UK Politics #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's all about dividing people.
Yes. The ultimate example is Russia. The West need a bogeyman to keep us cowering in our bunkers. You cannot convince me that diplomacy or flat-out cold-hard currency cannot convince Putin to just stop his bullshit. I just don't believe it. I don't want to come across as some mad conspiracy nut, because I'm not. But the answer to all your questions is MONEY. The West could pay-off Putin TODAY if they wanted.

Whilst I'm on this rant, let me say something else. China could easily broker a peace-deal with Ukraine/Russia/Putin. Russia is beholden to China through trade. But imagine the optics, the leader of Ukraine, Zalenski and Putin, across a table signing a peace-deal in Beijing. The US does not want that. The US does not want to admit that China is the global leader in the world. I could go on and on about this but I won't bore you.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes. The ultimate example is Russia. The West need a bogeyman to keep us cowering in our bunkers. You cannot convince me that diplomacy or flat-out cold-hard currency cannot convince Putin to just stop his bullshit. I just don't believe it. I don't want to come across as some mad conspiracy nut, because I'm not. But the answer to all your questions is MONEY. The West could pay-off Putin TODAY if they wanted.

Whilst I'm on this rant, let me say something else. China could easily broker a peace-deal with Ukraine/Russia/Putin. Russia is beholden to China through trade. But imagine the optics, the leader of Ukraine, Zalenski and Putin, across a table signing a peace-deal in Beijing. The US does not want that. The US does not want to admit that China is the global leader in the world. I could go on and on about this but I won't bore you.
With Russia, it's more that people are scared.

1000114791.png

Yulia Navalnaya said this recently. This is what is happening. What actually needs to happen is for Putin's inner circle to be sanctioned. But you have to have a pretty decent grasp on Russian politics to be able to follow all that.
All Putin cares about is his yachts etc. That's it. It's all about his power.

You cannot convince me that diplomacy or flat-out cold-hard currency cannot convince Putin to just stop his bullshit.
Putin is one of the richest men in the world, his is a billionaire multiple times over. The majority of his wealth is hidden. He doesn’t want diplomacy or money - he wants power. He wants to go down in the Russian history books as a god like creature. You can’t work with people who have that mentality.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Putin is one of the richest men in the world, his is a billionaire multiple times over. The majority of his wealth is hidden. He doesn’t want diplomacy or money - he wants power. He wants to go down in the Russian history books as a god like creature. You can’t work with people who have that mentality.
Very true! You cannot work with him. We must make sure that no one sees him as legitimate president. That no one sits down at the negotiating table with him.
He isn't a politician. He must not be treated like one.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just as a sidebar ...

A lot of Putin's assests have been frozen by the EU. They make about 1 billion a year in interest while they hold his money. Some suggest the money should be used to arm Ukraine. But the bean-counters are worried that would set a dangerous precident and other authoritarian regimes (Saudi Arabia for example) will be put off investing in Europe.

It's quite a sick game and as per usual money/wealth is at the root of it.

Reactions: 1
For me, it's less about the possibility that this will become policy and more about the fact that the Tories seem to always need new scapegoats and targets.

It doesn't seem like people are falling for it this time but I'm sure the intention is to make the public hate benefit recipients like they did in the early 2000s.

It's all about dividing people.
I seem to remember that a long time ago in the 'Channel migrants' thread I predicted that once the Tories had wrung all the juice out of targeting migrants as the enemy they would switch to another target. Well here we are and as you say not for the first time.

Reactions: 8

---
I seem to remember that a long time ago in the 'Channel migrants' thread I predicted that once the Tories had wrung all the juice out of targeting migrants as the enemy they would switch to another target. Well here we are and as you say not for the first time.
Benefits claimants have always been the target, the public don’t need gov spin to know how much migration is affecting their daily lives.

Two things the Tory scum are responsible for......

1) Paying people to sit on their backside for the best part of two years.

2) The huge rise in NHS waiting lists.

So now they complain about sick note culture and want to cut off benefits after 12 months, which will make more people steal to eat, so put more strain on the police force. How about they get the waiting list down so people on it who want to work can get back to work healthier?

Two things the Tory scum are responsible for......

1) Paying people to sit on their backside for the best part of two years.

2) The huge rise in NHS waiting lists.

So now they complain about sick note culture and want to cut off benefits after 12 months, which will make more people steal to eat, so put more strain on the police force. How about they get the waiting list down so people on it who want to work can get back to work healthier?
Maybe they should focus on benefit fraud? There’s lots claim for illnesses they don’t have or over exaggerate their disability , leaving genuine sufferers to face the wrath of the Tories.

In the scheme of things benefit fraud costs the government very little. That's not to say they shouldn't try to crack down on it where they can, of course (the easiest way would be to make sure the information sharing between different agencies actually happens how it should).

You also have to balance that if you make it too hard to claim disability benefit then people who actually deserve it don't bother trying because it's too hard, and also increased enforcement may end up costing almost as much as it saves.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

---
In the scheme of things benefit fraud costs the government very little. That's not to say they shouldn't try to crack down on it where they can, of course (the easiest way would be to make sure the information sharing between different agencies actually happens how it should).

You also have to balance that if you make it too hard to claim disability benefit then people who actually deserve it don't bother trying because it's too hard, and also increased enforcement may end up costing almost as much as it saves.
It doesn’t cost them as much as tax avoidance, that’s for sure!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Maybe they should focus on benefit fraud? There’s lots claim for illnesses they don’t have or over exaggerate their disability , leaving genuine sufferers to face the wrath of the Tories.
How many is 'lots'? What proportion of all claims are for "illnesses they don't have or over exaggerate their disability"? Where do I find those numbers?

• Heart
How many is 'lots'? What proportion of all claims are for "illnesses they don't have or over exaggerate their disability"? Where do I find those numbers?
I guess it varies by region ? NI has a very high proportion of disability claimants also a high proportion of fraudulent claims, including a political figure that had his claim publicly questioned…There’s been 5 prosecutions in my small area alone ( covering three streets) two from the same family, one having to pay back £33,000 the other £75,000 for over exaggerating their disability.

---
IMG_5748.jpeg

---
They’re staying in the commons until the bill passes.
---

Last edited:
  • Sick

---

Benefits claimants have always been the target, the public don’t need gov spin to know how much migration is affecting their daily lives.
I absolutely guarantee that the last 14 years of this utterly appalling government have had much more of an adverse effect on the public’s daily lives than migrants.
But let’s keep on punching down rather than look at who is really responsible for the mess the country is in.

• Heart
I absolutely guarantee that the last 14 years of this utterly appalling government have had much more of an adverse effect on the public’s daily lives than migrants.
But let’s keep on punching down rather than look at who is really responsible for the mess the country is in.
It’s been in a mess for longer than 14 yrs .
---
Didn’t know it was a racist flag !

Attachments

Last edited:
Apparently there was a survey that 12.5% of Labour voters think the 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 flag is racist, which is why that's been mentioned.

Reactions: 1