UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok. I feel slightly better about the repatriation flight thing. I still pronounce Kiev as Kee-ev though and not Keeve. I refuse to say chicken keeve. But I digress. :cautious:

Reactions: 1
Something really irritating me today, sort of politics related but more news related. Why does the news keep describing the people being flown home from Greece as 'repatriation flights'? They are just flights bringing people home. I've never said to anyone in my life: "I'm flying home tomorrow for repatriation". Sorry ... irrational irritation, I just had to get it out of my system. Fookin' newspeak. :LOL:
If we're talking about irritations I am sick of the number of people comparing holiday makers caught in an unusual situation to refugees.

The people of Greece giving out bottles of water and and and providing an evacuation centre for holidaymakers to hang out in is not the same bleeping thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Could be an interesting few days for the remaining board members at Nat West, who as late as yesterday evening were still formally announcing they still had full confidence in the loose lipped CEO.

Just got to hope the worldwide shame at the lack of customer confidentiality, and potential for record breaking mega millions in data protection fines, doesn't bring the whole lot tumbling down.

Politics because Farage.

So sick of this Farage shite.
The man is a showman and no mistake. Roll-up, roll-up. Like some kind of bloke from the Wild West era who rolled into town selling snake oil only to be run out of town 48hrs later when everyones hair fell-out. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The UK news is rinse and repeat isn't it. Strikes, Farage/Bank, Wildfires, Migration. There's no other news out there apparently.

Reactions: 4
The man is a showman and no mistake. Roll-up, roll-up. Like some kind of bloke from the Wild West era who rolled into town selling snake oil only to be run out of town 48hrs later when everyones hair fell-out. :rolleyes:
Except that he never is "run out of town". Instead the media and now apparently the Tory party fawn all over him like he's some kind of political heavyweight.
---
The UK news is rinse and repeat isn't it. Strikes, Farage/Bank, Wildfires, Migration. There's no other news out there apparently.
I've had to stop watching the news, reading Twitter etc. It's just too depressing watching the country and the world falling apart and apparently an increasing number of people being fine with it. From time to time I hit a 'there's no hope for humanity' rut and I'm in one right now.

Reactions: 5
I've had to stop watching the news, reading Twitter etc. It's just too depressing watching the country and the world falling apart and apparently an increasing number of people being fine with it. From time to time I hit a 'there's no hope for humanity' rut and I'm in one right now.
Yeah, just take a break from the meeja for a bit. I think the whole thing is designed to depress us so that we haven't the energy to revolt. Things aren't that bad. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Didn't know where to post this, but guess it's related to politics. Piers Corbyn at it again.

I didn't know much about Piers, apart from him being a covid conspiracy guy who claimed covid was a hoax basically. I found out he studied physics at Uni and then gained a masters in astrophysics. I was shocked at that, considering he seemed anti-science conspiracy theorist. The guy is very intelligent, so where did it go wrong? lol

I didn't know much about Piers, apart from him being a covid conspiracy guy who claimed covid was a hoax basically. I found out he studied physics at Uni and then gained a masters in astrophysics. I was shocked at that, considering he seemed anti-science conspiracy theorist. The guy is very intelligent, so where did it go wrong? lol
He's probably just bored. Best ignore him.

Reactions: 2
Ooh, I think you’re imbuing Nigel with qualities he sorely lacks.
Terry Thomas was sort of raffish and suave. Nigel is a racist, attention seeking, bile filled twit.
haha, yeah ...you're right. I was thinking more of the grifting side of things. 😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.