Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to preface this by saying that I expect this will sound very silly and childish. I’m only in uni and I haven’t seen very many wars, I want to get my feelings out.

The one thing that keeps going through my mind is “how dare he?” How dare Putin? Who does he think he is, that he is entitled to Ukraine? Who does he think he is, that Russia threatens to invade Ukraine, multiple countries say Russia will be sanctioned for it, and in response he behaves as if that’s unfair? Who does he think he is that he should be able to lay waste to a country and let the bodies pile up simply because he wants to and not be punished for it? How dare he! In the midst of all this tit the world is still reeling through, there has to be a war simply because he can’t keep his hands off something that isn’t his anyway?????!!!!!!

It feels wrong to carry on as normal, you know? To carry on with work for lessons and to do the laundry, but I know as a regular person there’s only so much I can do, and I’ll do what I can, but the power is held within the government (that I haven’t trusted since I became politically aware anyway). It feels rather hopeless.
three words hun;

white male entitlement

• Wow
Reactions: 12
The Romanians have stepped in with some support for the refugees good on them 👍🏻
08F8837E-FD6E-4FD8-BD7D-BE6300F1836A.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Keir Starmer has spoken. Do all opposition leaders do this? Why do we need a public statement from him on every single issue? "Well I have no power but here's what I would do anyway - just so you know".

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Anyone see them talking about the military tactics used by Russian, its unreal, they are so so clever. I don't see how Kyiv won't fall to them.

Reactions: 8
Wild thought came to mind - were Putin indisposed, where would that leave China and their plans? They're relying on Russia to back them up down the track, were that stymied...

Turkey will have to pick a side now! They've been on the fence.
They're in a very nasty pickle - they rely on Russian tourism (I think 60%of tourists to Turkey are Russian) and there's recently been an energy crisis because Iran cut gas supplies. However, they've relied on Ukraine as a buffer between them and Russia, and there are a few thousand Crimerian Tatars remaining in Ukraine. I was surprised that Erdogan was as forceful as he was in supporting Ukraine - but they do get cheaper gas from Ukraine than Russia so...

Reactions: 9
Thats awful, I'm so sorry 💚I have a few friends from there, they never spoke well of the Russians, must have been tensions for a long time, but I don't really understand.
Should you ever get the chance, have a google of the ‘Baltic Way’ protest. It was an astonishing peaceful protest on a massive scale.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They’re dropping bombs on residential areas with families still inside the houses .

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I imagine Putin will have already played out what sanctions would be put on Russia and decided it was worth it. They seem to just be allowed to get on with it whist all we're seeing is all these other leaders making some hollow cliché statements and not doing much. This is why if Putin gets Ukraine of course he's going to want more.

Reactions: 12
A genuine Q re Putins horrible horrible threat this morning, what would happen if all the allied nations (I’m not sure if that’s the right wording) all sent troops to Ukraine? Would he just nuke the whole world?

I saw clips of residential areas being bombed on, presumably the orders came from Putin, can he be done for war crimes for that?!

I really can’t get my head around it, all this bloodshed just because Putin wants to control this small country? It’s just so awful my heart breaks. I hope he can be taken out somehow but I would worry about the ramifications from his cronies afterwards

Reactions: 21
Putin just reminds me of a toddler having a tantrum, I'm absolutely terrified of disasters like this as well 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 20
Should you ever get the chance, have a google of the ‘Baltic Way’ protest. It was an astonishing peaceful protest on a massive scale.
An incredible demonstration of people power. 🤝 I remember seeing the photos in Gediminas Tower - not sure if it was a temporary exhibition or permanent.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh China can duck right off. Its their fault we’ve all basically lost the last two years of our lives, which they’ve still not apologised for🤬

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Well, when the opening tactics are war crimes, this is going to be very bad

This is banned under the Geneva Convention, but then so are wars of aggression. Even with a war where he has an advantage in every area, he still has to break 100 year old conventions, break international law, and fight dirty.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.