Two doors down

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I'm in the minority but I really didn't think much of the new series, and rewatching the early series makes it even more obvious for me

Reactions: 2
I’ve binged watched this show for the past few days, and have just finished it today, and I have to same I’m devastated there aren’t any new episodes for me to watch, as I’ve absolutely fallen in love with this show.

I love the simplicity of it. Just some neighbours popping by each other’s houses, talking shite and then something ends up going tits up, typically due to Cathy have one too many to drink or due to Christine’s lack of self-awareness. It has a formula which works, and never gets repetitive. In that sense it’s reminiscent of vintage comedies of the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s. It reminds me of when I visited my nan’s, as a teenager and all the relatives would pop along throughout the day, and we’d all end up talking crap and someone would say or do something utterly ridiculous 😂.

Some of my favourite episodes so far, have got to be when Christine’s ceiling collapses and they all end up having a sleepover at Beth’s house, and then the ceiling collapses in on Christine again when she’s on the air bed 🤣, when Gordon’s parents come for a visit and they all end up arguing over the Scottish Independence Referendum result and Cathy starts telling everyone to piss off and calls Eric a “boring bastard” 😭, Michelle and Alan’s introduction where Cathy tries to bulldoze their front porch due to her jealousy of Michelle overcoming him, and their housewarming where Cathy gets slapped by Michelle’s friend, and when they all sit down to have a veggie curry and Christine’s got food poisoning, everyone starts slagging Gordon off and Colin orders an Indian takeaway.

Some of my favourite one liners have got be the likes of Christine describing her experience of laying the patio and said Sophie was wheeling patio slabs back and forth “like Fred bleeping West” 🤣🤣, and when Cathy called Eric a boring bastard, and when Beth makes fudge for Colin’s father and Christine takes a bite and says “it’s bleeping tremendous!😂. It’s the accent that makes it all the better.

I’m gutted Cathy isn’t in series 6. I loved her defensiveness whenever she had a drink. However, I’m glad they didn’t try to make Ann-Marie Cathy 2.0 like they did Gordon with Jazz. On the subject of Ann-Marie, I didn’t really get what they were trying to do with her. I didn’t find her insistence on conforming to female stereotypes by constantly cooking and cleaning very entertaining or endearing, and the fact she brought up Jackson’s vasectomy every five minutes meant the joke became very stale, very quickly. I hope she doesn’t come back for the next series and either Colin gets a new girlfriend or decides to reconcile with Cathy.

I think this will become one of my comfort series’ to go back and rewatch, every so often, from now on.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm hoping they do a new Christmas special this year watched a the previous ones last night so funny

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh interesting! Can't wait

Just need a series 7 confirmation. I don't want go not have gordon and Ian wedding

Yes please! Do you think the wedding will go ahead? I always think Ian isn't totally convinced on Gordon.

Reactions: 6
Spotted a continuity error, first episode opens with Colin and eric in pub chatting and one joke is about colins dad dying due to poor diet. Then few seasons later his dad appears for whole episode haha

Reactions: 6
Spotted a continuity error, first episode opens with Colin and eric in pub chatting and one joke is about colins dad dying due to poor diet. Then few seasons later his dad appears for whole episode haha
I love spotting little errors the one I noticed was I believe in the first or one of the first few episodes where Michelle and Alan first come along she says he’s at home putting the tv on the wall (or something along those lines) but in another episode in their home their tv is on a stand🤣 was proud of myself for spotting it hahaha

Reactions: 4
I know I'm in the minority but I really didn't think much of the new series, and rewatching the early series makes it even more obvious for me
I agree with that. A couple of the episodes were good but some were garbage imo. The one with Christine’s birthday springs to mind.

Reactions: 1
I agree with that. A couple of the episodes were good but some were garbage imo. The one with Christine’s birthday springs to mind.
Yeah I've just rewatched from the beginning and the last two series don't hold up as much. But both series have at least a couple that are fun

Not sure if this has already been posted but just read that this years Xmas special is on 23rd December on BBC1 @ 10pm

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This year’s Christmas special was great. Loved the Westlife on stools line. And may have even had a wee tear in my eye at that ending

Reactions: 10
The westlife line was prob the best. I had a cry at it too but still
Felt it was lacking something for a Christmas special

I see what they were doing with it but think it fell a bit flat wasn't alot of comedy in it bit disappointing

I thought it was great. A few laugh out loud moments, a teary lump in the throat at the ending.

Me and my daughter love two doors down, but we both agree the older episodes were the best. I've recorded the new Christmas episode so we can watch it together when she comes over. I love Christine and always say I want to be just like her when I grow up. I'm nearly 50 🤣

Reactions: 4
I quite enjoyed the Christmas special. Was it as good as previous episodes? No, but it was still enjoyable and I did shed a tear or two

• Heart