Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I know it's a lazy trope, but the metropolitan liberal elite really do my fuckin' head in. I know them, I've loved them. I've lived with them. Utterly fucking feckless. 10 years of highter education; and/or married to millionaire's, or nepo-babies. Ugh. Pronouncing from on high in their expensive flats in North London how us, the proles ... the great unwashed should vote out the evil Tories. I'm not fan of The Conservatives, far from it ... but when I see and listen to these cunts it just makes me want to vote Tory to piss them off.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

emerald

VIP Member
If you say “national service“ to an average person, they’re going to think “mandatory military conscription” immediately, not a finite amount of monthly volunteer positions. It’s very odd.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
It really winds me up when they pull stunts like that. It was that dickhead Steve Bray. It was the prime minster announcing something of huge importance to the whole country and he thinks it's helpful to disrupt it. Attention seeking twat. Anyway, he's been served with some sort of order banning him from Whitehall and Parliament.

I enjoyed it haha. He was doing God's work. If Rishi wants to deliver some important news in silence he could have stayed in the warm and dry of Number 10.

• Haha

Moth

VIP Member
Angela Rayner 'story' finally dies a death (well except for in Dan Hodges weird mind) and immediately the Tory supporting media (and apparently lots of other people) jump on the Diane Abbott 'story'. Obviously this is what is important leading up to an election. Thank God we've got excellent public services, plenty of housing, no child poverty, clean water etc. or our attention might momentarily be diverted from the really important issues

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I was reading about people who were rejected by certain universities because they didn't have the right accent, hadn't been to the right school etc etc. Said people were snapped up by other places and countries and boomed.
Whereas we lost all that talent, and what were we left with? The entitled brats who look down on us "little people ". They have no understanding of what havoc they cause in our lives, as we don't have their guaranteed earning potential feather bed to weather the storms they cause. Rules aren't for them, it's us that get damaged/killed.
I can't remember what Johnson said, but he was really nasty at Oxford to someone who wasn't the right sort. I mean really belittling
Near the end of the book the author thought there might be some hope as Oxford uni was feeling some shame about the damage that had been caused by these idiots, and the part that Oxford had played in it. Sounds like they are starting to let people in on merit now.
These entitled twits can talk the talk, but there is no substance. They aren't really interested. No matter how genuine they sound. And I'm not talking about Tories alone. It runs right across Parliament, so we shouldn't be surprised that the others are filling their pockets and lying through their back teeth.
It's a good job I'm not near one of them as I might give them a right hook, despite being a lady.🤬

Reactions: 11

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Nigel Farage - I’m definitely not standing for election.
Also Nigel Farage - I’m standing for election.
How anyone can believe a single word that cunt says is beyond me.

I have to say that I’m disappointed by his super special emergency announcement. I was convinced he was going to turn up in a dress and sparkly eye shadow and tell us that he was now identifying as Nigella Farangina.

• Heart
  • Haha

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Definitely sounds like it too. Not a bad idea in theory but there's some serious short falls

We have a massive issue in a lot of more rural/outside of the South areas that simply don't have many opportunities for people to begin with, yet somehow somewhere those opportunities will appear with this national service? Will the government be funding people's travel?
And expecting the army, NHS, fire service etc to train up volunteers who will be there for a year or a couple of weekends. That seems like a big ask for an already stretched service. I imagine most of the voluntary work would be in things that require little to no training and would not benefit so much the young person doing it.

I think a point can be made that there should be more opportunity for young people, but compulsory national service isn't the answer in my opinion.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I've seen a few turnout figures (admittedly, only 5 or so) and I'm yet to see anything higher than 40%. One London Borough had a turnout of less than 20%.

That's really poor. People really are dissatisfied.

Edit: I've looked up some others, still nothing above 40%. Most is upper 30s 😬

Last edited:

Reverend

VIP Member
And I include Nigel Farage in this as well. He's just as bad as the others!
Farage is worse even more than Johnson. He's just a grifter. He never turned up to do any work when he was a MEP, and has never been elected to any national office. He just jumps on any old right-wing bandwagon.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Apparently there will 'only' be 30,000 places for actual military service and people will have to be selected to get them. The remaining 700,000 plus will be expected to volunteer (compulsorily) in organisations such as the police, fire service and NHS. I mean every aspect of this 'policy' is so stupid and impractical that it's not really worth commenting upon because really Sunak has no intention of it ever actually being introduced. It's just supposed to appeal to a section of the voting public (although God knows who) - and before anyone suggests it's old people, I'm an old person and I think it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
Yes I think the others would be in roles such as on call fire fighters and special constables.

You know, roles that require at least some level of training before taking on.

Also compulsory volunteering is an oxymoron.

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
And expecting the army, NHS, fire service etc to train up volunteers who will be there for a year or a couple of weekends. That seems like a big ask for an already stretched service. I imagine most of the voluntary work would be in things that require little to no training and would not benefit so much the young person doing it.

I think a point can be made that there should be more opportunity for young people, but compulsory national service isn't the answer in my opinion.
Special constable got mentioned and I’m sort of thinking they have no clue that a special constable is the exact same as a police officer, with the same powers but just not paid. They have to go through similar interview process, including assessment centres and a vetting process which can take anywhere between 3-6 months. Then they have to have like a 10/12 week training period where they have to learn the law, get defence training, etc. it’s not just a quick “volunteer” role. It’s a massive commitment and forcing a kid into that at 18 if they’ve no interest in going into the police force is crazy. I used to recruit for a police force up north years ago and it’s not a quick thing so it’s like this plan has been announced without actually realising what goes into it (shock🤣)

Ennui

VIP Member
In this photo it looks like Rishi is deflating as the water leaks from his strange nipples.

• Haha

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I thought Nigel performed the best in last night’s debate - he’s the only one that sounds genuinely passionate and not scripted, plus he does have a proven track record! I can totally see how and why Reform are doing so well.

The Tories are imploding, and Rishi seems to be running the most badly advised campaign ever, he doesn’t seem to have much support? It seems like his advisors must hate him (!)

Starmer is so boring and not been completely honest about spending, I feel their manifesto is very vague and doesn’t touch on all areas of public spending- ITV said there’s a 20bn shortfall that’s not been addressed. Plus, imagine Angela Rayner representing us on an international stage, embarrassing!

Interested to hear other people’s thoughts…I know a lot of people will not agree with me 😆

I agree with you entirely. If (well I think they will) Labour get in it will be sooo embarrassing. They can't even write a manifesto to cover all important issues. They don't understand finances (according to many journalists, the media, Jeremy Hunt, other politicians, and many others). They refuse to answer questions, because they don't understand how to.

People think the country's in a bad way now, oh lordy wait another six to twelve months, and we'll be completely on our knees.

• Haha
  • Heart

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Nigel Farage - I’m definitely not standing for election.
Also Nigel Farage - I’m standing for election.
How anyone can believe a single word that cunt says is beyond me.

I have to say that I’m disappointed by his super special emergency announcement. I was convinced he was going to turn up in a dress and sparkly eye shadow and tell us that he was now identifying as Nigella Farangina.
He's the unflushable turd.

• Haha
  • Heart