UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All this is ringing a bell with a video I saw on You Tube recently. A respected psychic talking about what's going to be happening in the world and in politics, and the phrase sit back and watch the floorshow springs to mind.
If what he predicted happens then it's going to be some floorshow. 😲😳🤷
p.s. can't remember exactly what he said but think there will be quite a few revolving doors ...
More changes to be announced !

My dad had the misfortune to meet suella when he volunteered for saafa. When she visited their office she wasn’t the slightest bit interested in them or what the organisation does, it was all about the photo op and then leave. When pictures and articles were released it seemed as though she had been there hours. She is only interested in Suella and who she can use as a step up.

Reactions: 8
Oh wow it's real, David Cameron is actually Foreign Secretary now.
Doesn't say much for the pool of MPs that Sunak had to choose from does it?
Sunak has realised, taken him a while but realised the fruitcakes he's involved with lol
Sunak obviously had a look around the room and thought 'duck'.

If Sunak has thought the only way he regain control was by bringing back Cameron then he really is in a mess with the MP's he's surrounded with. What where his options? I was thinking Mordaunt, Tugendhat or maybe Dowden.

I think it's Rishi's way of trying to get more traditional conservatives back on board. I see a few old school conservatives are happy about Cameron being back in the fold. Trying to go back to a time before the Suella's, Mogg, 30p Lee's of this world hijacked the party.

I miss the likes of Dominic Grieve, David Gauke, Rory Stewart ... you may not have liked their politics but as least they weren't psychopaths.

Reactions: 9
And now ministers resigning right left and centre in support of Suella.

IMO she said what many of us were thinking. But she shouldn't have said it in the first place.
So she said what people ( RACISTS) are thinking but shouldn’t have said it?
Go back to bed ffs. 🙄

Reactions: 16
It's hard to know who to trust. Politicians manoeuvring for their own best interests and tough tit for the people caught in the cross hairs.
Suella obviously wanted to be sacked. Couldn't stand her the first time I saw her on Question Time.
Oh for politicians who put the country before their own best interests. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 1
From 2018

1699875632833.jpeg

Cameron's return can't be a sudden decision. Sunak can't have phoned him last night and said "hey mate, fancy a spell as Foreign Secretary for me?"

It's not like telling an MP that they're now a minister. This has to have been planned, discussed, negotiated for some time.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
So we’ve got an unelected Prime Minister appointing an unelected person to one of the highest government positions. Not a single one of Sunak’s MPs good enough to do the job then?
At the rate these twats are going we could all be called up before the next election. I’m calling dibs on Foreign Secretary, I could do with a holiday.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So we’ve got an unelected Prime Minister appointing an unelected person to one of the highest government positions. Not a single one of Sunak’s MPs good enough to do the job then?
At the rate these twats are going we could all be called up before the next election. I’m calling dibs on Foreign Secretary, I could do with a holiday.
It's certainly got to send waves of demoralisation through the MPs that none of them were thought good enough.

At least when Cameron heads off overseas for meetings etc, the other countries will have heard of him.

It's certainly got to send waves of demoralisation through the MPs that none of them were thought good enough.

At least when Cameron heads off overseas for meetings etc, the other countries will have heard of him.
Oh yes they’ll have heard of him alright. Unfortunately it will be as the irresponsible hole who absolutely screwed this country by holding an unnecessary referendum and then buggering off when the tit hit the fan. Marvellous.🙄

• Heart
Presumably this week’s Foreign Secretary will have immediately resigned from all his extremely lucrative “other jobs”.

Reactions: 5
For Cameron it's a massive win. A return to front line politics without all the aggravation of being an actual MP.

Was Lord Carrington ever an actual MP or did he always serve with the government as a peer? ( I know he was a hereditary peer)

Nick says putting the Foreign Office into Cameron's hands frees Sunak up to fight the election.

• Sad
Policing though
Seriously? Policing thoughts now? 😂 🙈
Stop 😳
Policing thoughts now???
Perhaps you should stop attacking people for expressing an opinion.
People, you included, can think and say what you like. Just don’t expect not to get pushback if you say (or think) something that many would find deeply unpleasant.
And for the record, what should we do if a great many people are “thinking” of beating up people going around their right of peaceful process? Should we not say anything for fear of being told off for policing thoughts?

Reactions: 14
A post in the Memes thread made me check the Conservatives twatter account. It's hilarious! It's like they're announcing contestants on Gladiators, or handing out Top Trumps cards.

Definitely handed the keys to the Twatter account to the youngsters today.

1699877852065.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Seriously? Policing thoughts now? 😂 🙈
Stop 😳
Bit more than a "thought" though, isn't it?

Braverman's "thoughts" were feeding through to policy targeting already oppressed groups and influencing the public mood. It's her "thoughts" that saw counter protestors leave their houses on Saturday armed with batons and knives, sending each other messages that they were planning to do more than protest.

0_JS316495850.jpg

Another glorious day in British politics. He’s the reason we’re in this mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.