TV Ads You Hate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was done before by Staples and people hated the song choice back then too - link
Ah yes, although I think it works far better for a holiday company ad. Probably the only time of year more than Christmas that people would class as the most wonderful time of year

Reactions: 1
The new Halifax ad with the full version of "Stand By Me" by Oasis. Just when I thought they'd stopped showing the bench one with the awful acoustic version of it. I hate how banks ads make out that they're your friend.

We Buy Any Car using the Nightcrawlers "Push the Feeling On"

My Spotify subscription has expired, so I'm now getting ads on there. There's a really patronising one about the pronunciation of Hyundai cars. Note to companies: Never lecture the consumer.

Reactions: 12
I hate the Stand By Me adverts too. There was one that implied that a couple had suffered a miscarriage and I thought it was so cheap and tacky to use something so upsetting in a bank advert. duck banks. The cheesy black horse ones need to bugger off too.

Reactions: 6
The new Halifax ad with the full version of "Stand By Me" by Oasis. Just when I thought they'd stopped showing the bench one with the awful acoustic version of it. I hate how banks ads make out that they're your friend.
The bench Halifax advert, the greengrocers in the street behind its that's fake, it's actually a pawnbrokers irl.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I hate the Stand By Me adverts too. There was one that implied that a couple had suffered a miscarriage and I thought it was so cheap and tacky to use something so upsetting in a bank advert. duck banks. The cheesy black horse ones need to bugger off too.
Banks are bas*tards

---

The bench Halifax advert, the greengrocers in the street behind its that's fake, it's actually a pawnbrokers irl.
And its the banks that have probably made it necessary for it to be there!!!

Reactions: 5
Sky mobile where the dogs turn into other dogs, gives me the creeps and it’s on all the bloody time when I’m watching stuff on sky catch up. That and the Toyota aygo x advert.

So it's now suddenly pronounced 'Lie-sterine'? When did that happen? Get to f*ck! (Them, not you). It was named after Sir Joseph Lister, FFS!!
I know pisses me off,remember years ago Knorr was always pronounced like nor then it became k-norr
Then IKEA stopped letting us Brits pronounce it as eye-kee-ah the ads became ee-kee-yah.

Hyundai have started it as well now, us Brits always pronounced it as Hi-un-dye, the ads did the same. Now it's hyun-day.

Now I know this is because we've been our usual British selves and pronounced Swedish and Korean words wrong, but that's how we know it now. Leave it alone.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
But that can't have anything to do with the pronunciation of Listerine, which - like I said before - was named for Sir Joseph Lister. A BRITISH surgeon....

Reactions: 3