UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently the amount of postal votes almost doubled. Last time was about 14k but this time 28k

Reactions: 2
He is not interested in Rochdale, nor dealing with its many issues. This election win is all about him.
Come on, there are a lot of MPs like that. Including my own, couldn't give a toss about local issues and has a couple of well-paid side-jobs, one linked to Russia and one linked to China. :rolleyes: George is symptomatic of the melding between showbiz, politics and US-style political coverage in our media. Plenty of politicians (and media commentators, ie: Piers Moron) are vile, nasty pieces of work ... it goes with the territory sadly.

Keep your chin-up people ...

Reactions: 7
He’s a nasty man, he shills for Russia and China and denied any atrocity happened in Bucha.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
What happened to diversity 🤔
I genuinely don’t see the problem with this. Isnt it only 2 performances out of the entire run?
No surprise that the Tories are attempting to make political capital out of their faux outrage. I wonder if they’d be quite as vitriolic if a play about the Holocaust decided to make a couple of performances exclusively for Jewish audiences. Because I doubt it.

Reactions: 5
I genuinely don’t see the problem with this. Isnt it only 2 performances out of the entire run?
No surprise that the Tories are attempting to make political capital out of their faux outrage. I wonder if they’d be quite as vitriolic if a play about the Holocaust decided to make a couple of performances exclusively for Jewish audiences. Because I doubt it.
If it’s public funded it should be open to all, in saying that we have annual events that are public funded but wouldn’t be classed as inclusive to all.

Reactions: 3
People complaining about a play they never planned to see.

Guess we'll do away with anything aimed at women only, men only, Christians only, pensioners only, mothers only, fathers only, children only and so on and so forth.

Reactions: 4
People complaining about a play they never planned to see.

Guess we'll do away with anything aimed at women only, men only, Christians only, pensioners only, mothers only, fathers only, children only and so on and so forth.
I feel discriminated against that where I live you can only get free travel if you're over 60. What about the rest of us. It is publicly funded and should be available for everyone.

Reactions: 4
I guess they’ll be no problem when the next “white only “audience tickets go on sale 😂

• Haha
Just a publicity stunt to sell a tit-sounding play to people that would normally have never heard of if they don't follow West End Theatre.
I was thinking that. Just drumming up some publicity and controversy. If he truly wanted to make it accessible to a black audience why doesn't he take it to a small venue in a predominately black area for a few days and sell tickets for a nominal fee?

I really do have an issue with any kind of segregation like this especially when it is accompanied with phrases like 'safe space away from white gaze'. That is problematic for me. It's divisive and inflammatory. IMO.

Reactions: 9
But for the two specific performances that the uproar is over.
So what difference does it make? There are plenty of performances open to everyone, so anyone who doesn’t qualify for the black only shows can choose another night.
I’m absolutely certain that none of the people complaining about 2 black only shows would go and watch this play anyway

---
So what difference does it make? There are plenty of performances open to everyone, so anyone who doesn’t qualify for the black only shows can choose another night.
I’m absolutely certain that none of the people complaining about 2 black only shows would go and watch this play anyway
It’s racism!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.