Two doors down

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christine makes it. I cried at this years Christmas special. I also DO miss Cathy, the mad alcoholic 🤣 Eric reminds me of my uncle so much, so wholesome 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Cathy was fine originally but post pandemic she seemed to get more nasty and vindictive that it kind of wasn't funny anymore. It's a shame as her and Colin were a particular type of couple that I think many of us recognise. I can't say I've ever come across an Anne Marie before

Colin on his own would be better, or just have a constant changing of girlfriends with different personality types

Reactions: 11
I thought the Christmas Special was lovely. There was just something very warm and wholesome about it. I think the cafe setting made it more atmospheric and Christmassy. Admittedly, there wasn’t an awful lot of comedy other than some of Christine’s amazing clangers. I think some characters felt quite withdrawn during the episode I felt. From what I recall, Colin didn’t have an awful lot to say which is unusual, and Anne Marie just seemed very quiet. I don’t think she’s been a good addition so far. I think it would’ve been good if Series 6 saw Colin go on several dates, and whichever girlfriend of his was the most positively received amongst the audience would’ve become his new companion. I hope Cathy returns in the future, but considering Sophie and Jazz both haven’t made an appearance since their abrupt departures, I’m not holding out much hope.

Reactions: 5
The ending got me! 😭😭

I’d love Sophie to come back for Ian and Gordon’s wedding.

I feel the writers missed a trick. Every episode should have had a new date from Tinder. I think that could have added a better story.

Reactions: 7
Christine is in the new Martin compson drama 'Mayflies' on iplayer or starts tonight on bbc1. Very different role

Reactions: 4
This sounds good I'll have to watch
Be warned, could be quite triggering. It's very good though, although maybe odd for the festive period.

Christine isn't in jt as much as I thought she would be. More cameo appearance as a characters mum

Reactions: 2
I really hope we don't lose Kieran as Gordon before we get ian and gordons wedding. Having watched Prince Andrew the musical which he wrote and starred in you can see what a massive talent he is and I think this will have a positive impact on his career

Reactions: 7
Am I the only one that finds Ian really annnoying? Honestly we could lose him and I wouldn’t be bothered, as long as we keep Gordon!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Am I the only one that finds Ian really annnoying? Honestly we could lose him and I wouldn’t be bothered, as long as we keep Gordon!
Agree. He's totally benign. Wouldn't miss him.

Anyone wonder if the new couple that featured in the Doughnuts episode will appear again?

Reactions: 3
Ahh I love Ian, his faces are great. He is the straight guy (so to speak) amongst the chaos

Reactions: 1
I think they've introduced to many new characters all in one go. Shame Pat at the back is dead eould have loved her to be on the show

Reactions: 6
The only couple I think could have worked is the couple that Colin and Kathy met on holiday. That was a good episode and they seemed funny with good potential

The guy who played the husband is in Treason on Netflix

Reactions: 4
There’s a clip of him as a child on Michael Barrymore back in the day and comes across as a wee pain in the arse 😂

Just watched the Christmas special, Christine is just hilarious. I did shed a wee tear though at the end it just got me. I enjoyed it but not a fan of Anne-Marie

I hope the doughnut couple don’t come back.

The actor that plays Ian worked at my old work. Never met Him but he was always telling people he was on Still Game. I’ve never watched it so it didn’t mean anything to me.

Reactions: 6
The ending got me! 😭😭

I’d love Sophie to come back for Ian and Gordon’s wedding.

I feel the writers missed a trick. Every episode should have had a new date from Tinder. I think that could have added a better story.
You're right i think there's so much they could have done with Cathy leaving. An episode of them helping Colin get rid of all Cathy's stuff😂 Christine would be in her element - the ultimate rumage!! Going through all her expensive clothes etc. Only to find out all her stuff was fakes😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17