Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Slowpoker

VIP Member
I'm not totally clued up on these sanctions but it's giving "your not getting your pocket money until you clean your room" vibes

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Lollyy

VIP Member
The world is crazy we lockdown everything to save lives from covid, yet governments are obsessed with war and futile death.

• Sad
  • Heart

Bletchley

Just when (personally) my mental health was beginning to recover post-COVID... we have this. Utterly despondent at the state of the world - I'm late 20s, my adult life has been plagued by collapse of the world - and I know it sounds hyperbolic, but I don't think it is. I was in Kyiv back in November, stayed with some friends of friends, which makes it all the more upsetting. I wish I could be someone who wasn't affected by world news like this (believe me there are plenty of people around who can ignore it/remain unaware) but I just can't.

• Heart
  • Sad

veevee04

VIP Member
Admirable president 🇺🇦
Oh god I feel sick, tears in my eyes , brave brave man Boris could learn a thing or two off him a man who genuinely loves his people. I'm frightened He's not going to survive this. He's right we have done fuck all.

The Russian protesters are also very brave . It's illegal to protest under Putin's regime, they can lose custody of their children , many disappear or get put in forced labour camps in Siberia.

• Sad
Reactions: 27

veevee04

VIP Member
I want to preface this by saying that I expect this will sound very silly and childish. I’m only in uni and I haven’t seen very many wars, I want to get my feelings out.

The one thing that keeps going through my mind is “how dare he?” How dare Putin? Who does he think he is, that he is entitled to Ukraine? Who does he think he is, that Russia threatens to invade Ukraine, multiple countries say Russia will be sanctioned for it, and in response he behaves as if that’s unfair? Who does he think he is that he should be able to lay waste to a country and let the bodies pile up simply because he wants to and not be punished for it? How dare he! In the midst of all this shit the world is still reeling through, there has to be a war simply because he can’t keep his hands off something that isn’t his anyway?????!!!!!!

It feels wrong to carry on as normal, you know? To carry on with work for lessons and to do the laundry, but I know as a regular person there’s only so much I can do, and I’ll do what I can, but the power is held within the government (that I haven’t trusted since I became politically aware anyway). It feels rather hopeless.
I seriously think think he's been diagnosed with a life threatening illness like cancer or dementia and it's his last chance to secure his fucked up legacy. He's nearly 70 now and his ego can't take he hasn't conquered the world . I'm hoping and praying someone in the Russian government ends him .

• Wow
  • Heart

Slowpoker

VIP Member
I just remembered that protests are illegal in Russia. Yet all those people showed up today to protest for Ukraine 😭

• Heart
I an absolutely terrified. I’ve had to block the news sites on my phone i can’t cope. My anxiety was at such a steady pace and now it’s went sky high again. Had pains in my chest all day. All this talk of WW3 is just awful.

• Heart
  • Sad

veevee04

VIP Member
NATO are sending a LOT of firepower for the Ukraine invasion , so I think it could turn very messy very quickly. 2 destroyers and a Warship from the UK - asked for by NATO, and RAF aircraft and refuellers. Germany luftwaffe have sent Eurofighters and Typhoons, Spain and France assisting. Lots of USA troops and helicopter gunships massing at RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus, presently
Are the aircraft carriers going ? My brother is stationed on HMS Elizabeth 😥😥

Putin is merely carrying out an action that Israel have been getting away with in Palestine for years, but where’s the world outrage there?!

Israel have remained an illegal occupying force in Palestine since 1967, and every year since it has captured, confiscated, and illegally settled yet more and more Palestinian land (West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip). Palestinians are subject to daily harassment, oppression and are restricted from moving freely within their own country.

This occupation continues whilst the rest of the world idly stands aside and watches. Gaza is the worlds largest open air prison.

Oh but wait, let’s all pray for Ukraine. 👌🏻
While I have empathy for the Palestinian situation . Israel isn't threatening to blow up the rest of the world with nukes.

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I was just reading a post on a group I'm on on Facebook. Somebody had asked for the Ukraine/Russia situation to be explained in simple terms as she wanted to understand it, fair enough.

The third comment I read "it's all just a distraction for the fuck ups Boris Johnson has made in the last few years".

Yes, because Putin gives a fuck about what Bojo has fucked up and to distract from that he's bombed Ukraine. Good logic, dickhead.

• Haha
  • Wow

Slowpoker

VIP Member
My dad fought in Afghanistan. When he came home he wasn't the same man, so much so that we no longer have my dad. He might be living but he is an absolute shell of the father I once adored. We haven't spoke since 2016. The attacks on Palestine meant my childhood best friend, who gave up everything here to move with an incredible man she married and has two beautiful children with lost their father and their home. So I did pray for those situations. I was scared then and I'm scared now. It's not a completion about who's had it worse, war is terrifying. Innocent people loosing their life's is heartbreaking. The prospect that this might not just be something I watch on the news or it might not be someone I know being hurt in another country that it could happen to my home. It could be my country people watching on the news next it's terrifying.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’ll never be complacent about world affairs again since Covid. We all thought that wouldn’t amount to anything and look what happened there.

Glamourelle

Boyfriend is in the USAF and whilst they haven’t been told anything yet, I’m bricking it (trying to keep a brave face on for him though and not be a debbie downer).

Sending everyone on this thread so so much love and hugs 💗

P.s. Putin really is a proper knobhead 😩

• Heart

AladdinSane

VIP Member
Is anyone else finding it hard to look at any other thread tonight?
Yes..everything else seems so shallow and pointless today.
My heart hurts for everyone involved. War is just the most brutal thing. I can't even find the words. I'm just sad. So sad.

• Heart
  • Sad

Autisteuse

VIP Member
I only live near a corner shop, but I feel like I need more electricity, candles, maybe some money. I don't drink but some wine couldn't hurt 😅
Please don't stockpile. We need to share equally amongst us. With the collapse of the rouble and the stratospheric rise in oil/gas today, we could all suffer. Badly. If we stay calm and in solidarity with one another, we should have no need to panic. If we swarm supermarkets and petrol stations they'll run low on products, to the detriment of us all.
There's enough for all of us.

veevee04

VIP Member
My heart's breaking for Ukraine I've had a little cry this morning , all those innocent people who just want to get on with their lives being killed by a power hungry madman. I'm worrying for the future X

• Heart
  • Sad