UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't these 'peaceful' protesters beat up an old man selling poppies in Scotland? Why do these these flag waving loons assault aged charity collectors? It's not just one they've done it to either. They targeted them. Hope to hear they've been banged up or they've been made to do community service in some care home gardens.
No. That did not happen. See my earlier post about what actually did happen. How do you feel about the loons who attacked the police at the Cenotaph (that actually did happen)?
Sadly marches do attract some unpleasant elements but the peace marches are made of a overwhelmingly peaceful people.
That cannot be said if Tommy Robinson’s football hooligans who caused so much trouble at the Cenotaph and later on around London.
The flag waving loons as you call them want an end to the killing. I know which bunch on Saturday I would rather be with.

Reactions: 14
Didn't these 'peaceful' protesters beat up an old man selling poppies in Scotland? Why do these these flag waving loons assault aged charity collectors? It's not just one they've done it to either. They targeted them. Hope to hear they've been banged up or they've been made to do community service in some care home gardens.
Didn't happen. The alleged assault of a poppy seller in Edinburgh was investigated by the British Transport Police. Extensive inquiries found no evidence of an assault. It was reported a child may have caused minor injuries to a poppy seller’s foot.

There were claims that poppy sellers were being abused and intimidated, that there were none at London stations because they were scared of attacks, that they were forced to wear body cameras for protection. But that's the problem if you get your 'facts' from The Sun, Daily Mail, GB News and politicians (Johnny Mercer and Sunak) they all have a clear agenda and so do the people who swallow and unquestioningly regurgitate these lies. - Edit: and then when the testimony of people who would actually know the truth is presented, insinuate without evidence that they are lying.

British Transport Police said: “We are aware that misleading information has been circulating in the mainstream media, which has understandably led to those who sell poppies being fearful for their safety at train stations. We want to reiterate that we have no reason to believe that those who sell poppies are at any risk or being intentionally targeted.

The Royal British Legion said there was no shortage of poppy sellers, with numbers up on last year, and poppy sales at all mainline stations. It said there had been no increase in reports about sellers being intimidated, abused or punched, and no volunteer had been asked by the charity to wear a body camera for their protection

Andy Taylor-Whyte, interim director of the Poppy Appeal, said supporters received a warm response from the public, with no significant concerns about abuse or intimidation. He said pro-Palestine protesters had been at Charing Cross last Saturday, which was the only incident he was aware of. He said: “It was a friendly sit-down. There was no intimidation. The volunteers didn’t feel threatened at all. And they continued to collect the following day.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
If there was ever any doubt about how odious Sue-Ellen Braverman is, her letter leaves it in no doubt. Anyone want this person as next leader of the Tory Party and possible PM?
The good news is that the Tory party implosion is now well under way and hopefully the pressure for a GE sooner rather than later will increase.

Reactions: 14
The good news is that the Tory party implosion is now well under way and hopefully the pressure for a GE sooner rather than later will increase.
It's utterly absurd for this current govrenment to continue. I feel like suing them at this point. Putin must be laughing his arse off. :cautious:

Reactions: 9
Braverman's letter is a bit of a giggle. Rishi isn't taking enough risk and isn't decisive enough. She took a risk with the statement on homelessness (or they both did) and the police stuff and it clearly ended in disaster. Perhaps it's a sign that her suggestions weren't very good to begin with?

Reactions: 11
I don’t think Rishi has any appetite to do anything - he’s a millionaire married to a billionaire, whatever happens in the country, whatever doesn’t get sorted (for want of a better word, like immigration, homelessness, cost of living), it will never affect him because he’s cushioned by so much money.

Reactions: 15
If there was ever any doubt about how odious Sue-Ellen Braverman is, her letter leaves it in no doubt. Anyone want this person as next leader of the Tory Party and possible PM?
If you really want a letter designed to give you a laugh have a look at the letter of no confidence written by Dame Andrea Jenkyns.
Incoherent babble at its finest.
1699984781208.jpeg

Personally I prefer this one. Succinct and to the point.
1699984831102.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don’t think Rishi has any appetite to do anything - he’s a millionaire married to a billionaire, whatever happens in the country, whatever doesn’t get sorted (for want of a better word, like immigration, homelessness, cost of living), it will never affect him because he’s cushioned by so much money.
It’ll fall to Starmer to sort this, people will expect more of a Labour government, the pressure will be double.

Reactions: 3

Watch to the end of the clip. None of our politicians are in it for anything except the money.
Not true. None of the top politicians are in it for anything but the money but there are a few hundred MPs from all parties that are genuine. We just don't hear about them because they are doing the job for the right reasons and have no interest in being Ministers.

Not true. None of the top politicians are in it for anything but the money but there are a few hundred MPs from all parties that are genuine. We just don't hear about them because they are doing the job for the right reasons and have no interest in being Ministers.
My husband said to me this afternoon 'are any of them in it for the right reasons?'

I tell you what Suella, if things were that bad before you got sacked, why didn't you resign and make your position clear? Is it because you wanted to be sacked to play the martyr? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 13
Hyperbole on my part but yes i guess there will be good people in the lower tiers. I'm just totally demoralised reading about all the lobbyists and donations going into Labour, it will be better than what we have had for 13 years but we should expect much better.

I typed 'deserve better' but Im not even sure of that anymore.

Reactions: 1
Jacob Rees Mogg agrees with Suella.

'Suella Braverman is right - the Prime Minister has repeatedly and manifestly not delivered on his promises.

'Tomorrow is a defining day for the question of the Rwanda policy... even if the Government wins tomorrow, owing to the Prime Minister's concessions, Rwanda deportations will be subject to months of appeals and legal challenges.

'Suella was willing to override the ECHR to get Rwanda done. She not only knew the public didn't want mass migration, but also that it has social and economic consequences.

'Sadly, this government no longer seems serious about solving illegal or even legal migration. If the government isn't careful this will be reflected in the next election.'

He said this on his GB News show. I was wondering is it common for politicians to have shows like this on news channels? I don’t remember it being done before but I might have missed some.

Reactions: 1
I didn't think I could hate anyone more than Jacob Rees Mogg but if someone asked me which one I'd like to slap more, it would be a touch choice between him and Suella.

I enjoyed this:

• Haha
LOL that letter is something you write after you've resigned, not when you've been fired.

You've only got to turn on your tv, as I just did, to partly understand why our political system is in such shambolic disarray. The level of commentary is utterly unfit for purpose. Luckily I use Tattle to get my infomation rather than these two useless c/nts: :cool:

Image3.jpg

Reactions: 2
The letter from Braverman is not so much revealing as confirmation of what many people already believed. Braverman was a disgrace to her office, a national liability, a hate monger, a vicious prejudiced ghoul who did nothing but harm. Sunak was prepared to tolerate and even encourage her simply to gain her support for his own venal purposes. Government and democracy are the last things at play here.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.