TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The walking dead. I enjoyed the first series started watching the second and just became bored with it.
Yeah, like many I gave up on it, too. What's funny is that it really got good for me when David Morrisey came into it. He was fantastic. Think it was Season 4. I thought it peaked with his character and then went downhill after his departure.

Preacher. Loved it at first but it just didn’t hold my attention.

Same with Lost, loved season 1 and then it was just so all over the place I gave up.

Reactions: 1
I got up to Negan's season with The Walking Dead. It was something I watched with my kids. I just got so bored. Told my kids I wasn't bothering any more LOL
They watched for I think another season or two but they haven't watched for a while either.

I might just watch the last season when it finishes because I'm curious to see how they 'end' it. But I'll probably end up watching the last episode only. And I'll probably have no idea whats happening as I've not watched in that long 😅

My sister kept nagging me to watch The Fall on Netflix, even Gillian Anderson can’t keep me interested. It’s like the writer swallowed a load of serial killer books and shat this script out, my husband keeps asking things like why’s he doing that and I’m telling him because it’s ‘classic’ serial killer behaviour, down to the point where it doesn’t really make sense on screen because you already know it’s him.
I loved killing eve s1, didn’t enjoy 2, and haven’t been near since.
Watched an ep of got but couldn’t get into it and same with peaky blinders

Reactions: 2
Controversial but Sex Education, I watched one episode but didn't like it, it was just very lame. Maybe I'm being harsh though as I know a lot of people love it, I'm just not in a rush to watch another episode.

Also I'm still watching Killing Eve but it's getting very tempting to bail on it, the last season was really meh, especially the final episode. Literally all I remember from it is Eve and Villanelle dancing.

Another one is The Queen's Gambit, it's well made and everything but I just can't bring myself to care about a girl who plays chess 🤷‍♀️

I didn't watch After Life after season one. Didn't hear great things about season two and I just wasn't interested.

Also Homeland, I loved it until
Brody died
, then just lost interest. I might give it another chance eventually though.

Reactions: 2
The Walking Dead - Managed to sit through to the end of season 7. It had bec9me so aimless with no end in sight. The same plots on rinse and repeat.

Supernatural - Loved the first 5 seasons. Think that's when the writers changed, though. Watched through season 6-8 out of habit. Endless angels & demons tit. Sam & Dean constantly getting possessed or dying and being brought back to life. Also, you can't get any bigger than God & the devil so there was nowhere to go after that.

Killing Eve - Watched till the end of season 2, no interest to continue. The character of Eve really started to annoy me carrying on like a lovesick idiot.

Once Upon a Time - Fab first season then lost the plot halfway through season 2. Another show on rinse and repeat. The same characters in the same dilemmas over and over again.

It's interesting people mentioning My Name is Earl. This would have been a perfect limited series as it had such a specific plot. Nowhere to go once they concluded the list.

Did any used to watch Without a Trace? The American missing persons drama? Really excellent for about three seasons then the writers thought it was a good idea to start focusing on the teams personal lives. Became pants.

Also, anyone remember the comedy/drama Boston Legal? William Shatner was a revelation in it. Started with really funny/absurd court cases then became unbearably preachy and just a soapbox for the writer's political views. Also, loads of random, unexplained character changes.
I loved Without A Trace and never minded the episodes that focused on the characters’ personal lives. I got very good at working out who the culprit was though!

Gave up halfway through Inventing Anna. Story just taking so long to develop, could have been done in half the time.

Reactions: 6
Peaky Blinders 20 minutes in and I couldn’t see the appeal in it.
Walking Dead season 10, it’s just run out of steam. Also killing Coral was dumb

Reactions: 3
Am going to give the new Vikings a go on Netflix. Everyone seemed to love the original series but I just couldn’t get into it properly

Think I'm going to bail on Dirk Gently. Two episodes in, but I find reasons to not watch further.