Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Laughingforlife

VIP Member
What do we all think of reform UK?
Not voting for them obviously, but would they be considered far right?
I have a friend who wants to vote for them and I find it all terribly worrying

monga

VIP Member
Isn't that how it should work? At the moment the current tory policy is that you have to be on UK soil to claim asylum and this allows them to brand people "illegal immigrants". Applying for asylum while still overseas seems like how it should work to me.
National crime agency said it will only encourage more migrantion its a deterrent that’s needed.

monga

VIP Member
Next year we also think there will be a rise in people using various statistics to make political captital. A year-on-year increase of 150 percent.
Thing with statistics is we usually see them in real time , they can’t be hidden .

thegirlscout

VIP Member
20+ point swings are gargantuan. Obviously there won't be a 20+ point swing nationwide at the election but the Tories are definitely on the path to wipeout and almost guaranteed to fall below 200 seats.

Complete disaster for Sunak who might be at risk of losing his job, though I'm not sure a sixth leader and PM in thirteen years will do anything other than tank their polling even further.

They're being deservedly punished for thirteen years of misrule.
That map is very red! Do the Cons have enough MPs to still have a majority in the House of Commons?

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Well Gorgeous George is now my MP. I ended up voting monster Raving Loony. Galloway absolutely hates women who stand up to him. His treatment of Naz Shah in Bradford was absolutely despicable. He's an opportunistic shill who will take money from Iran and Russia and defend their leadership whilst decrying British politics as undemocratic. I cannot wait for the GE to be called so he can fuck off back out of town. He's claimed he's already arranged for the indoor market to reopen. I might make an appointment with his office to find out more about that and how I can get a stall so I can sell some rationality to people here.

As for postal votes, I always used to have one because I worked as a poll clerk so couldn't go and vote in person. However there have been questions before over the legitimacy of postal votes especially when you don't need ID for it and anyone in the household could technically request it and return it not necessarily the named elector.
Agreed, it was the same in Bethnal Green and Bow vs Oona King. Hopefully he won't be your MP for too long.

monga

VIP Member
No, it is taken from CrimeRate who aggregates open police force data, social media signals and file FOI requests with local police departments to build the most complete catalogue of crime and safety information in the region.

I can hear the bottom of the barrel being scraped though 😉
Apparently Blackpool is the most violent area in UK ( England & Wales)

monga

VIP Member
I'm not sticking up for hester AT ALL, but he allegedly made those remarks in 2019. Jo Cox had been murdered in 2016, but David Amess wasn't killed until 2021.
I think Hester’s of the humour of Bernard Manning and Nik ! Nik ! Jim Davidson.

monga

VIP Member
All this is ringing a bell with a video I saw on You Tube recently. A respected psychic talking about what's going to be happening in the world and in politics, and the phrase sit back and watch the floorshow springs to mind.
If what he predicted happens then it's going to be some floorshow. 😲😳🤷
p.s. can't remember exactly what he said but think there will be quite a few revolving doors ...
More changes to be announced !

Merpedy

VIP Member
Nobody said it was? I said it’s great that the option exists. Some council tenants never choose to buy but remain there for 80+ years, then it might pass to their children if they’re resident with them, those properties are still out of circulation longterm , unless there’s some kind of tenancy time limit that I’ve never heard of??
Info on how that works:

monga

VIP Member
"Sick notes will be approved by the benefits system rather than doctors".

In other news ...

But remember folks, the problem with this government is that they aren't right wing enough.
Right out of the CT handbook 😂

monga

VIP Member
Im pretty sure that is a dig but I don't own my own home and probably never will. I privately rent an ex council house.

At least he's said something about housing, which makes a change from the tory rhetoric of what bathroom trans people use.
No dig at all, how would I know anyone’s personal circumstances? I just tell it as I see it…I don’t think any council tenant should be demonised for trying to better themselves and their family…Yeah let’s see what materialises..

Attachments

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
He had no choice but to resign IMO. He had led the Remain campaign and it was rubbish. He had been defeated and he would have been kicked out in a no confidence vote at some stage.

You have to remember at the time people were shouting very loudly for a Scottish referendum and Brexit. He delivered both. Some very vocal people just didn't like the results. hence why it's still a divisive topic today.

As another poster pointed out in another thread ( @thewittowoo ) , Cameron was not expecting a win in the 2015 election. He was probably thinking another coalition with the Lib Dems who would have vetoed the referendum and he'd have been off the hook.

The way I look at it is, Cameron was voted in on a manifesto for a Brexit referendum, The referendum was won by leave. May was voted in on a leave manifesto. Boris was voted in with a ridiculous majority on a totally 'get Brexit done' campaign. The country essentially voted at least 4 times for Brexit. As a remainer myself I cannot ignore that fact and accept it no matter what I think of the consequences.
oh believe me I remember all right! it is an extremely divisive topic today and still has massive implications where it has split friends and families work colleagues etc no matter how many referendums it would be the same ones shouting regardless of the result in my opinion he would have better to be show some gumption when the going got tough rather than saunter away with his tail between his legs bloody coward