UK Politics #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ukraine are literally being propped up by the US and NATO it’s not a secret, do you think Vlad is blind to it 😂 UK would be reliant on the home guard by this stage, the armed forces have been in steady decline for years.
They are supplying aid, they are not militarily engaging. That’s a very important distinction.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yet! Ukraine are depleted in troops, they’ll need to come from somewhere.
They cannot come from any NATO alliance military. Look up NATO, the West is currently performing a subtle political and diplomatic dance, as long as NATO forces stay out of Ukraine, Putin will not engage the rest of the west. Seriously read up on NATO. For reference the First World War was started because of an alliance treaty like NATO. The stakes are much higher now due to nuclear proliferation.

On another subject, anyone else see this yesterday?

Apparently this muppet thought Cameron was a good Prime Minister and he was happy to standby by austerity, but now just before he and the majority of Tory MPs lose their seats he has suddenly developed a conscience and decided to cross the floor to Labour. bleeping opportunistic twit, wasn’t bothered about the state of the NHS before, but now he can’t look his colleagues in the eye. This is why so many people hate the Tories.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
They cannot come from any NATO alliance military. Look up NATO, the West is currently performing a subtle political and diplomatic dance, as long as NATO forces stay out of Ukraine, Putin will not engage the rest of the west. Seriously read up on NATO. For reference the First World War was started because of an alliance treaty like NATO. The stakes are much higher now due to nuclear proliferation.

On another subject, anyone else see this yesterday?

Apparently this muppet thought Cameron was a good Prime Minister and he was happy to standby by austerity, but now just before he and the majority of Tory MPs lose their seats he has suddenly developed a conscience and decided to cross the floor to Labour. bleeping opportunistic twit, wasn’t bothered about the state of the NHS before, but now he can’t look his colleagues in the eye. This is why so many people hate the Tories.
I thought Ukraine were in the process of joining NATO?

I thought Ukraine were in the process of joining NATO?
They want to join NATO, have been trying for years. NATO won’t accept membership for any country engaged in hostilities with another. Also, they have been refused multiple times due to the prior agreement between Russia and NATO.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They want to join NATO, have been trying for years. NATO won’t accept membership for any country engaged in hostilities with another. Also, they have been refused multiple times due to the prior agreement between Russia and NATO.
Maybe they’re stringing them along ? but I’m sure I read they’re in the process of joining, trying to clean up some of the corruption the war may not be an obstacle in this case?

Reactions: 1
Maybe they’re stringing them along ? but I’m sure I read they’re in the process of joining, trying to clean up some of the corruption the war may not be an obstacle in this case?
It’s not about corruption, it’s about a state of war existing between Ukraine and Russia.

I’m putting a link to give you some background information on NATO.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s not about corruption, it’s about a state of war existing between Ukraine and Russia.

I’m putting a link to give you some background information on NATO.

According to this they’re going to work around it 🤷🏼‍♀️

According to this they’re going to work around it 🤷🏼‍♀️
It’s setting the stage for Ukraine joining NATO after the cessation of the war. That’s the “conditions to be met”, it also says about creating a NATO-Ukraine council. So no they aren’t letting Ukraine in until then. This article is last year, how much progress has been made with the contents of the article? The military aid packages are the only action currently ongoing, other than Sweden now being a member of NATO everything else hasn’t come to pass and it’s almost a year since this article was published. Yes there are plans for Ukraine to join NATO, it won’t happen until the end of this war. It’s NATO rules, no country involved in active military conflict cannot join. Once the war is over Ukraine will probably join NATO, that is the plan.

If you can tell me which bit are you not understanding, I can try and clarify further as we seem to be going round and round.

• Heart
It’s setting the stage for Ukraine joining NATO after the cessation of the war. That’s the “conditions to be met”, it also says about creating a NATO-Ukraine council. So no they aren’t letting Ukraine in until then. This article is last year, how much progress has been made with the contents of the article? The military aid packages are the only action currently ongoing, other than Sweden now being a member of NATO everything else hasn’t come to pass and it’s almost a year since this article was published. Yes there are plans for Ukraine to join NATO, it won’t happen until the end of this war. It’s NATO rules, no country involved in active military conflict cannot join. Once the war is over Ukraine will probably join NATO, that is the plan.

If you can tell me which bit are you not understanding, I can try and clarify further as we seem to be going round and round.
How long do you think the war is going to last? We’re well past the two week promise from two years ago 😂

• Haha
How long do you think the war is going to last? We’re well past the two week promise from two years ago 😂
Honestly no idea, Ukraine has shown they are a worthy opponent against Russia, I think it’s going to be a numbers issue Russia has more people to call up for military conscription. However, Russia are tit at this type of warfare, it’s why they lost in Afghanistan and why they have struggled so badly to make gains. Ukraine have adapted well to this style of warfare, plus they are making headways in their use of technology, drones especially.

Russian military doesn’t operate like western military forces, in western military orders come down the chain of command, but the lower level command can make decisions based on changes in situations. The Russian military orders come from high up the chain of command and have to be followed regardless of any change in circumstances on the ground. No adaptations or different actions, they have to follow the orders, even if it is going to duck up badly, and it has badly. Remember when there was a large convoy of Russian military vehicles on the way to Kiev? Ukraine hit the first and last vehicle in the convoy, essentially halting and trapping those vehicles in one place, this type of military strategy is how they have managed to keep fighting.

There are issues Putin is facing at home from the mother’s and wives of the soldiers sent to Ukraine, this could also have an impact. Russia has a special respect/reverence for the mothers and wives of their soldiers. Despite all the crackdowns on speech in Russia, he has to tread carefully as the wives and mothers have started to speak up about their sons and husbands.

There are more issues to be considered, but these are all important factors that are at play in this war, and have a big impact on how much longer it can last.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Honestly no idea, Ukraine has shown they are a worthy opponent against Russia, I think it’s going to be a numbers issue Russia has more people to call up for military conscription. However, Russia are tit at this type of warfare, it’s why they lost in Afghanistan and why they have struggled so badly to make gains. Ukraine have adapted well to this style of warfare, plus they are making headways in their use of technology, drones especially.

Russian military doesn’t operate like western military forces, in western military orders come down the chain of command, but the lower level command can make decisions based on changes in situations. The Russian military orders come from high up the chain of command and have to be followed regardless of any change in circumstances on the ground. No adaptations or different actions, they have to follow the orders, even if it is going to duck up badly, and it has badly. Remember when there was a large convoy of Russian military vehicles on the way to Kiev? Ukraine hit the first and last vehicle in the convoy, essentially halting and trapping those vehicles in one place, this type of military strategy is how they have managed to keep fighting.

There are issues Putin is facing at home from the mother’s and wives of the soldiers sent to Ukraine, this could also have an impact. Russia has a special respect/reverence for the mothers and wives of their soldiers. Despite all the crackdowns on speech in Russia, he has to tread carefully as the wives and mothers have started to speak up about their sons and husbands.

There are more issues to be considered, but these are all important factors that are at play in this war, and have a big impact on how much longer it can last.
It’ll last as long as the Americans say so!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It’ll last as long as the Americans say so!
As long as they are prepared to bankroll it too, but Europe would most likely up its contributions if America stopped funding it, as it’s on their doorstep. There’s too many interested parties in this war. Plus guaranteed the military industrial complex is loving this war - countries getting rid of their older military equipment, they’ll need to replenish their stocks. War is far too profitable for too many in power.

Reactions: 3
cannae come quick enough! we need the whole cabal oot on there ar5e!
I don't follow Scottish politics too closely but he doesn't seem to have been that effective, and has managed to checkmate himself in a single player game.

It seems like the longer a party is in power the more toxic they become (or appear to be).

• Heart
I don't follow Scottish politics too closely but he doesn't seem to have been that effective, and has managed to checkmate himself in a single player game.

It seems like the longer a party is in power the more toxic they become (or appear to be).
Incompetence
Every time he was incompetent in a ministerial post he got promoted to another post.
Transport & The Islands, promised road upgrades, new ferries etc
Justice minister, Police call centres were a shambles, accidents left undiscovered.
Health Secretary, record waiting times, missed targets.
1st Minister, reduces his party to a minority government lol
You couldn't make it up...

Incompetence
Every time he was incompetent in a ministerial post he got promoted to another post.
Justice minister, Police call centres were a shambles, accidents left undiscovered.
It also seems like poor politics to cast out the Green Party and then think they won't back a vote of no confidence against you 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Incompetence
lets face it he was always Nippies wee lap dog, let the cabal F.off to the Bermuda triangle in the fancy Nancy campervan!

• Haha
Reactions: 6