Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Any demands at odds with secularism should be dismissed. Secularism must be upheld at all costs. I was glad to see the Michaela verdict recently and think this should apply to a lot of other areas of society where certain groups think their rights to x, y or z should be accommodated to the detriment of others.
I did post something about 'The Muslim Vote' but deleted it because I didn't want to come across as anti Muslim but I wholeheartedly agree about secularism. Things like Shariah complient pensions in the workplace for example. No. You can take your pension and put it in any pension scheme you want. That is not down to your employer whether it's private or public sector. If religion is so important to you then send your child to a school that meet yours and your child's needs.

This applies to any groups demanding this and demanding that .... as long as everyone is treated fairly and with honesty that should be the bottom line.

Reactions: 16

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Why do you think Labour are worth voting for? - I just cannot vote for them unless they come up with some policies and how they will be raising the money. I don't trust them. Conservatives are not much better.
Honestly? I’m not that impressed with the current Labour Party. I live in Islington North, so we have our own little psychodrama going on with Corbyn and Labour. But I genuinely cannot understand how anyone could look at the absolute mess the Tories have made of this country and seriously think that Labour would be worse. You can’t trust Labour but you do trust this government?
“They’re not the Tories” may not be much of an endorsement for Labour, but frankly it’s enough.

Reactions: 16

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I actually rate Corbyn as a person. I think he lost his way a bit as Labour leader, but I feel he’s an honest person (during the expenses scandal several years ago, he was the MP with the lowest expenses claim - under £10 I think it was) who listens to the concerns of the public. He was very supportive when I lived and worked in Camden & Islington.
He seems like a good local MP who should never have been anywhere near the leadership.

Reactions: 15

Pilatesgirl

VIP Member
I imagine it is older people who have never done national service themselves but think "the youth of today need some discipline".
Exactly what I was thinking. Exactly the same people who voted Brexit and won't be around long enough to feel the full impact of it in years to come. Voting in their own interests without thinking about the future of the nation.

Moley1

Chatty Member
Finally a Tory MP had made the right call for the country. Thank God we don’t have to wait until November to get rid of them.
Keir Starmer will be a decent PM. Finally a PM with some integrity and desire to govern for all and not for his rich mates.

• Haha

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
QUOTE="Moth, post: 19403273, member: 212532"
But Conservatives are a bit better than Labour? Gosh. I wish people would just say that will ([probably continue to) vote Tory and not try to hide behind it being Labour's fault.
---

Or at least pretend to:

No I would like to know why Labour should get my vote - I have seen NO policies from them yet. Why the hell would I hide that I may vote Tories if they can persuade me to give them my vote Why should I vote labour when they have shown me nothing to entice me to vote for them. I do not vote on party lines I would like to see what the parties have to offer.
If the clusterfuck of the last 14 years hasn’t shown you exactly what the Tories have to offer I’m not sure there’s much helping you.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
If these rumours about MP's trying to oust Rishi before Thursday so they can call off the GE are true there will literally be riots and I will be at the front the charge.

• Wow
Reactions: 14

Moth

VIP Member
When did it become expected that a party would identify everything that they want to do in their manifesto? If Labour listed a policy to fix every single thing that the Tories have ruined in the last 14 years, the manifesto would be the size of the Encyclopaedia Brittanica.

• Haha
  • Heart

Metropolis

VIP Member
I actually rate Corbyn as a person. I think he lost his way a bit as Labour leader, but I feel he’s an honest person (during the expenses scandal several years ago, he was the MP with the lowest expenses claim - under £10 I think it was) who listens to the concerns of the public. He was very supportive when I lived and worked in Camden & Islington.

Trapper

He should be investigated by police. He himself has said he wasn't blackmailed, so he's admitting to compromising the security of MPs to someone he knew was catfishing him.
He is being praised for admitting to what he has done, seriously.
He started chatting to an unknown person, sent him dodgy pics and then gave him 11 other phone numbers of other individuals. What he has done would be a possible sackable offence in any other job not forgetting that he has left 11 others open to the same form of blackmail.
He should have his arse kicked and not be receiving praise and sympathy.

Moley1

Chatty Member
Gutted that Gove has bottled it and is jumping before being pushed. I was so looking forward to seeing him humiliated on election night. Not really surprising on seeing so many rats leaving the sinking ship but there are still a few more of these despicable MPs who could get their comeuppance so still worth staying up for the night.

• Haha

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I usually don't care because he does it when some minister is talking bollocks about something but on this occasion it's just not appropriate. However, I have no idea why Rishi thought it was a good idea to do it outside in the pouring rain.
Particularly when they spaffed £2.5 million on a press room which I believe has never actually been used.

Moth

VIP Member
I just don’t understand how the national service will work? Where will be put them - is there lots of spare military accommodation around? What are they going to do? Do the charities want people who are made to be there working with them? How does it work if you have a normal job or uni with a weekend or summer job?

The future 18 years olds can’t even vote, so I hope others will give them a voice on this’s
Apparently there will 'only' be 30,000 places for actual military service and people will have to be selected to get them. The remaining 700,000 plus will be expected to volunteer (compulsorily) in organisations such as the police, fire service and NHS. I mean every aspect of this 'policy' is so stupid and impractical that it's not really worth commenting upon because really Sunak has no intention of it ever actually being introduced. It's just supposed to appeal to a section of the voting public (although God knows who) - and before anyone suggests it's old people, I'm an old person and I think it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
What Cunt is playing D-Ream in the background. Can't hear a word
It really winds me up when they pull stunts like that. It was that dickhead Steve Bray. It was the prime minster announcing something of huge importance to the whole country and he thinks it's helpful to disrupt it. Attention seeking twat. Anyway, he's been served with some sort of order banning him from Whitehall and Parliament.

• Haha