UK Politics #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
well i guess i'm not a self respecting woman ... lol

btw in no way trying to have a debate about trans rights but someone with a penis calling themselves a woman doesn't make me feel like less of a woman. i can understand why someone else would feel differently though.

the lib dems are looking more appealing since starmer finally admitted to being tory lite. i'm in a labour stronghold though so it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference

Reactions: 3
btw in no way trying to have a debate about trans rights but someone with a penis calling themselves a woman doesn't make me feel like less of a woman. i can understand why someone else would feel differently though.
I think this is where the difficulty lies because politicians don’t wish to really talk about the true issues with men identifying as women and vice a versa because they don’t wish to have a trans debate. But unfortunately there are real problems with having men in women’s and girls spaces but if you say that you’re called a terf, a bigot, threatened verbally and physically, sent death threats or have your livelihood threaten.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I have a skeptical attitude towards the Lib Dems because of this coalition...
View attachment 2193120
absolutely agree! gonna be in debt for 30 years at least bc of this spineless little man

the anti trans stuff is going way too far though imo, when you've got nick fletcher waging a war on the english language (pronouns) and ron desantis making it legal for florida as a state to essentially kidnap trans kids from their own parents bc they're allowing them to express an identity that isn't cis is insane.

this tweet thread spells out just how little these people know about the 'problem' of pronouns 🥴

Reactions: 2
This is shameful

Yeah it really is. Wtf are Labour thinking? I cannot understand how anyone can read an account of what he did and think “yeah we want that guy in our club”, nah that is not right at all. Dyer gave a statement and was much more credible than Coyle. Much more, by orders of magnitude. This is a really really bad move from Labour. Why not just, I don’t know, select someone for Bermondsey who doesn’t harbour racist attitudes towards Chinese people? (Or, you know, anyone.) And who doesn’t sexually harass women? It can’t be impossible to find a candidate for the seat who’s not a nasty bigoted chauvinistic drunk, surely?

(Edit, actually I know some bloody lovely people who live in Bermondsey, with strong moral codes and beliefs in equality and justice, and some of them are even members of the Labour Party, so yeah actually it’s definitely not impossible. Fucksake Labour. Lab HQ/NEC should reverse this appalling decision, admit it was massively the wrong call, and select a good person to be the Labour parliamentary candidate instead.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
the anti trans stuff is going way too far though imo, when you've got nick fletcher waging a war on the english language (pronouns) and ron desantis making it legal for florida as a state to essentially kidnap trans kids from their own parents bc they're allowing them to express an identity that isn't cis is insane.

this tweet thread spells out just how little these people know about the 'problem' of pronouns 🥴
Nick Fletcher’s comments about taking pronouns out of schools, whilst worded awkwardly, I believe refers to the teachers who have lost their jobs by referring to students as ‘ladies’ or ‘girls’. That’s a bloody ridiculous reason to be sacked over.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Net migration figures for 2022 was 606,000. Lower than previously touted. Out of 1.2m that came to the country in 2022, nearly a million came from non-EU countries. Around a quarter came for work purposes, predominantly skilled work. Around 4 in 10 of those came for study. 557,000 left the country. Non-EU students starting to leave, as well as EU workers. That's what i gather anyway. I was listening to this via a migration expert on the radio, so hopefully what I've relayed is correct.

Reactions: 1
Hopefully not Johnson after being told he has to pay his own defence lol

---
Can’t believe how lax they are around that car surprised ATO weren’t on the scene.

Last edited:
Labour are still banging on about a "Tory premium" on mortgages. I despair. It's been 6 months trying to get this line to stick, it hasn't and it's totally dishonest as mortgage rates across the whole of Europe have been increasing at a similar rate.

I struggle to see much difference between the two main parties. I think we'd be in this position regardless.

The problem is not that people are paying too much for mortgages but that many took long term debt based on interest rates being held artificially low and didn't imagine they'd ever increase. How is Sir Keir going to save them now? What can he do?

Not honest about the problems and no solutions.

I was watching something this morning with politicians on and it reminded me of how they only answer the part of the question that suits them.
So when the public ask why do we have to pay for the clean up of the sewage released by the water companies into the environment, the politician started waffling on about the public don't have to pay for the fines..........made me laugh when a few minutes later Martin Lewis said she was talking a load of tit. 😄😄
I sometimes think Martin is simmering and will eventually explode massively. 😲

Reactions: 7
Just as I predicted, as soon as they've squeezed all the outrage out of blaming asylum seekers the Tories move on to the next target.

The Daily Telegraph has produced a calculator so that 'we' can see just how much people on disability benefits are costing 'us'. Of course they are the reason why the tax burden is so high

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Just as I predicted, as soon as they've squeezed all the outrage out of blaming asylum seekers the Tories move on to the next target.

The Daily Telegraph has produced a calculator so that 'we' can see just how much people on disability benefits are costing 'us'. Of course they are the reason why the tax burden is so high

What in the eugenics....?

Now let's do one for MP expenses!

Reactions: 4
Excuse me while I have a rant, but I'm becoming more and more exasperated about the illegal boats coming to the UK. The migrants won't stay elsewhere in Europe because they know that we're a soft touch.

The most recent item I've read this morning is that they're sleeping on pavements protesting at the accommodation offered to them. This country needs to get a grip now. They talk about doing this and that, but migrants know nothing's happening, and they are now making demands once they arrive here. When is it going to end?

Excuse me while I have a rant, but I'm becoming more and more exasperated about the illegal boats coming to the UK. The migrants won't stay elsewhere in Europe because they know that we're a soft touch.

The most recent item I've read this morning is that they're sleeping on pavements protesting at the accommodation offered to them. This country needs to get a grip now. They talk about doing this and that, but migrants know nothing's happening, and they are now making demands once they arrive here. When is it going to end?

IMG_5360.jpeg

To be honest if the Express said the sky was blue I would look outside to check.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.