Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
Have you read anything about the case apart from the Daily Mail headline? He was a British citizen and the 'circus' was that the government made a mess of trying to remove his citizenship. The result of that is that he still is a British citizen. I guess they could try to remove it again but unless there's any evidence that almost 7 years later he still presents a national security risk and of course assuming that this time they do it within the law and their own policies, I doubt it's going to be very easy.
By your account this is lies? …Despite security services still classing him a threat in December 2023.
IMG_2639.jpeg

---
It is important to note that British Citizenship can be removed from a person born in the UK or outside the UK, but only if they hold citizenship of another country – i.e. it can only be revoked where a person would not be left stateless. This is international law.
Yes , I’m aware of that the guy is Sudanese.

Ennui

VIP Member
lol even guide dogs won't quietly sit there with someone's heel on their tail. It's fairly obvious it's just the camera angle or her heel was only on strands of fur and not the proper tail.

THIS however should be getting an awful lot more condemnation than it is

Someone in property sales has done VERY nicely there. Wouldn't surprise me if their name was Pat Handclock or something.
Oh fair point but that never stopped our good old free press before!

Happy Lady

VIP Member
It's all kicking off in The Commons right now. MPs voting on whether the House should sit in private, which would be a total blackout to TV.
The Speaker spoke out of turn. It's all about wanting a ceasefire in Gaza.

monga

VIP Member
Reading through that I get the impression that the rules are pretty similar throughout England, Wales and Scotland

Ireland is normally a bit of the outlier for historical reasons (I assume)
Interested to know what happens to those evicted from council tenacities if they don’t qualify to keep their home( under these new rules) …Does the council still have to house them / offer emergency accommodation?

Moth

VIP Member
Maybe because the HO and intelligence don’t comment on individual cases ...
No they don't but if you know that I'm puzzled why you previously said ...

... why have MP’s and security services commented on a case if there is no case
I also see that you followed up your previous comment about ...

... Despite security services still classing him a threat in December 2023.
with the comment that ...

.... This reads like he’s still considered a security threat ( December 2023)
Now I'm not entirely sure what the 'this' is. Could it be this screenshot that was in the same post?

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I get depressed watching the news, and especially since I met up with someone yesterday who was talking about a bloke who is involved in all the nasty stuff coming out way from the government - around controlling us - as he works in that area. I asked them to send me details. Forewarned is forearmed but the general impression I'm getting from all this is they're going to push the public too far in the not too distant future, and we'll riot, including the people who would never have considered this before.

monga

VIP Member
Info on how that works:
I see it’s only been introduced within the past decade and doesn’t universally apply to all regions.
https://www.creditladder.co.uk/blog/inherit-a-council-or-housing-association-tenancy#:~:text=If%20your%20mum's%20tenancy%20started%20AFTER%20April%201st%2C%202012%20then,(such%20as%20her%20partner).

monga

VIP Member
I wonder what party and certain "Iron Lady" introduced the policy where you could buy your council house and reduced stock by 2.5 million. 🤔
Things haven’t improved since then! We’re still in deficit ! How many social houses did Labour build ?

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I can't believe James Clever Clogs sacked David Neal for doing his job.
Poor bugger was only a month from retiring too.
Petty or what. 🤬

thegirlscout

VIP Member
They (the political class) can't even pay wrongly convicted postmasters compensation, pay our nurses a fair wage or keep our rivers clean. Do you really think they can cause change in a region that has been mired in confict for generations? To me, as a cynic, this whole affair is a smoke-screen designed to distract us.

Ugh, I have so much to say. But I won't bore you good people.
No, I don’t think just by voting for a ceasefire they can change anything that’s why I was wondering if there was any consequence to the vote like suspending trade or sanctions, etc.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Can someone clear this up for me: I’ve read today that Rishi Sunak made Dave Cameron a Lord - Can he do that? And why did he do that? But he won’t be able to sit in the House of Commons? So the MP of one of the Great Offices of State won’t be sitting next to his PM when he is inevitably asked about what he’s doing in role of Foreign Secretary.
---
Also was David Cameron’s return in the cards for anyone? It feels like it’s come from left field.