma
Oh god I feel sick, tears in my eyes , brave brave man Boris could learn a thing or two off him a man who genuinely loves his people. I'm frightened He's not going to survive this. He's right we have done duck all.

The Russian protesters are also very brave . It's illegal to protest under Putin's regime, they can lose custody of their children , many disappear or get put in forced labour camps in Siberia.
The moron we have here in Australia could learn a thing or two as well! The West stood by and waited for this. May god have mercy on us all

• Heart
Reactions: 13
US providing $600million for Ukrainian weapons. US troops bolstering NATO areas, including Poland. Psaki said at White House briefing that Us has credible rumour Chernobyl staff are being held hostage by Russians.
Athletes who were in Russia to compete in World Cups are leaving in protest.
UN estimates over 100, 000 have fled.
The Times estimates around 1700 have been arrested for protesting in Russia.
After Macron denounced what was happening, post talk with Ukraine, Kremlin stated they had given Macron "exhaustive explanation of the reasons and circumstances behind the decision to conduct a special military operation".

This thread (ABC news Oz journalist on the ground):

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.