UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You wouldn't have thought Johnson's names could get more pretentious that the first four but somehow they have! Helen Macintyre's daughter gets off very lightly compared to her half-siblings!

Lara Lettice Johnson-Wheeler (b. 1993)
Milo Arthur Johnson (b. 1995)
Cassia Peaches Johnson (b. 1997)
Theodore Apollo Johnson (b. 1999)

Stephanie Macintyre (b. 2009)

Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson (b. 2020)
Romy Iris Charlotte Johnson (b. 2021)
Frank Alfred Odysseus Johnson (b. 2023)

(copied from Wiki)

(+ I presume an extra secret child or two along the way right?)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Rachel Riley gets an MBE for 'Holocaust Education' ... really? I thought she was just some really annoying woman on daytime tv. I've never heard her doing anything on Holocaust Education. In fact, when her mate Jimmy Carr made some 'joke' about 'Gypsies' during the Holocaust her silence was deafening. Surely there are more deserving people than Rachel Riley out there ffs? Rant over. :cautious:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Rachel Riley gets an MBE for 'Holocaust Education' ... really? I thought she was just some really annoying woman on daytime tv. I've never heard her doing anything on Holocaust Education. In fact, when her mate Jimmy Carr made some 'joke' about 'Gypsies' during the Holocaust her silence was deafening. Surely there are more deserving people than Rachel Riley out there ffs? Rant over. :cautious:
I don't know if it's deserving of an award but Riley in the past has been a pretty vocal presence on twitter against anti-semitism. I wouldn't be surprised if she's also involved in related projects. (Carr's comment was of course grim and she should have said something!)

I don't know if it's deserving of an award but Riley in the past has been a pretty vocal presence on twitter against anti-semitism. I wouldn't be surprised if she's also involved in related projects. (Carr's comment was of course grim and she should have said something!)
She's a bit like that other great advocate of highlighting anti-semetic abuse David Baddiel, who of course was only happy to do blackface for a comedy skit back in the day. :rolleyes: It's the hypocrisy that gets me down, that's all. Hopefully their real life persona's aren't as annoying as their on-screen persona's. I'm sure they are lovely, lovely people.

Reactions: 4
“Holocaust” as a term refers specifically to the extermination of European Jews during the Second World War & Holocaust educators never made a secret that as far as they are concerned, all other categories of millions of people who were murdered by Nazis (Romani, Slavs, gay, psychiatric patients, etc) were on their own if they wanted to commemorate their losses. Rachel Riley is entirely within her rights if she chooses to be active on the topic she relates to personally, and so is David Baddiel. Btw it’s “anti-semitic” not “anti-semetic”.
I hope this post was enough activity to get nominated for an MBE for 'Holocaust Education' :rolleyes:

I hope this post was enough activity to get nominated for an MBE for 'Holocaust Education' :rolleyes:
Apart from the pedantry regarding spelling, you might be considered. 😬 Try doing blackface and then lecturing others on racism ... that might tip the balance in your favour!

Anyway ... what's happening with this bleeping Osborne email, is it just malicious lies from a bitter aquaintance (I'm nervous about my spelling now) or is there any truth in it?

Reactions: 4
Rachel Riley is a thoroughly unpleasant, ignorant gobshite. The only thing she’s interested in raising awareness of is Rachel Riley.
She actually congratulated the British people on electing Boris Johnson as PM. The same Boris Johnson who has made numerous anti semitic and racist comments. twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Apart from the pedantry regarding spelling, you might be considered. 😬 Try doing blackface and then lecturing others on racism ... that might tip the balance in your favour!

Anyway ... what's happening with this bleeping Osborne email, is it just malicious lies from a bitter aquaintance (I'm nervous about my spelling now) or is there any truth in it?
Gideon Osborne is a bleep of the highest order and I think that many of the statements written in that email could well be true.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Right so now we know who the BBC presenter is, perhaps we can get back to some answers from Osborne, and also where the feck is Johnson's phone, hmm?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Did anyone watch Sir Keir's interview this morning? More insipid than inspiring. Still, maybe a boring relatively normal leader is just what we need. :unsure:

Reactions: 1
Did anyone watch Sir Keir's interview this morning? More insipid than inspiring. Still, maybe a boring relatively normal leader is just what we need. :unsure:
I assume that's his idea. But the issue is that it comes across like he doesn't actually intend to do anything at all.

Reactions: 1
Right so now we know who the BBC presenter is, perhaps we can get back to some answers from Osborne, and also where the feck is Johnson's phone, hmm?
I reckon it's tucked away at the back of Mad Nad's lingerie drawer..

Let's face it..an amateur hacker could break into that phone easily.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.