TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Peaky blinders, I've tried twice to watch, couldn't get in to it.
Sons of anarchy, gave up after 2 seasons.
Breaking bad, liked the first 2 seasons never bothered with third!

Reactions: 2
All of the arrow verse
I got to around season 3 of Arrow and season 2 or 3, cant remember, of Flash and watched one episode of Supergirl. It just felt like the same stuff all the time (Flash) and that no one who died stayed that way (Arrow).

Have recently bailed on Ozark as it felt very dark and a bit grim and wasnt in a good headspace for it. Will probably pick it up again though.

I got to around season 3 of Arrow and season 2 or 3, cant remember, of Flash and watched one episode of Supergirl. It just felt like the same stuff all the time (Flash) and that no one who died stayed that way (Arrow).

Have recently bailed on Ozark as it felt very dark and a bit grim and wasnt in a good headspace for it. Will probably pick it up again though.
I keep getting alerts from Netflix about Ozark, is it worth a look?

I watched Dexter all the way through up until the last episode when I bailed because it heard it was one of the worst endings ever. Was excellent from S1-S4. I am actually quite looking forward to the new series. I wonder if they will wipe the last series out

I watched Dexter all the way through up until the last episode when I bailed because it heard it was one of the worst endings ever. Was excellent from S1-S4. I am actually quite looking forward to the new series. I wonder if they will wipe the last series out
They’re not but they’re saying it will give us a better ending. Because the original ending was absolutely awful.

I recently tried to watch supergirl, managed 2.5 episodes and it is BAD.

peaky blinders, breaking bad and house of cards

i didn't dislike any of them just forgot to continue watching, i wasn't interested enough 💤

although i could just stare at peaky blinders without sound:

• Haha
Normal People

All my friends raved about it and how good it was and their crush on Connell (?). They’d read the book and said the series was so good. I decided to give it a go recently since it’s quite a short series and honestly there’s a few hours of my life I’ll never get back. Couldn’t care less about the characters and genuinely hated both main ones. Only managed a couple of episodes and that was me hanging in to see if it gets better.

Scandal

I’d just started maternity leave so had a lot of time to kill waiting for baby. I was obsessed with it and binged the first few seasons within a week but then it just got more and more ridiculous.

I then tried How to get away with murder which was equally ridiculous so didn’t even manage a season.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Normal People

All my friends raved about it and how good it was and their crush on Connell (?). They’d read the book and said the series was so good. I decided to give it a go recently since it’s quite a short series and honestly there’s a few hours of my life I’ll never get back. Couldn’t care less about the characters and genuinely hated both main ones. Only managed a couple of episodes and that was me hanging in to see if it gets better.

Scandal

I’d just started maternity leave so had a lot of time to kill waiting for baby. I was obsessed with it and binged the first few seasons within a week but then it just got more and more ridiculous.

I then tried How to get away with murder which was equally ridiculous so didn’t even manage a season.
I also thought normal people was dreadful!!!

Watched 1st series of line of duty, not in a rush to watch anymore, especially as it was every where who H was!!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I also thought normal people was dreadful!!
Honestly one of the worst things I’ve ever watched. I googled the rest of the series to find out when it actually got better and decided I couldn’t care less. Marianne was unlikeable from the offset, and Connell was a wet blanket the whole time. I still can’t believe the hype from critics it got

Honestly one of the worst things I’ve ever watched. I googled the rest of the series to find out when it actually got better and decided I couldn’t care less. Marianne was unlikeable from the offset, and Connell was a wet blanket the whole time. I still can’t believe the hype from critics it got
You've described them exactly!!! I couldn't understand the hype either!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m about to give up on Virgin River and I haven’t even finished the first season yet. Someone recommended it to me and I started watching it and thought, “Yeah this is good. Easy viewing, cosy vibes” but so many characters are unlikable and it’s like soap-opera levels of bad. And not in a so bad it’s good way.

Big Sky

I actually wasted my time watching the full season, wished I’d quit after the first shitshow of an episode!