UK Politics #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Tories are a bunch of crooks. Labour are a Protest Party who couldn't run a bath. The end. 😬

Reactions: 6
The country is in desperate need of change. We haven’t had a Labour government for 14 years and the previous one made a better job of running the country than the Tory Party have done since then. When Starmer becomes PM he will inherit a mess and I don’t envy his new government’s predicament. Whatever you think of the current opposition, they will have to go some to be worse than the present government. It will make a welcome change to be governed by people who put public service before self interest.

Reactions: 9
The country is in desperate need of change. We haven’t had a Labour government for 14 years and the previous one made a better job of running the country than the Tory Party have done since then.
I don’t like the Tory party or what they’ve done but the previous Labour government sent us into a war under questionable circumstances which destabilised the Middle East and our own security.

Reactions: 9
It will make a welcome change to be governed by people who put public service before self interest.
Give it 3 months and Momentum will show-up and Labour will be infighting like there's no tomorrow. I'm more Left than you, No, I'M more Left than You. I was on the Jarrow March, where were you? I was on Greenham Common, where were YOU? The Labour Party is a party of protest, it's not fit to govern. In fact, a section of The Left are philosophically opposed to ruling over the people, it runs counter to their principles. Another section of The Left, the Corbynista's, are pure apparatchik's. Once Labour get in it'll be an unholy mess. Personally I couldn't give a duck who gets in because it will make very little difference to my life.

Reactions: 7
I don’t like the Tory party or what they’ve done but the previous Labour government sent us into a war under questionable circumstances which destabilised the Middle East and our own security.
The invasion of Iraq was also voted for in Parliament by the Conservative Party.

Reactions: 8
The invasion of Iraq was also voted for in Parliament by the Conservative Party.
Moley1 said ‘previous one made a better job of running the country than the Tory Party have done since then’ which is what I was replying to. Whoever voted for us to go to war should be ashamed, we should never have gone

Reactions: 1
Moley1 said ‘previous one made a better job of running the country than the Tory Party have done since then’ which is what I was replying to. Whoever voted for us to go to war should be ashamed, we should never have gone
I mean Labour outperform the Conservatives on almost every metric, such as the economy:

NHS waiting times:

School spending per pupil:

At constituency level wages are higher under Labour than Conservative:

Reactions: 8
Give it 3 months and Momentum will show-up and Labour will be infighting like there's no tomorrow. I'm more Left than you, No, I'M more Left than You. I was on the Jarrow March, where were you? I was on Greenham Common, where were YOU? The Labour Party is a party of protest, it's not fit to govern. In fact, a section of The Left are philosophically opposed to ruling over the people, it runs counter to their principles. Another section of The Left, the Corbynista's, are pure apparatchik's. Once Labour get in it'll be an unholy mess. Personally I couldn't give a duck who gets in because it will make very little difference to my life.
Nah, Starmer's done a grand job of purging the Labour party of the whinging Trots. The likes of Owen Jones and the rest of the magic grandpa's fan club will probably be on GBNews week in, week out, moaning about anything and everything a Labour government does.

Reactions: 3
Well electing a whole bunch of new Tory MPs in 2019, many of which are of the right-wing headbanger fraternity didn't help.
It was around that time UKIP were fully incorporated into what was once the Conservative party.
Then they went a bit populist/Trump style, giving us Boris.
They're almost unrecogniseable even from Theresa May's tenure which wasn't that long ago.

Reactions: 5
Well electing a whole bunch of new Tory MPs in 2019, many of which are of the right-wing headbanger fraternity didn't help.
To get nominated then all they had to do was say Yes to 'do you support Brexit?' The 2019 intake are terrible.

I see former Goggleboxer Jake Tapper (26) has been nominated as Labour candidate to take on Oliver Dowden (45) in Hertsmere. I said to my hubby I'd vote for him because tbh the youngsters really can't do any worse what the current bunch of apparent grown ups.

To get nominated then all they had to do was say Yes to 'do you support Brexit?' The 2019 intake are terrible.
The Tories had the same problem as Labour in 1997. Many of the MPs elected in seats they didn't think they would win weren't investigated enough, and it became clear that many of them weren't up to it or had giant skeletons in the cupboard.
---
Gullis is pathetic.....

Last edited:
Gullis is pathetic.....
He's quite possibly the least attractive man I think I've ever seen. His mouth gives me the creeps, the way it moves and what comes out of it mainly. That thing where he went to a reception centre for unnacompanied child migrants and told them to paint over cartoon characters on the walls so as not to make it too welcoming is quite possibly one of the most hateful pieces of cuntdom I've come across. :cautious: He's another one that reinforces the old saying that politics is just acting for ugly people.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
He's quite possibly the least attractive man I think I've ever seen. His mouth gives me the creeps, the way it moves and what comes out of it mainly. That thing where he went to a reception centre for unnacompanied child migrants and told them to paint over cartoon characters on the walls so as not to make it too welcoming is quite possibly one of the most hateful pieces of cuntdom I've come across. :cautious: He's another one that reinforces the old saying that politics is just acting for ugly people.
Think that was Robert Jenrick wasn't it?

But Gullis is awful, vile physically and personally. I can't believe he managed to reproduce.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Think that was Robert Jenrick wasn't it?

But Gullis is awful, vile physically and personally. I can't believe he managed to reproduce.
Oh was it. Gawd, I forgot about him. He's very similar insofar as he has a face that I'd like to slap with a wet fish too. 😬

Reactions: 1
I don’t disagree that Starmer will have his work cut out to keep the far left at bay but he has already showed that he is up to the task. I doubt if Labour can be any worse than the car crash of the last 14 years.
Meanwhile George Galloway has started…
---
Back to the earlier point, I know a few people who are full on Corbynites and would much rather see the Tories back in than a Labour government under Starmer. Fortunately Starmer is no fool and has slowly been moving people like this further away from the main party.