UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Comeback as what?

He's offski and will leave all his enablers looking silly and isolated albeit with empty gongs to brag about..His legacy is that corrupt Dishonours List nothing else.Sums up his " Government".

If I was Boris I would stay away from the Trump playbook ... it's not working out very well for Trump!!

God, I really hope he's gone for good and takes all his nutcase disciples with him.
---"
I heard someone this morning ( Chris Bryant I think ) say that if Johnson stands as a candidate and gets re-elected as an MP the sanctions would still be in place - presumably because he slunk off this time - which would mean a potential recall and a by election.

So what are the chances that Dawn Butler, who was sanctioned for calling Johnson a liar in the HoC will have it rescinded and the record corrected now that we know officially ( as if we didn’t know already ) that Johnson was indeed a liar?

Reactions: 4
Aaah.. Johnson spoke His Truth and believed wholeheartedly in the words which issued from his mouth so unbelievably unfair and incorrect to call him A (Serial) Liar. He is just far too intelligent so massively misunderstood by mere plebs.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Old Cummings has been quiet ... it's unnerving. Anyone know what he's up to these days?

Reactions: 5
Crying at this impression of Nadine Dorries 😭

So many corkers in this video:

- “Stop all the clocks, cut up the television, prevent the dog from doing… that *opens bottle of wine*”
- “That snake traitor channel BBC!”
- “Most trusted condiment”
- “The former *😡for-now😡* Prime Minister”

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Even Camilla Tominey had to laugh when she asked Mogg if he thought he'd get a knighthood by backing Boris and he said with a straight face "Oh no, it had never occured to me". King Arthur would be spinning on his table.
---
Farage having a wet dream about teaming-up with Boris. Any suggestions where I can emmigrate to? I've been thinking about buying a run down pile in Sicilly for 5 quid.

Last edited:
A Police Scotland statement said: "A 52-year-old woman has today, Sunday, 11 June, 2023, been arrested as a suspect in connection with the ongoing investigation into the funding and finances of the Scottish National Party."
The fact that it's so vague is so amusing to me

Reactions: 3
I don’t think they say much until there’s actually charges being brought…Although going out of their way to arrest her on a Sunday would suggest they’ve gathered enough on her?
---

Last edited:
I don’t think they say much until there’s actually charges being brought…Although going out of their way to arrest her on a Sunday would suggest they’ve gathered enough on her?
---
The BBC article quotes her spokeswoman, and I can't tell if 'by arrangement with Police Scotland' means she agreed in advance to the arrest today or if it's just PR bullshit for 'she didn't argue when they came to arrest her' 😅
The spokeswoman said: "Nicola Sturgeon has today, Sunday 11 June, by arrangement with Police Scotland, attended an interview where she was to be arrested and questioned in relation to Operation Branchform.
"Nicola has consistently said she would cooperate with the investigation if asked and continues to do so."

The BBC article quotes her spokeswoman, and I can't tell if 'by arrangement with Police Scotland' means she agreed in advance to the arrest today or if it's just PR bullshit for 'she didn't argue when they came to arrest her' 😅

Looks like she had no choice in the matter there must be charges pending .I don’t think they arrest you for questioning unless they’ve got evidence of wrongdoing?? She would be under caution wouldn’t she? They didn’t arrest her husband, did they?

Looks like she had no choice in the matter there must be charges pending .I don’t think they arrest you for questioning unless they’ve got evidence of wrongdoing?? She would be under caution wouldn’t she? They didn’t arrest her husband, did they?
Yeah I think you're right!

Apparently they arrested then released him back in April around the time of the front garden digging-up (per the BBC?)

arrested 5th april, released without charge 7th april

if this is about misspending donations meant for the independence campaign, what's the caravan got to do with it? is it also a bit convenient that she announced two days ago that she's only just passed her driving theory too?

Yeah I think you're right!

Apparently they arrested then released him back in April around the time of the front garden digging-up (per the BBC?)
I can’t really remember, I thought they only brought him in for questioning then released him pending further enquiries? Looks like it official with her , maybe she’ll make a press statement later.
---

arrested 5th april, released without charge 7th april

if this is about misspending donations meant for the independence campaign, what's the caravan got to do with it? is it also a bit convenient that she announced two days ago that she's only just passed her driving theory too?
I’ve only skimmed the news stories but I think there was a very expensive motor home under investigation ,maybe that was one of the purchases from the missing money?
---
Meanwhile…
IMG_5690.jpeg

Last edited:
Isn't she the first Leader of a party in uk arrested? Since Jeremy Thorpe?

ETA. She's been released without charge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.