UK Politics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't like any of the parties, I feel like they're pretty much as bad as each other and each have their faults. That said, I knew labour would never get fined. Organisations and the majority of the population are very left leaning, so of course they'd let Keir off the hook. Not saying that what Boris has done and how he's behaved is okay either but Keir still broke lockdown rules and should've been setting an example.

Also, I'm willing to place money that the next PM will be Rishi or someone similar. A white British PM is hated in 2022 and we will need to be "all inclusive". It's perfect for ticking those boxes 😉

Reactions: 2
Rishi has too much of the Boris about him. Nobody knew who he was before.

Reactions: 7

Yel

Who on earth thought that Rishi video was a good idea? 🤯

Love that he bought that domain the end of last year, can Tony Blair come back? 😐
Screenshot_20220708-183030_Chrome.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Who on earth thought that Rishi video was a good idea? 🤯

Love that he bought that domain the end of last year, can Tony Blair come back? 😐
View attachment 1401990

the whole emphasis on family reminded me of john major and his "back to basics" campaign in the early 90s. I would never vote tory anyway but it is like single people and people without children are just never a priority

Reactions: 11
I don't like any of the parties, I feel like they're pretty much as bad as each other and each have their faults. That said, I knew labour would never get fined. Organisations and the majority of the population are very left leaning, so of course they'd let Keir off the hook. Not saying that what Boris has done and how he's behaved is okay either but Keir still broke lockdown rules and should've been setting an example.

Also, I'm willing to place money that the next PM will be Rishi or someone similar. A white British PM is hated in 2022 and we will need to be "all inclusive". It's perfect for ticking those boxes 😉
Except of course that he didn't which is why two attempts by the client media to convince everyone (including the Durham Police) that he did have failed miserably.

If the majority of the population are "very left leaning" it is somewhat of a surprise that we have one of the most right wing governments ever.

As for the racist nonsense about 'a white British PM' ....

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Rishi comes across as smarmy, untrustworthy, slimy and out of touch.

Which is why he could go all the way.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Except of course that he didn't which is why two attempts by the client media to convince everyone (including the Durham Police) that he did have failed miserably.

If the majority of the population are "very left leaning" it is somewhat of a surprise that we have one of the most right wing governments ever.

As for the racist nonsense about 'a white British PM' ....
I’d say the majority of the population myself included would be described as classic liberals. Unfortunately it’s the Tory party closest to that now. I always thought I was left wing until I listened to what others who claim to be “left” say

He was shocking on Question Time last night, he had a face like a slapped arse from the word go and was really rude and aggressive. He's bullish on the podcast but he comes across quite differently. Maybe Rory Stewart has a calming effect on him!

He's meant to the inspiration for Malcolm Tucker isn't he? Not hard to believe.
Yes.

I like Rory Stewart. Their podcast is probably ok as I just can't stand the fact Campbell seems to have forgotten about the stunts he pulled whilst at No 10.

Reactions: 1
I’d say the majority of the population myself included would be described as classic liberals. Unfortunately it’s the Tory party closest to that now. I always thought I was left wing until I listened to what others who claim to be “left” say
I don't think 'classical liberalism' has ever had anything to do with 'left wing' politics. Typically centre-right, socially liberal and fiscally conservative in the UK. The current Tory government abandoned it's remaining tenuous claim to centre-right politics when Johnson withdrew the whip from 21 of his own MPs and threw in his lot with the 'hard Brexit', libertarians who had annexed UKIP policies for their own.

Reactions: 8
Wallace must be the only " clean " one amongst them if nobody's heard of him 😂

I rather like Tom Tugendhat although I cannot for the life of me pronounce his name.

Tug-end-hat?

Tongue-hat?

Tu-gend-hat?

This is problematic for me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He was shocking on Question Time last night, he had a face like a slapped arse from the word go and was really rude and aggressive. He's bullish on the podcast but he comes across quite differently. Maybe Rory Stewart has a calming effect on him!

He's meant to the inspiration for Malcolm Tucker isn't he? Not hard to believe.
he was getting really wound up on Pierce Morgan the other night the other guy getting interview kept goading him by saying, tell us what happened to Dr Kelly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.