TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I had a quid for every time someone said you have to keep going then I swear I could have a night out. That's not a sign of a good show, where you have to trawl through a pile of crap to get to something good. I hated every character and it seemed really amateur. So, the Mum and spoilt kids would end up turning into rounded characters and they would make the town their home? who cares?
This is so true. I ended up watching the whole thing and yes there is a mostly charming character trajectory for the family but I’m not breaking my neck to watch it again.. my other half is though 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I think I've written on this thread before. I really wanted to like The Good Place but just couldn't enjoy it, it got really dull to me.

Have also never watched Love Island before this year and have given up now. I missed an episode one night and the thought of have to watch 2 in a row bored me so I figured best to quit haha.

Reactions: 5
I don't know the term for it but I can't stand when actresses/actors who give a character a specific type of voice - it's a mixture of whiny, petulant and sarcastic and the syllables are really elongated - for some reason it goes straight through me like nails on a chalkboard. So far I've had to give up on three shows because of it

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Brooklyn 99
Parks and Recs

I'm tempted to retry Brooklyn 99 and have subtitles on so I can mute whenever that character is in a scene because everyone raves about the show.

Reactions: 3
I don't know the term for it but I can't stand when actresses/actors who give a character a specific type of voice - it's a mixture of whiny, petulant and sarcastic and the syllables are really elongated - for some reason it goes straight through me like nails on a chalkboard. So far I've had to give up on three shows because of it

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Brooklyn 99
Parks and Recs

I'm tempted to retry Brooklyn 99 and have subtitles on so I can mute whenever that character is in a scene because everyone raves about the show.
I don't watch Crazy Ex Girlfriend, but love Parks and Rec and B99 so I'm mega curious! Who are the characters?

Lost, mid way through season 3 I just could not continue it
Vikings same thing

Reactions: 1
I’ve tried watching Lost 3 times and I think I gave up at the same point each time - around the middle of season 2. The first season was so so good but it just got so silly so quickly!

I’ve tried watching Lost 3 times and I think I gave up at the same point each time - around the middle of season 2. The first season was so so good but it just got so silly so quickly!
Was affected badly by the writers strike unfortunately. Could have been great

Gina and April.
Gina is terrible. I think she’s only on the show because of her connections; Andy Samberg and her grew up together, she’s married to Jordan Peele and her brother created Huffington Post. She’s very well connected!

Parks And Rec is my comfort show and I HATE April at the beginning.

The crown
Prison break season 5
Wentworth prison season 5 onwards agrees beas death 🤮… Kaz was such a weak top dog all that cussing red for nothing
Desperate housewives season 5??? Gabby just stopped being a glamour puss hate lynette awfullll character
Stranger things
Criminal minds after Morgan left and reid went to prison
Loved Vampire diaries then it suddenly lost its spark…
omg yes breaking bad & how to get away with murder too!

The crown
Prison break season 5
Wentworth prison season 5 onwards agrees beas death 🤮… Kaz was such a weak top dog all that cussing red for nothing
Desperate housewives season 5??? Gabby just stopped being a glamour puss hate lynette awfullll character
Stranger things
Criminal minds after Morgan left and reid went to prison
Loved Vampire diaries then it suddenly lost its spark…
omg yes breaking bad & how to get away with murder too!
I'm just sticking with Wentworth out of loyalty now. The first few seasons were amazing. Especially the whole Frankie V Bea era

I'm just sticking with Wentworth out of loyalty now. The first few seasons were amazing. Especially the whole Frankie V Bea era
I know but those new sisters Rita and Ruby and they lost their family unit 💔
Like 1-4 was super good when they made Allie top dog i knew they’d lost their marbles 🤣

The American version of RuPauls drag race. I still watch the other English speaking international versions (UK/Canada/down under) because I still enjoy drag but the American ones just don’t do it for me anymore. It changed network from something relatively independent to VH1 and it lost its charm and just wasn’t the same anymore. I think the casting changed because it became very Instagram queen and the slightly rougher queens who were often some of the most talented stopped being a part of the cast. The types of challenges changed and I don’t know it just wasn’t as good.

Glee and Lost
I didn’t bail on these but they changed channel from free to air Channel 4/E4 to sky which I didn’t have so the bailing was done on my behalf. I did catch odd bits of glee and later rewatched some on Netflix but I don’t think I missed anything. Same with lost tbh.

Vampire diaries
Enjoyed the first and second series but got bored after that. I was at uni and missed an episode or two and didn’t miss it so didn’t bother to catch up on iplayer and just left it.

Skins
Gave up a few episodes into gen 3 series one. The characters were awful and it just wasn’t very skins.

Game of thrones
Peaky blinders
Breaking bad
Fargo
Latest series or Marcella
Series 3 of killing eve
Dexter

Started them all and just had no interest in continuing to watch them.
could really do with some good tv.