UK Politics #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lets face it he was always Nippies wee lap dog, let the cabal F.off to the Bermuda triangle in the fancy Nancy campervan!
I'll never forget him applauding vigorously as Nicola unveiled the "new" Ferry with it's painted on fake windows.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
When politicians say "I will not be resigning" does it actually mean "I will be resigning within the next 72 hours" then?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'll never forget him applauding vigorously as Nicola unveiled the "new" Ferry with it's painted on fake windows.
honestly they are a b..... farce the whole damn lot of them! more chance of the wheels being taken off the campervan and have it work as a ferry than the sh1t show we've been given

Reactions: 5
*Suella Braverman enters chat*
I hate Cruella Braverman’s vile beliefs and dreams!! Who the hell has a dream of sending vulnerable people on a plane to Rwanda?! It’s absolutely gross.

We need a general election, the only issue with that is that we are likely to lumped with Spineless Starmer. What’s the point of a diet Tories disguised as Labour candidates? I swear the only reason the main players of the Labour Party identify as Labour is because they can’t bear the shame of calling themselves Tories. I despair of this country, I truly do. We need a change in political thinking and practices. I’m a progressive, I’m politically adrift in our current political system.

Reactions: 10
I hate Cruella Braverman’s vile beliefs and dreams!! Who the hell has a dream of sending vulnerable people on a plane to Rwanda?! It’s absolutely gross.

We need a general election, the only issue with that is that we are likely to lumped with Spineless Starmer. What’s the point of a diet Tories disguised as Labour candidates? I swear the only reason the main players of the Labour Party identify as Labour is because they can’t bear the shame of calling themselves Tories. I despair of this country, I truly do. We need a change in political thinking and practices. I’m a progressive, I’m politically adrift in our current political system.
Yeah maybe, I think he is trying to appeal to people who would also typically vote Tory as well. A bit like Blair I guess. I don't think any real left wing Labour party had ever gained power for a significant amount of time. Corbyn tried and failed to mobilise enough people to vote for him.

He could be more left for me but honestly anything else is better than the 14 years of utter shite from the Tories.

Also the sooner the likes of Braverman, Sunak, Hunt, Rees-Mogg et al are banished to history books the sooner.

Reactions: 8
Yeah maybe, I think he is trying to appeal to people who would also typically vote Tory as well. A bit like Blair I guess. I don't think any real left wing Labour party had ever gained power for a significant amount of time. Corbyn tried and failed to mobilise enough people to vote for him.

He could be more left for me but honestly anything else is better than the 14 years of utter shite from the Tories.

Also the sooner the likes of Braverman, Sunak, Hunt, Rees-Mogg et al are banished to history books the sooner.
Blair wasn’t for me at all, although I did vote for him, but the only thing Labour seem have going for them is that they’re not the Tories and the front bench appears to have fewer psychopaths on it.

Blair wasn’t for me at all, although I did vote for him, but the only thing Labour seem have going for them is that they’re not the Tories and the front bench appears to have fewer psychopaths on it.
True, I think they come across as quite cautious and not very ambitious. Although with the economic effects of Covid and Brexit still ringing in people's ears I guess it is more difficult to be as ambitious as 2017 and 2019 when Covid hadn't hit and the full effects of Brexit were not felt.

I still think they're the better choice than four more years of Tory rule.

I'm looking forward to local / Mayoral elections later in the week and whether that will push Rishi to name a date for a General Election. Or do we think he will wait until one solitary plane has taken off to Rwanda and call one? 🤔

Reactions: 4
True, I think they come across as quite cautious and not very ambitious. Although with the economic effects of Covid and Brexit still ringing in people's ears I guess it is more difficult to be as ambitious as 2017 and 2019 when Covid hadn't hit and the full effects of Brexit were not felt.

I still think they're the better choice than four more years of Tory rule.

I'm looking forward to local / Mayoral elections later in the week and whether that will push Rishi to name a date for a General Election. Or do we think he will wait until one solitary plane has taken off to Rwanda and call one? 🤔
I can’t bring myself to vote for Labour, his inability to call Israel blocking water and utilities in Gaza a war crime left a bad taste. I can’t vote for a man who has turned his back on every he supposedly valued as soon as he gained power. I’m scared of how the office of Prime Minister will affect him, he’s already shown a little power has gone to his head. His inability to accept other views within his own party, his expulsion of many left wing members, his refusal to allow LLPs to pick their candidates despite this having been standard practice before him does not bode well and smacks of authoritarian tendencies.

I voted for Corbyn, I didn’t vote for Blair (nor anyone else in those elections). I’m after a left wing progressive party, that is the only place I will place my X. I would love to see a hung parliament so we can have a coalition, our two party system isn’t working for the majority of people in Britain and Labour can only parrot watered down Conservative policies. That’s not a choice.

• Heart
When I listen to people I admire when they talk about politics they're telling me they're all a shower of sh1te . They're weak and this country needs someone strong like Navalny's wife who has belief.
They tell me that the current lot of politicians are like rats doing everything in their power to hold on to the perks and frauds they do behind the scenes, rather than doing their job. One of them says they're like bloody parakeets on Question Time parroting the same drivel rather than answering the question.😁

• Heart

Are you kidding? When Corbyn campaigned against May the press predicted the collapse of the Labour Party, she barely won. There are more people now who wouldn’t vote Tory, and the older generations are no longer ageing out of voting for Labour to switch conservative. The conservatives need a major rethink on their policies, their vote share is dying off and the votes they are getting are now are from the racists and the remaining grey vote.

Both parties are clueless, directionless and pointless, grasping to outdated ideas when what Britain really needs is a visionary to lead us into the future that makes the average citizen’s life better. New tax laws, a British bill of rights, changing drug policy into a health care issue rather than a criminal issue, we need to invest in British people, renationalise Royal Mail and the Post Office, all public transport and utilities including broadband and mobile phones, change our housing laws and build more affordable housing and invest in public infrastructure. We need to introduce direct democracy so that people can actually participate in the political process, we need to outlaw lobbying and stop contributions to political parties. We need to look after the people more, invest in social services, the NHS, community services. If not we are going to keep falling behind the rest of the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Are you kidding? When Corbyn campaigned against May the press predicted the collapse of the Labour Party, she barely won. There are more people now who wouldn’t vote Tory, and the older generations are no longer ageing out of voting for Labour to switch conservative. The conservatives need a major rethink on their policies, their vote share is dying off and the votes they are getting are now are from the racists and the remaining grey vote.

Both parties are clueless, directionless and pointless, grasping to outdated ideas when what Britain really needs is a visionary to lead us into the future that makes the average citizen’s life better. New tax laws, a British bill of rights, changing drug policy into a health care issue rather than a criminal issue, we need to invest in British people, renationalise Royal Mail and the Post Office, all public transport and utilities including broadband and mobile phones, change our housing laws and build more affordable housing and invest in public infrastructure. We need to introduce direct democracy so that people can actually participate in the political process, we need to outlaw lobbying and stop contributions to political parties. We need to look after the people more, invest in social services, the NHS, community services. If not we are going to keep falling behind the rest of the world.
Thank you! It's so frustrating that are only options are things getting worse vs things possibly getting a little better when, looking at the state of things, wouldn't take a lot of work! A monkey could fix the Tories mess, where's the actual change?

• Heart
Thank you! It's so frustrating that are only options are things getting worse vs things possibly getting a little better when, looking at the state of things, wouldn't take a lot of work! A monkey could fix the Tories mess, where's the actual change?
I agree, we are going backwards instead of creating the Britain we have the potential to be. It’s like all the progress we made in the last century is being undone in this one.

I am proud to be British, we used to be a forward looking nation with strong values, how many other countries have taken inspiration from the institutions Britain created? Our legal system, our healthcare system, our welfare system led the way and those shining beacons were used as a blueprint by many other countries. Now we stand alone, diminished and laughed at. Not because of immigrants, but because of our ridiculous politicians.

• Heart

In 2019 he got less of a vote percentage than Tony Blair did in 2005 campaigning for his third term in power.

What you are listing is lovely and in an ideal world I'd love nationalised utilities, mobile phones, broadband etc but I'm not sure in the state the county is in now that all you list is immediately feasible.

You can campaign for all the lovely things until you're blue in the face but unless you convince the general electorate you're always going to be in opposition. Sure the older generations who voted for the Tories in previous years are ageing etc, but a new generation is there to immediately replace them.
---
I can’t bring myself to vote for Labour, his inability to call Israel blocking water and utilities in Gaza a war crime left a bad taste. I can’t vote for a man who has turned his back on every he supposedly valued as soon as he gained power. I’m scared of how the office of Prime Minister will affect him, he’s already shown a little power has gone to his head. His inability to accept other views within his own party, his expulsion of many left wing members, his refusal to allow LLPs to pick their candidates despite this having been standard practice before him does not bode well and smacks of authoritarian tendencies.

I voted for Corbyn, I didn’t vote for Blair (nor anyone else in those elections). I’m after a left wing progressive party, that is the only place I will place my X. I would love to see a hung parliament so we can have a coalition, our two party system isn’t working for the majority of people in Britain and Labour can only parrot watered down Conservative policies. That’s not a choice.
Let's be honest, if you're not voting Labour you're going to allow the Tories another term in power. I'm not going to base my vote on what he says about Israel and Gaza.

Reactions: 6
The Tories had the same problem as Labour in 1997. Many of the MPs elected in seats they didn't think they would win weren't investigated enough, and it became clear that many of them weren't up to it or had giant skeletons in the cupboard.
---
Gullis is pathetic.....

My constituency elected a Tory mp for the very first time in 2019. It was more or less a dead certainty she would get in. To be fair she’s done more in five years than the long-standing labour woman did in twenty. That doesn’t say much. However, it appears it’s all gotten too much for her and isn’t standing later this year. It’s a shame because she started off well and proved a very good speaker. Unfortunately, relationships and journalistic commitments appear to have distracted her from her Westminster real job.

In 2019 he got less of a vote percentage than Tony Blair did in 2005 campaigning for his third term in power.

What you are listing is lovely and in an ideal world I'd love nationalised utilities, mobile phones, broadband etc but I'm not sure in the state the county is in now that all you list is immediately feasible.

You can campaign for all the lovely things until you're blue in the face but unless you convince the general electorate you're always going to be in opposition. Sure the older generations who voted for the Tories in previous years are ageing etc, but a new generation is there to immediately replace them.
We managed it post war, and we were already in debt. We have to spend to create the future, the problem is in how people have been convinced the government purse operates. It’s does not work like a household budget, but that’s the way it’s treated. You have to speculate to accumulate, that’s a business idea, it also applies to the country’s finances. We invest in Britain and our people, that is the way to boost the economy.

• Heart