Two doors down

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I agree. Cathy it can survive without (although needed a better replacement) but I don't think it could survive without Christine.

Reactions: 9
Or when the ceiling fell down on her "it wis like f*cking pompeii" ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚
My absolute favourite line in the whole 6 series so far !! She is so funny !!

Iโ€™ll put it behind a spoiler so that no one moans, but Colin is (briefly) in the latest series of Guilt on BBC.
He gets thrown off the top floor of a high rise block of flats

At some points in TDD I could have happily watched him meet his end the same way :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Colin without Cathy is really unlikeable. He wasnโ€™t Mr Popular before it I donโ€™t think, but with Ann Marie I just donโ€™t like him.

I think Michelle and Alan came into their own in the last season. Especially Alan.

Itโ€™s funny I used to like Ian and now I canโ€™t stand him. I want Gordon to stay but get rid of Ian๐Ÿคฃ

Reactions: 6
I really didn't like Cathy in the Girls Night episode. She was so 'off' and unfriendly, she must have sighed and rolled her eyes a hundred times. She had no funny lines at all. Nor did Michelle have to force her into a cuddle, it just made her worse. That episode was Cathy's lamest - no one liners at all. Then she compounded that with the Holiday Friends one where she was a total objectionable mare.

If she comes back she needs to come back a lot funnier, and not so bitchy.

She can still be a cow, but a funny cow....!

Reactions: 5
Does anyone remember the original pilot episode set around hogmanay? where Beth and Eric had another son called Angus and ian was played by a different actor and Beth had a sister called Caroline who is like Cathy?
I think it's still on sky demand if anyone is interested

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Does anyone remember the original pilot episode set around hogmanay? where Beth and Eric had another son called Angus and ian was played by a different actor and Beth had a sister called Caroline who is like Cathy?
Yes it's on the series 1 dvd too.

I watched if at the time and loved it. But then didn't realise until a few years ago that they had made a series of it.

I really like Ian, but had been a fan of the original actor (he has done loads of roles). Was gutted when he was jailed for sex crimes or assault (something like that)

Reactions: 4
It was Daniella Nardini who played Beth's sister I think, and Beth & Eric's son was home from the army. Is that right?

I discovered TDD half way through series one so backtracked to the pilot, which was probably a bad idea as it didn't compare to the series one cast and storyline.

Reactions: 6
Christine is brilliant. I donโ€™t think the show would survive without her!
She has the best one liners ever.
Although I do love Eric's 'it's like a Bangkok whorehouse' comment when they're invited round to see Cathy and Colin's new hot tub ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

I was happy initially that Cathy went, I thought the first couple of episodes of the last series with Colin on his own were pretty good. But I couldn't take to Anne Marie at all. Not sure that I want Cathy back, but am happy not to have any more Anne Marie!

I'd love Sophie to return though.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Glad to hear that Cathy is coming back. It hasn't been the same without her. I would love to see Series 7 build up to Ian and Gordon's wedding. I can imagine a fairly chaotic episode with their stag nights. Plus it could open the door for Sophie to make a comeback just for one episode.

I wonder if we will get to see Cathy's initial return on screen? I would love to hear Christine's reaction. "Oh, look who it is, the shite that doesn't flush and keeps coming back!"

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She has the best one liners ever.
I just crack up even with daft things like when sheโ€™s offered a drink and acts like she doesnโ€™t want an alcoholic one, then sheโ€™s like โ€œAh duck ITโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
I live for Christine and her one liners; best one I can remember is when they went to the coffee shop and Beth suggested sitting on stools and she retorts; 'we're neh bleeping Westlife, I'm not sitting on those'. She has me howling.
I went to Glasgow last year and met up with my cousin I hadnโ€™t seen for years. We arranged to meet in a Starbucks and I was sitting on a stool looking out of the window waiting for her.
She walked in, looked at me and said โ€œare we f****** Westlife?โ€
We both burst out laughing and the missing years fell away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I was just thinking about this the other day!
Seem to think it was a different house too

The original Ian was much better written; he had a bit of spark about him, unlike the absolute wet lettuce from the series.

I thought when Cath left they might bring Caroline in as a replacement - maybe sheโ€™ll be at the wedding?!

Yeah although I like the current Ian, the original was definitely more outgoing. The original BF though was very wet and annoying and seemed a mismatch

Reactions: 4
Doing cartwheels at TDD coming back I just love this programme cannot wait, hope I can binge watch them all in one go :LOL: ...

I live for Christine and her one liners; best one I can remember is when they went to the coffee shop and Beth suggested sitting on stools and she retorts; 'we're neh bleeping Westlife, I'm not sitting on those'. She has me howling.
I actually read this and in my mind heard it in her accent ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
---
It was Daniella Nardini who played Beth's sister I think, and Beth & Eric's son was home from the army. Is that right?

I discovered TDD half way through series one so backtracked to the pilot, which was probably a bad idea as it didn't compare to the series one cast and storyline.
Is the pilot on iplayer ?