TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loads. Maybe it’s my attention span 😂
Ozark
Peaky Blinders
Breaking Bad
Flight Attendant
Ginny and Georgia

Gave up halfway through the second series, I really wanted to like it but just couldn’t.
Same here. Ozark had all the ingredients of something that I would expect to like but I just didn't. Difficult to put my finger on why.

Reactions: 1
I've also bailed on a few that I did actually enjoy but just not enough. Something about them got a bit worthy or samey. The Americans, Designated Survivor and Suits.

Controversial as everyone raves about how funny it is but I watched a few episodes and thought it was terrible...Schitts Creek
I didn’t get it

Agree on many of these... OITNB, Killing Eve, Peaky Blinders, Handmaids Tail.

Never got into Schitts Creek either - also gave up with The Good Place.

The Crown was patchy - I gave up with S3 but enjoyed S4 so did go back eventually.

also gave up with Cuckoo - was so gutted when Andy Samberg didn’t come back as the first series wasbrilliant- Ken on E is probably one of my fave comedy episodes ever 🤣

The Big Bang Theory - 🥱 and I’m ashamed to say KUWTKD: used to be an easy binge watch every so often but now it’s so far behind and the filters / lighting / camera work is so irritating 😠

Suits - so boring and repetitive at the end
I gave up the good place quite early

The Walking Dead - Managed to sit through to the end of season 7. It had bec9me so aimless with no end in sight. The same plots on rinse and repeat.

Supernatural - Loved the first 5 seasons. Think that's when the writers changed, though. Watched through season 6-8 out of habit. Endless angels & demons tit. Sam & Dean constantly getting possessed or dying and being brought back to life. Also, you can't get any bigger than God & the devil so there was nowhere to go after that.

Killing Eve - Watched till the end of season 2, no interest to continue. The character of Eve really started to annoy me carrying on like a lovesick idiot.

Once Upon a Time - Fab first season then lost the plot halfway through season 2. Another show on rinse and repeat. The same characters in the same dilemmas over and over again.

It's interesting people mentioning My Name is Earl. This would have been a perfect limited series as it had such a specific plot. Nowhere to go once they concluded the list.

Did any used to watch Without a Trace? The American missing persons drama? Really excellent for about three seasons then the writers thought it was a good idea to start focusing on the teams personal lives. Became pants.

Also, anyone remember the comedy/drama Boston Legal? William Shatner was a revelation in it. Started with really funny/absurd court cases then became unbearably preachy and just a soapbox for the writer's political views. Also, loads of random, unexplained character changes.
Boston legal is one of my all time favs, lots of famous faces dropping In

Last edited:
The Walking Dead. Managed about 3 series then got bored

You - Again, lost interest after 2nd series

13 Reasons Why - Absolutely loved the 1st series, demolished it . The 2nd series was ok and I stuck at it, just about. season 3 I gave up after 2 episodes, had no idea what was going on at all.

True Blood - I have seen series 1-4 a million times and I keep trying desperately to get to the end of the show as I did genuinely love it. But no matter how hard I try, I cannot get past the first couple of episodes of series 5. I'm just lost by that point and can't follow it.

Mad Men - Loved the 1st few series but couldn't get past series 6.

I loved Killing Eve so much, and did manage to finish it, but admit the first series is the strongest.

Desperate housewives- Again loved the 1st series but couldn't get into the rest of it.

I must be rare, but I just couldn't get into Game of Thrones. Watched 1st episode, bailed on 2nd. Just overhyped.

Peaky blinders - what's the point? Line of Duty again just can't get into it.

Never seen Killing Eve either.

Reactions: 4
Oh yes!!!!!! This was my absolute guilty pleasure years ago!!!!!!
yes the time jump was good but they were only supposed to be 21/22 and they were all living these mad amazing lives which was just not realistic at all! The only realistic ones were Fergie & Junk - still living in crappy house shares/eating cereal!!!!
Haha the whole Pete Wentz/fall out boy storyline - cringeeeeeee almighty!!!!!
I absolutely loved One Tree Hill back in the day and whilst I thought the time jump was ‘ok’ they should have just ended it after season 4 - it would have been the perfect end.

Reactions: 2
The Crown
Superstore
Breaking Bad
Game Of Thrones

I wanted to like them all but they just weren’t for me.

I must be rare, but I just couldn't get into Game of Thrones. Watched 1st episode, bailed on 2nd. Just overhyped.
This was me for a few episodes of the first series. I just wasn’t that bothered but my husband was really enjoying it so I stuck it out and ended up absolutely loving it! It’s now one of my favourite ever tv shows. I think it’s one that you need to watch a good few episodes of to really get into it.

Walking Dead (loved the first 3-4 seasons but then it completely lost me. Seemed to be the same thing happening every season.) great cast and acting but just couldn’t keep me entertained!

The Blacklist. I stuck with it because James Spader is amazing in it but there’s only so many seasons you can sit through without getting any of the answers you want 😂 gave up after season 5

The Blacklist. I stuck with it because James Spader is amazing in it but there’s only so many seasons you can sit through without getting any of the answers you want 😂 gave up after season 5
I've just finished season 8 and still no real answers 🤣😂 Well, some pretty big hints but, if it's what everyone seems to think it is, it stretches credibility beyond anything they have ever stretched credibility on before even for The Blacklist. I still watch though 'cos Ressler, y'know 🥰 and obvs James Spader is an amazing actor.

I've just finished season 8 and still no real answers 🤣😂 Well, some pretty big hints but, if it's what everyone seems to think it is, it stretches credibility beyond anything they have ever stretched credibility on before. I still watch though 'cos Ressler, y'know 🥰 and obvs James Spader is an amazing actor.
😂 so funny. I was reading about season 8 the other day and people complaining there was still no “big reveal”. The Rederina stuff as people like to call it is wild and not something I ever bought into 😂
With a lot of these US shows they’re too long that’s the problem. Dragging it out for 10 seasons is never going to make good tv.

😂 so funny. I was reading about season 8 the other day and people complaining there was still no “big reveal”. The Rederina stuff as people like to call it is wild and not something I ever bought into 😂
With a lot of these US shows they’re too long that’s the problem. Dragging it out for 10 seasons is never going to make good tv.
Rederina 😂 I've not heard that before. I didn't realise it was even a thought in people's heads until I read something on Instagram before the finale aired. Then the last episode did kind of make it clear that was the answer but, as ever with The Blacklist, you just never quite know and it probably isn't! 🤣

• Haha
Rederina 😂 I've not heard that before. I didn't realise it was even a thought in people's heads until I read something on Instagram before the finale aired. Then the last episode did kind of make it clear that was the answer but, as ever with The Blacklist, you just never quite know and it probably isn't! 🤣
i used to read a lot of fan theories and it’s been a massive one since the earlier seasons and I always thought it was crazy but it seems like it’s leaning toward it being true 😂😂 so weird.

• Haha