UK Politics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rather like Tom Tugendhat although I cannot for the life of me pronounce his name.

Tug-end-hat?

Tongue-hat?

Tu-gend-hat?

This is problematic for me 🤣
He seems to be christened Tommy Tug on Twitter.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I rather like Tom Tugendhat although I cannot for the life of me pronounce his name.

Tug-end-hat?

Tongue-hat?

Tu-gend-hat?

This is problematic for me 🤣
he was the one that was calling the Baffoon out! long before the others

Ready4Rishi sounds like some sort of Love Island thing 😂

He was fined for partygate though and given that's the biggest scandal and that the party may want to distance themselves from that, he may get knocked out early on

• Haha
Reactions: 8
he was the one that was calling the Baffoon out! long before the others
Tom Tugendhat is my personal choice for leader.

I don't think 'classical liberalism' has ever had anything to do with 'left wing' politics. Typically centre-right, socially liberal and fiscally conservative in the UK. The current Tory government abandoned it's remaining tenuous claim to centre-right politics when Johnson withdrew the whip from 21 of his own MPs and threw in his lot with the 'hard Brexit', libertarians who had annexed UKIP policies for their own.

If anyone says 'you voted for a Tory government in 2019' the best response is to say 'Yeah and it's a shame we didn't get one.'

This incarnation is nothing like a traditional Tory government. In fact I have no idea what it is.

Reactions: 10
Wallace must be the only " clean " one amongst them if nobody's heard of him 😂
Had some scandalous expenses I think.

Supposedly Truss has been the best networker behind the scenes and had a lot of support from MPs despite being a complete idiot.

If anyone says 'you voted for a Tory government in 2019' the best response is to say 'Yeah and it's a shame we didn't get one.'

This incarnation is nothing like a traditional Tory government. In fact I have no idea what it is.
Voted for more of the same in 2019 of the tit storm that has been ongoing since people voted for Cameron instead of 'chaos' and he caved to the referendum that had led us here, a succession of governments trying to deliver the undeliverable. The remarkable thing is Johnson got a pass on Covid and Brexit from the electorate but couldn't stop lying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Does anyone else keep hearing Zoella everytime someone mentions Suella taking over?

She'd be an improvement on jack monroe, but not sure if she'd be better than BJ as she struggles to read candles in a script font

"Canoles" ~ Zoella
I think of Cruella as in De vil

Had some scandalous expenses I think.

Supposedly Truss has been the best networker behind the scenes and had a lot of support from MPs despite being a complete idiot.

Voted for more of the same in 2019 of the tit storm that has been ongoing since people voted for Cameron instead of 'chaos' and he caved to the referendum that had led us here, a succession of governments trying to deliver the undeliverable. The remarkable thing is Johnson got a pass on Covid and Brexit from the electorate but couldn't stop lying.
Please god Mrs O' Leary doesn't succeed😬

Reactions: 2

Yel

Rishi being fined for party gate is such a non story for me, he wasn't to know that when he attended a work meeting Carrie would be there with her interior designer and cake.

What I will judge him on is things like recklessly carrying on the universal furlough for so long when it should have been targeted near the end and unnecessarily stoking the property market by reducing stamp duty while there was already lots of pent up demand. He's clearly gagging for the top job, so shouldn't be let anywhere near it.

Ben Wallace probably already holds the job in the country he's best suited to and isn't desperate to become pm, so that's a good reason he should do it.

Reactions: 10

Yel

People pointed out literally minutes after Rishi posted his website that it was bought just after party gate photos came out. If he's that stupid to not know this info took seconds to find and all while planning this has done literally nothing to boost himself while he is in power then his campgain should be dead in the water. The last thing we want is yet another pm who's all about winning power, but useless in office.

Slick campgains aren't what is needed, he should have just filmed himself on his phone.

A real shame that sir Keir isn't gone. A new pm who's not been bleeping up for the last few years will really give them a boost. Can't see labour putting up much opposition, although a labour SNP coalition doesn't inspire me either.

I hope they quickly get down to two and push forward. Putin will be loving this all.

Reactions: 5
Classy whoever she is
She is our new parliamentary under secretary of state at the Department for Education and the same person who got involved in a slanging match with members of the public the previous day

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She is our new parliamentary under secretary of state at the Department for Education and the same person who got involved in a slanging match with members of the public the previous day

She's a right gob on a stick isn't she? 😆

I reckon her, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Dorries are going to superglue themselves to No 10 and get the jam eaters to fend off attempts to oust them using sticky lollies and well aimed bottles of fruit shoot 😄

• Haha

shows her mentality perfectly!

She’s still got the teenage attitude 😅 a positive role model for them, they’ll love her lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Ironically the biggest boost Labour will get is if the new Tory leader is a progressive candidate. It's all alright saying they've learned lessons and have a diverse range of candidates but Johnson's massive majority was built on a lot of voters who loved his buffoonery and weren't put off by his track record of racism, homophobia and elitism. The culture war genie is out of the bottle and I am not sure you can put it back in that easily after stoking it to your advantage for so long. Like Trump demonising vaccines etc for so long then getting booed at his rallies for suggesting his supporters should get one, can't have it both ways.

People pointed out literally minutes after Rishi posted his website that it was bought just after party gate photos came out. If he's that stupid to not know this info took seconds to find and all while planning this has done literally nothing to boost himself while he is in power then his campgain should be dead in the water. The last thing we want is yet another pm who's all about winning power, but useless in office.

Slick campgains aren't what is needed, he should have just filmed himself on his phone.

A real shame that sir Keir isn't gone. A new pm who's not been bleeping up for the last few years will really give them a boost. Can't see labour putting up much opposition, although a labour SNP coalition doesn't inspire me either.

I hope they quickly get down to two and push forward. Putin will be loving this all.
That was my thought too with Rishi. Just made me think, no, they really were all dumb, or think the public are.

Ironically the biggest boost Labour will get is if the new Tory leader is a progressive candidate. It's all alright saying they've learned lessons and have a diverse range of candidates but Johnson's massive majority was built on a lot of voters who loved his buffoonery and weren't put off by his track record of racism, homophobia and elitism. The culture war genie is out of the bottle and I am not sure you can put it back in that easily after stoking it to your advantage for so long. Like Trump demonising vaccines etc for so long then getting booed at his rallies for suggesting his supporters should get one, can't have it both ways.
It’s interesting because a lot of the users on /r/tories have been saying they really don’t like this culture war stuff. They also said they want stricter immigration rules, and I assume that asylum seekers very much fall under that. Would then lead me to think that they don’t like culture wars where something that doesn’t matter to the majority of the electorate is concerned, so something like trans rights

As long as immigration is an issue they will have endless culture wars to push though and they’ll be damn successful because a lot of people have shown that they enjoy having a pass to be racist or xenophobic

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.