Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fanaff

VIP Member
Controversial as everyone raves about how funny it is but I watched a few episodes and thought it was terrible...Schitts Creek

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

Hairraiser

VIP Member
The walking dead

I’m not the first person to say this either. There’s way too many series and not a lot really happening...

• Wow
Reactions: 57

abccc_

Chatty Member
Peaky Blinders - gave it a go as there was SO much hype around it, but I only lasted a few episodes. Could not get into it at all

Reactions: 44

Warpaint

VIP Member
Handmaid's Tale - I did get a good few seasons out of this however there was one series finale where I just lost interest. I think it was either season 2 or 3.

Orange Is The New Black - I think this had about 2 great seasons but lost it way after that. I clung on out of loyalty for a bit but gave up in the end

Superstore - Wanted to like this but just couldn't get past a few episodes

Killing Eve - A good start but was over it by the end of series 2

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Watched the first season but when starting season 2 realised I just didn't care enough

Last edited:
Reactions: 29

Luce0331

VIP Member
Agree with everyone saying Killing Eve, thought the first season was so brilliant but second season was crap and couldn’t even finish the third, shame really

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Bluelipstick

VIP Member
Breaking Bad. I gave up after three series years ago. My partner convinced me to give it another go during lockdown and I actually loved it but it still took me a little while to get into
Breaking bad is a slow burner but it’s brilliant

Reactions: 16

abccc_

Chatty Member
Who remembers Lost?! First two seasons were great, then it just got ridiculous and I gave up

Reactions: 15

Moth

VIP Member
Game of Thrones (had to google it because I couldn't even remember the name) everyone I know raved about it but I could NEVER get in to it. I think I only watched about 10 minutes in total
Well at least you gave it a good try!

• Haha
Reactions: 13

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Stranger Things - Was sold to me as “the new Twin Peaks”. I thought it was very average and was appalled at how low Winona Ryder’s acting had fallen from what I remembered of her in films. Didn’t bother with the second series.

Orange is the new black - just got boring and same old.

Glee - first series was good, really enjoyed the second, the third was flimsy and gave up by the fourth.

Controversial as everyone raves about how funny it is but I watched a few episodes and thought it was terrible...Schitts Creek
I’ve found my person! I don’t get this show either. I saw some random episodes and thought it was awful so I sought out the first episodes and watched them in order in case you had to watch it in order to “get” it. Well l, I did, and I didn’t. EVERYONE says how good it is and I just don’t see it 🤷🏽‍♂️

I should add I also gave up on several series of American Horror Story half way through but as that show “resets” every series, I always come back to it.

Reactions: 13

Warpaint

VIP Member
Peaky Blinders - gave it a go as there was SO much hype around it, but I only lasted a few episodes. Could not get into it at all
Ah yes, bailed on this as well. People were raving about it and telling me to watch it but wasn't feeling it after about 4 episodes. Just had something missing for me, don't know what.

Reactions: 10

LittleMy

VIP Member
Bodies - just couldn’t get into it despite it being recommended to me by family members.

Bridgerton - struggled just to get through the first season, didn’t bother with the rest.

The Handmaid’s Tale - watched every season except the latest one. It went on too long and I was sick of Elisabeth Moss’s face glaring into the screen at the end of most episodes 😴

• Haha

Veronica

Chatty Member
I gave up killing eve too.

Breaking bad

I almost gave up on The Serpent I absolutely hated it it was so so boring!

Lynno77

After the Flood. ITV dramas are so far fetched.

Also I haven't been able to stick out any of the Harlan Coben adaptations on Netflix. Love his books, but those dramas are shit!

LittleMissMuffet

Chatty Member
I think I’m very much in the minority but Fleabag. I watched one and a half episodes and I just couldn’t see what everyone was raving about. 🤷🏼‍♀️

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Same. I will persist a little longer.
I think I might have said it on this thread before but I think other people badly mis-sell Schitts Creek. It’s not a laugh a minute comedy, more a story about a family with some funny bits. I’m now watching it for a second time and do laugh out loud because I know and have come to love the characters. But people saying ItS So FuNnY at the start nearly put me off because I was like.. where? They’re all awful people 😂 but they do redeem themselves eventually.

Reactions: 9

Pinkii

VIP Member
I’ve also given up with Sex Ed, it was always a bit woke but felt like it was too much in the new series.

No offence to anyone but sick of having a non binary/transgender person shoehorned into every series these days

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Another one who only watched season 1 of killing eve.

You (on netflix) - it started to make me squirm, not in a good way, and I was just uncomfortable watching it.

Stranger things - watched a few episodes and just didn’t really get it.

Line of Duty - just didn’t draw me in at all.

Handmaid's Tale - similar to You, it started to make me squirm a bit and I just didn’t want to watch anymore. Think I watched up to halfway through season 2

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I tried watching the programme on Netflix about the murdered French woman in Ireland, Sophie. I couldn't get through the first episode, there's so much flannel and floss stretching out the story that I end up not caring. I usually find these kind of programmes an interesting watch and I'm keen to know what happened, the background, the investigation etc but I just felt they were teasing info which they'd reveal later and interviewing every man and his dog who knew her or lived in the town! I'll go read the Wikipedia page rather than sit through 3 hours of that.