Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Really devastating news tonight... the co-creator and co-writer of every single episode, Simon Carlyle, has died aged 47.

You have to wonder what this means for the future of the series.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Don’tStart

VIP Member
It’s been renewed for a seventh season AND is being promoted to BBC One. Brilliant news.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Sketchy

VIP Member
I only just discovered this gem of a programme a few weeks ago and I’m hooked!

I love how cosy and comforting it is, I rather like that it’s quite prosaic and follows much the same theme each episode. My favourite episodes are the ones set in Beth and Eric’s front room and everyone’s round. I’d love to sit on the couch with a coffee and sponge listening to Christine’s remarks 😂
I'm very envious of you having all those episodes to catch up on, never having watched them before. You're in for a real treat!

Christine's scathing, caustic remarks and one-liners make me laugh out loud - I often rewind just to hear them again. Elaine C Smith is the perfect choice for Christine's character, she's such a good actor - I'm old enough to remember her as Rab C Nesbitt's wife, Mary (doll) in the late 80s/90s. She's my favourite character in 2 Doors Down.

Enjoy! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 19

DrLoomis

Series 7 will launch on 24th November at 9.30pm on BBC1!

"Over at Colin's house, the neighbours are gathered for a surprise birthday party for Anne Marie. But when the doorbell goes, it's Colin who gets the big surprise."

There will also be a Christmas special again this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

DrLoomis

Series 6 is due to kick off on November 9th at 10pm!

"Macaroni" 1/6
"Colin is vulnerable after being unceremoniously dumped. Beth and Eric are doing their best, but conversation is already strained when Christine steams in demanding gory details."

• Wow
Reactions: 18

Muchbee

VIP Member
The ending got me! 😭😭

I’d love Sophie to come back for Ian and Gordon’s wedding.

I feel the writers missed a trick. Every episode should have had a new date from Tinder. I think that could have added a better story.
You're right i think there's so much they could have done with Cathy leaving. An episode of them helping Colin get rid of all Cathy's stuff😂 Christine would be in her element - the ultimate rumage!! Going through all her expensive clothes etc. Only to find out all her stuff was fakes😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

pinksunsetx91

VIP Member
On a rewatch and Christine really does have some belting one liners. On the fucking Pompeii episode between that line and saying her insurance is with Churchill he better start fucking nodding when he sees her claim 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I live for Christine and her one liners; best one I can remember is when they went to the coffee shop and Beth suggested sitting on stools and she retorts; 'we're neh fucking Westlife, I'm not sitting on those'. She has me howling.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Asgyui

VIP Member
They should do an hour special episode for Ian and Gordans wedding, bring back Sophie and have Jaz feature.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

DrLoomis

Two Doors Down returns on July 12th with the remaining three episodes of Series 5, starting with "Brother Michael"
"Alan’s brother is getting married, and he’s the best man, although it turns out nobody has any confidence in his abilities to do anything other than order two puddings at the meal."

According to Arabella Weir on Twitter there is a Series 6 which has also been filmed and will be broadcast later this year as well.

Can't wait!!!

Reactions: 15

PamDoove

I only just discovered this gem of a programme a few weeks ago and I’m hooked!

I love how cosy and comforting it is, I rather like that it’s quite prosaic and follows much the same theme each episode. My favourite episodes are the ones set in Beth and Eric’s front room and everyone’s round. I’d love to sit on the couch with a coffee and sponge listening to Christine’s remarks 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Ginger drink

Chatty Member
Filming has started for series 5. Elaine C Smith hinted there's also going to be a Christmas special 🎅🎄❤

• Heart

Don’tStart

VIP Member
CATHY’S COMING BACK!

---
Also, the actress who played Sophie is now starring in the upcoming Barbie movie 😳

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

instasham13

Chatty Member
I'd love an episode where Cathy has to get a job due to cost of living crisis as Colin was made redundant or something and she ends up working in a supermarket. Could time it with Christine coming in to do her food shop with Beth. Seeing her trying to work and get along with her colleagues would be funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

DrLoomis

Here is the full episode list for Series 6 plus their synopsis. It has also is confirmed that all episodes will be available on the Iplayer on Wednesday.

Macaroni: Colin's separation from Cathy has left him bereft and vulnerable, and Beth and Eric's attempts to keep the tone sympathetic, the conversation already awkward, are disturbed by Christine's insistence for the gory details.

Alan's Boot: An accident leads Alan to be propped up on the sofa with his foot in a boot, with some neighbourly doting subbing in for an absent Michelle, and Colin eager to inform everyone about his escapades with online dating.

Dinner for Seven: Colin hosts a dinner party to introduce everyone to his new partner, Anne Marie, but they're a little startled by how much she throws herself into the festivities.

Christine 69: The celebrations at Christine's 69th birthday party turn sour when the topic of funerals comes up and starts to weigh heavy on her mind.

Aussie Holiday: Ian and Gordon's friends, Morven and Lin, turn up with them to the Bairds as they prepare for a trip to Australia, and their differences in their approach to packing begin to grate on each other.

Garden Party: A spell of hot weather sees the usual assemblage of neighbours in the Bairds' front room in the back garden instead, where the attempts to enjoy the sun are undermined by critiques over the state of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13