Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
First job for Keir - all these bright and wonderful things you want to do - HOW? Then tell us where the money's coming from, how you'll pay it back and when.
Aren’t you even remotely bothered about where OUR money has already gone?
Billions on Test and Trace. Hundreds of millions on the Nightingale Hospitals that didn’t treat any patients. Hundreds of millions on the useless Rwanda scheme. HS2. God knows how much wasted on filtering money to dodgy COVID procurement companies.
I don’t suppose you give a shit about that do you? Too busy whining about Starmer.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I couldn’t agree more with this. I am also sick of hearing people say that governments are all the same. Having lived through quite a few, I can wholeheartedly say that this is not true. After the Covid fiasco, where the bastards led by Boris Johnson were having parties at the same time even the Queen had to go to her husbands funeral alone, I think that in itself is proof of the hatred and contempt these people have for the electorate that they are supposed to serve.

What good have they done for most of us? Absolutely nothing. They’ve cut and cut and cut every public service to the bone and made the fat cats fatter and fatter. Plus the demonising and war on disabled people. And reported comments about not caring how many people die.

I will vote for whoever is most likely to oust the Tory MP in my constituency. And I do actually live in a swing seat so it’s very important to vote, here.
Absolutely, the Covid fiasco where Boris Johnson was having parties and celebrating while people couldn't see their families, proroguing parliament to push through his Brexit deal, ministers describing homelessness as a "lifestyle choice", that 32,510 people died whilst waiting for a decision on their PIP claim between 1st April 2013 and 31st January 2022, cheering after blocking a pay rise for NHS nurses. It's clear they held the electorate in utter contempt.

They're utterly odious and July 4 can't come soon enough.

This is the legacy they'll leave behind:

• Closed 600 police stations
  • Closed 800 public libraries
  • Closed 1300 children's centres
  • Cut council funding by 50%
  • Extra 600,000 kids in poverty
  • Extra 5 million people on the NHS waiting list
  • Highest tax burden in 70 years
  • 1000% increase in food bank usage
  • Trebled national debt
  • Trebled immigration
  • Stagnant economic growth
  • Dirty rivers and undrinkable water

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I do feel if people keep voting Tory then I don’t really have any sympathy if they feel the services they receive are crap. Oh you can’t get through to the GP, have to wait a year for a hospital appointment, theres lots of crime and the police won’t deal with it. Never mind. It’s the majority who don’t vote for them I feel for
But the people who vote Tory don’t ever blame the Tories when the service they receive is crap, or they can’t get a GP appointment, or their house gets burgled and the police don’t turn up.
They mostly seem to blame illegal immigrants - who I have to admit must be a talented bunch if they can come over here and take all our jobs whilst simultaneously receiving tens of thousands of pounds a week in benefits.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Dollenganger

VIP Member
I thought it was very appropriate, the past 14 years have been miserable 😂
I couldn’t agree more with this. I am also sick of hearing people say that governments are all the same. Having lived through quite a few, I can wholeheartedly say that this is not true. After the Covid fiasco, where the bastards led by Boris Johnson were having parties at the same time even the Queen had to go to her husbands funeral alone, I think that in itself is proof of the hatred and contempt these people have for the electorate that they are supposed to serve.

What good have they done for most of us? Absolutely nothing. They’ve cut and cut and cut every public service to the bone and made the fat cats fatter and fatter. Plus the demonising and war on disabled people. And reported comments about not caring how many people die.

I will vote for whoever is most likely to oust the Tory MP in my constituency. And I do actually live in a swing seat so it’s very important to vote, here.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I’m so confused who this national service proposal is even meant to be targeting

People who constantly think we’re on the brink of a war at the moment? So you’re just scaring them a bit further because this sounds like a policy you’d introduce with the idea of needing conscription in mind in the future
I imagine it is older people who have never done national service themselves but think "the youth of today need some discipline".

Reactions: 20

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Isn't there are large Jewish constituent in North London? Forgive me. I'm watching from afar. Presumably he wouldn't run if he didn't think he couldn't win.
Not particularly in this area.
Corbyn is my MP. I think people may be wildly underestimating how popular he is here. He’s actually a pretty good MP - he’s extremely accessible, knows absolutely everything about the area and the people in it and as MPs go, works extremely hard.
I honestly think Labour will have a job on their hands to beat him.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Some people on my local community group are voting Reform instead of Tory. Are Reform like the Tories then?
Need to start reading up on the people in my area.
Reform are for people who think the Tories are woke lefties. They’re like the EDL with posher voices and fewer tattoos.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 19

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Aren’t you even remotely bothered about where OUR money has already gone?
Billions on Test and Trace. Hundreds of millions on the Nightingale Hospitals that didn’t treat any patients. Hundreds of millions on the useless Rwanda scheme. HS2. God knows how much wasted on filtering money to dodgy COVID procurement companies.
I don’t suppose you give a shit about that do you? Too busy whining about Starmer.
And how much Brexit has hurt the economy, brought about by Cameron trying to appease his backbenchers and then slink off when it went wrong for him.

Do people still remember when the Tories were having parties during lockdown and people couldn't see their family members or attend funerals?

Reactions: 18

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
All the arguing gets them nowhere and it's embarrassing with the country in the state it's in, that they are just point scoring and twisting facts. No wonder the audience look dumbstruck and laugh at them.
Just check out US Politics. That's where we're heading. Boris only delayed the inevitable. The politcal class is broken. So is legacy media. Facts don't matter. It's just about who can make the most noise. It's incredibly depressing and dangerous. I have no idea what to do or how to stem the flow of constant shite that is 'flooding the zone'. The echo chamber of social media doesn't help either, with everyone in a silo and not having rational discussions with people who have alternative views.

It's bad. REAL bad. The other very dangerous thing is that what with all the noise, a lot of people are checking-out of politics because they are either bored with the shouting or just overwhelmed by all of the nonsense ... and that's how facism gets a toehold.

• Heart

Moth

VIP Member
People who claim not to have seen any policies or funding plans from Labour are either purposely avoiding them or need a trip to Specsavers.

I'm getting ...

"I dislike what the Tories have done for the last 14 years but I don't dislike it quite enough to actually vote for a different party capable of forming a government or even somebody that could beat the Tory candidate in my own constituency unless they can convince me that I shouldn't opt for another 5 years of lies, incompetence, self-enrichment, corruption, attacks on democracy and human rights, trashing the economy, demonising minority groups, culture wars, destruction of the NHS and shit in the seas, rivers and drinking water."

It's a tough one.

• Heart

Metropolis

VIP Member
  • Sad

buttheyneverblindme8

So election is to finally be held on 4 July. About bloody time!

Absolutely pissing at "Things Can Only Get Better" blaring out of the speakers though.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Merpedy

VIP Member
I’m so confused who this national service proposal is even meant to be targeting

People who constantly think we’re on the brink of a war at the moment? So you’re just scaring them a bit further because this sounds like a policy you’d introduce with the idea of needing conscription in mind in the future

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
Investing in youth should’ve been done a long time ago ,if it’s a means to gainful employment in those sectors where it’s needed I wouldn’t have a problem with it ! There’s already thousands of young people volunteer with the likes of St John’s ambulance etc it beats hanging round st corners making a nuisance of themselves , if they were more gov support I think more young people would be up for training ,especially those from deprived backgrounds.
I was from a deprived background and school wasn’t for me, I was under connections youth service and had some really amazing volunteer roles. I did St John’s ambulance, I also did the Duke of Edinburgh award and volunteered working with young children, I was on a interview panel for university applicants wanting to do the social work degree and I ended up volunteering for a large organisation which eventually got me a very good and well payed job within it. I’m all for youngsters volunteering in the various roles there is, I do agree that it should be encouraged rather than forced, and I think there’s still a place for it for those who aren’t suitable for further education.

• Heart

bluefoot

I do feel if people keep voting Tory then I don’t really have any sympathy if they feel the services they receive are crap. Oh you can’t get through to the GP, have to wait a year for a hospital appointment, theres lots of crime and the police won’t deal with it. Never mind. It’s the majority who don’t vote for them I feel for