UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Controversial opinion (I know) but my opinion nevertheless, I want to make it clear that I do not agree with everything that Suella said during her time in office, however I really believe her comments about the marches are spot on and she said what too many are afraid to say in fear of being called Zionists/racists etc.

It has broken my heart to see the demise of our country, the fact that poppy sellers were mobbed and we could not respect our fallen during a sacred event without the attention being diverted.

The police are biased and weak, we are weak as a country and that is a result of a weak government.

I do not condone what is happening in Israel and Gaza, but why should this be a problem on our doorstep? With businesses being damaged, nationalists being attacked and people fearful to leave their homes? I am scared to live in London, it seems like a civil war is closer than ever unless we have major shifts in policy which will not happen.

When will the government learn that multiculturalism does not work? These marches are not only to support Gaza, there are hidden agendas but we are too woke as a nation to confront the reality. The world is laughing at us, our great country is a complete mess, someone needs to speak up and she did that. Now she suffers the impact of cancel culture.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
But Cameron was liked among traditional Conservative voters and that is who Rishi needs to attract back to the party and very quickly. Boris and the Conservatives got the UKIP/Brexit vote and the anti Corbyn vote in 2019 ... that's not the case now and they are drowning. Any sensible person is going to vote Starmer or Lib Dem.

Cameron also got on well with the European Union leaders .. no one ever ignored him like they did with May or Johnson. I'll never forget the image of May wandering around like Billy No Mates at a European Union meeting.
the likes of May was treated as Billy no mates in Europe because of him he caused the divide, I would have had a bit more respect for him if he hadn't resigned

Reactions: 4
The Tories have lurched horrifically to the right
I strongly disagree with this. If it was the case they would become more electable to their voters instead of becoming the losers they now are. Right wing voters want and expect right wing policies.

lower tax
Less nanny state
Law and order
Strong defence

All of the above are not being fulfilled.

I strongly disagree with this. If it was the case they would become more electable to their voters instead of becoming the losers they now are. Right wing voters want and expect right wing policies.

lower tax
Less nanny state
Law and order
Strong defence

Tottaly agree, they are the most left they have ever been... especially now cameron is back. They are basically in Keir Starmer's lap.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Holy tit. I honestly thought this was a joke. Unfortunately not. Minister for Common sense and tv appearances?
Is she a big enough right wing nut bucket to please the racist lunatics Tory voters? 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
the likes of May was treated as Billy no mates in Europe because of him he caused the divide, I would have had a bit more respect for him if he hadn't resigned
He had no choice but to resign IMO. He had led the Remain campaign and it was rubbish. He had been defeated and he would have been kicked out in a no confidence vote at some stage.

You have to remember at the time people were shouting very loudly for a Scottish referendum and Brexit. He delivered both. Some very vocal people just didn't like the results. hence why it's still a divisive topic today.

As another poster pointed out in another thread ( @thewittowoo ) , Cameron was not expecting a win in the 2015 election. He was probably thinking another coalition with the Lib Dems who would have vetoed the referendum and he'd have been off the hook.

The way I look at it is, Cameron was voted in on a manifesto for a Brexit referendum, The referendum was won by leave. May was voted in on a leave manifesto. Boris was voted in with a ridiculous majority on a totally 'get Brexit done' campaign. The country essentially voted at least 4 times for Brexit. As a remainer myself I cannot ignore that fact and accept it no matter what I think of the consequences.

Reactions: 2
Controversial opinion (I know) but my opinion nevertheless, I want to make it clear that I do not agree with everything that Suella said during her time in office, however I really believe her comments about the marches are spot on and she said what too many are afraid to say in fear of being called Zionists/racists etc.

It has broken my heart to see the demise of our country, the fact that poppy sellers were mobbed and we could not respect our fallen during a sacred event without the attention being diverted.

The police are biased and weak, we are weak as a country and that is a result of a weak government.

I do not condone what is happening in Israel and Gaza, but why should this be a problem on our doorstep? With businesses being damaged, nationalists being attacked and people fearful to leave their homes? I am scared to live in London, it seems like a civil war is closer than ever unless we have major shifts in policy which will not happen.

When will the government learn that multiculturalism does not work? These marches are not only to support Gaza, there are hidden agendas but we are too woke as a nation to confront the reality. The world is laughing at us, our great country is a complete mess, someone needs to speak up and she did that. Now she suffers the impact of cancel culture.
Maybe she should have got onto the Home Secretary to restore calm and improve relations with police instead of running her mouth off to the press.

Maybe she should have got onto the Home Secretary to restore calm and improve relations with police instead of running her mouth off to the press.
They are weak and too woke, she knew she was on her way out and said what everyone thinks. I hope that now she is sacked, she will continue to speak more truths.

Reactions: 3
... the fact that poppy sellers were mobbed and we could not respect our fallen during a sacred event without the attention being diverted.
What are you talking about?

They are weak and too woke, she knew she was on her way out and said what everyone thinks. I hope that now she is sacked, she will continue to speak more truths.
Fortunately nothing like 'everyone' thinks like you.

Reactions: 18
How are they weak and too woke? Policing by consent is quite a widely used concept not just in the UK but Ireland, Canada and New Zealand.

If she wanted them to be tougher on crime perhaps she should have funded them better.

It was her job to manage police and instead she decided to criticise them publicly. The right wing reaction and disturbances around the cenotaph on Saturday are entirely on her.

Reactions: 14

lower tax
Less nanny state
Law and order
Strong defence

People repeatedly voted in the party who oversaw these issues spiral though, overwhelmingly in 2018.

Conservative used to be the brand of economic security and law and order. Even though Johnson has left we are still watching the government lurch from chaos to chaos.

I'm not sure how it would be any better under a more hardcore right wing Tory party as they would be unlikely to return a strong majority and a lot of the most devoted zealots just aren't actually any good at their jobs. There's a reason they are only coming to prominence now, because they are the bottom of the barrel.

We can all be swept away by online discourse and the churn of the media cycle but when it comes to the ballot box the silent majority turn out for the safest looking pair of hands that hasn't said anything too extreme, immune (and blissfully unaware in most cases) to the sharper end of politics. The same way they rejected Corbyn last time out.

Didn't these 'peaceful' protesters beat up an old man selling poppies in Scotland? Why do these these flag waving loons assault aged charity collectors? It's not just one they've done it to either. They targeted them. Hope to hear they've been banged up or they've been made to do community service in some care home gardens.

Reactions: 1
If you are referring to the news stories about poppy sellers being mobbed, like the one that supposedly happened in a train station in Edinburgh, they have been looked into and no evidence was found.

Reactions: 11

She was “cancelled” because she was an absolutely useless Home Secretary who should be arrested for incitement to riot. She was rightly sacked before for breaking the ministerial code and should never have been given her job back. Nothing to do with tofu eating wokerati. She was sacked because she was a liability and completely unsuitable for such a job.
I am not sure if I have missed more stories about poppy sellers being assaulted but the one I did hear about in Scotland turned out not to be an assault at all. A child stood on the poppy seller’ s foot 😂.
There isn’t much to be proud about in this country at the moment but I am proud that hundreds of thousands of British people take to the streets to call for the end of killing innocent civilians. I know some people aren’t bothered as it isn’t happening here, but if decent people do not stand up and protest about inhumanity wherever it is taking place, what have we become?
If the world is laughing at us it is because of Brexit, it is because of the last 13 years of Tory misrule. If they are laughing at us about what happened on Saturday it will because we had a Home Secretary who thought it was perfectly ok to incite violence against a peace march. There are peace marches taking place all over the world. You have to be a pretty heartless person to laugh at them.
---
Of course no evidence was found *side eye*
It was fully investigated, eye witnesses were interviewed and CCTV viewed. As said, a child stood on his foot. The transport police made a point of coming out and saying there was no reason for poppy sellers to worry. Check it out if you don’t believe me.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

lower tax
Less nanny state
Law and order
Strong defence

They're the losers they are now because they have become UKIP in all but name.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
He had no choice but to resign IMO. He had led the Remain campaign and it was rubbish. He had been defeated and he would have been kicked out in a no confidence vote at some stage.

You have to remember at the time people were shouting very loudly for a Scottish referendum and Brexit. He delivered both. Some very vocal people just didn't like the results. hence why it's still a divisive topic today.

As another poster pointed out in another thread ( @thewittowoo ) , Cameron was not expecting a win in the 2015 election. He was probably thinking another coalition with the Lib Dems who would have vetoed the referendum and he'd have been off the hook.

The way I look at it is, Cameron was voted in on a manifesto for a Brexit referendum, The referendum was won by leave. May was voted in on a leave manifesto. Boris was voted in with a ridiculous majority on a totally 'get Brexit done' campaign. The country essentially voted at least 4 times for Brexit. As a remainer myself I cannot ignore that fact and accept it no matter what I think of the consequences.
oh believe me I remember all right! it is an extremely divisive topic today and still has massive implications where it has split friends and families work colleagues etc no matter how many referendums it would be the same ones shouting regardless of the result in my opinion he would have better to be show some gumption when the going got tough rather than saunter away with his tail between his legs bloody coward

Well, lovely to know the old boys network is still in full force. Another wonderful old Etonian on board the sinking ship. What a great message to send out to the people of the UK ... it's not what you know (the lesser the better actually), it's who you know.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.