UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh wow it's real, David Cameron is actually Foreign Secretary now.

Doesn't say much for the pool of MPs that Sunak had to choose from does it?
---
New home secretary is James Cleverly

Reactions: 7
Just needs to give him a peerage first then he can appoint him to cabinet. Given the dregs that Sunak has to choose from, appointing Cameron as Foreign Secretary wouldn't be a bad move.
So they put him in the Lords, but apparently they cannot appear in the chamber of the Commons so he won’t be there to be grilled by our MPs?

Crazy times! I thought he was long gone, didn’t know they could reinstate past members.
Not sure how it works tbh, except if you are a Peer but not a current MP you can take up a post in the Govt.
Like you say, crazy times
Sunak has realised, taken him a while but realised the fruitcakes he's involved with lol

Reactions: 4
So they put him in the Lords, but apparently they cannot appear in the chamber of the Commons so he won’t be there to be grilled by our MPs?
Very few of the current Parliament are capable of doing any proper grilling anyway, so ...
---
Jeremy Hunt staying as Chancellor

Just the other day my partner and I had to have a proper think to even remember who is the current Chancellor

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not sure how it works tbh, except if you are a Peer but not a current MP you can take up a post in the Govt.
Like you say, crazy times
Sunak has realised, taken him a while but realised the fruitcakes he's involved with lol
I don’t think he’s lord ,is he? I thought Sunak didn’t like Cameron’s style of politics 🤷🏼‍♀️ everyday we rise there’s a surprise in store ,one way or another 🙃

Reactions: 1
Sweet Jesus. What happens when there are no dregs left in the bottom of the barrel, what are you scraping at exactly?
They went through the barrel a while back. They've drilled through the ground and are currently boldly heading toward the earths core like in that film IMHO.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
And now ministers resigning right left and centre in support of Suella.

IMO she said what many of us were thinking. But she shouldn't have said it in the first place.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
How on earth is Cameron back after all that corruption he was involved in with Greensill?
They really take us for fools.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
All this is ringing a bell with a video I saw on You Tube recently. A respected psychic talking about what's going to be happening in the world and in politics, and the phrase sit back and watch the floorshow springs to mind.
If what he predicted happens then it's going to be some floorshow. 😲😳🤷
p.s. can't remember exactly what he said but think there will be quite a few revolving doors ...

Reactions: 3
The cons must really know they are done for, bringing back good old Dave will remind everyone about austerity just before a general election, I presume he will also have to campaign: justify any decisions made. He is not elected as a constituent mp - shows how little they think of democracy, in the future there are no up and coming mps to take on important roles. Out of 350 mps they haven’t been training anyone for this vital role. Dave is about to see how our influence has shrunk in the international arena without the collective backing of you know the EU.

Reactions: 8
And now ministers resigning right left and centre in support of Suella.

IMO she said what many of us were thinking. But she shouldn't have said it in the first place.
Doesn’t it tell you something that if something shouldn’t be said, there is probably a reason for that and perhaps you shouldn’t be thinking it either?
Serious question, doesn’t it bother you that she, as our Home Secretary, actively encourage a group of thugs to come to London and cause violence on our streets? Incitement to cause violence is a criminal offence. Do you think that homeless people should be deprived of the only shelter they have? Should people escaping persecution be put on a plane to a country that many think is unsafe also? Do you think that is ok?
Apparently in a poll only 16% of the people thought that she was doing a good job. Over 50% thought she was doing a poor job. I am glad and proud to be in the latter group of people and for those who support her, I sincerely hope that she and those like her get kicked out at the next election.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.