TV Ads You Hate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Verisure again!
Three young men seettling down to watch the footie on telly. Two chime-in about their brilliant Verisure alarms and How Safe They Feel just switching them on which instantly makes the third completely paranoid that he DOES NOT HAVE ONE and "Should I get one too?"
"Yes!" the other trill in unison.
FFS :mad::poop:
Can I just add about the amount of adverts now in the breaks? Yesterday we counted SIX! All were funeral plans, life assurance, recliner chairs, mobility scooters and pleas from UNICEF and Water Aid. The programmes these days are shorter that the ad breaks, ie the 35 year old repeats are just there to pad-out the adverts :(

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The majority of ITV3 during the day. I've been spending a lot of time with one of my parents who are recovering from a major operation, and watching that all day every day would convince me I'm past it and just waiting for death, or to give all my money away to charities. The manipulation is just too much.

Also hate the Virgin Atlantic 'I am what I am' advert. How about showing gay people just doing their job professionally and not strutting up and down like a catwalk
Spot on if it’s not pure cremation, the wonky donkeys daily struggles, life insurance, children who need operations or bloody stair lifts and Ian Botham with his massive beer belly going on about revitive it’s like once you hit 50 it’s game over 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Spot on if it’s not pure cremation, the wonky donkeys daily struggles, life insurance, children who need operations or bloody stair lifts and Ian Botham with his massive beer belly going on about revitive it’s like once you hit 50 it’s game over 🙄
It's dire isn't it. Would send you into depression ☹

Reactions: 3
I feel very sorry for the donkeys but then I'm biased as I have one :)

Botham . Jane's knees hurt so she can't get her arse off the park bench to go walkies with her mate Ian, however, after a ten minute electrocution of the kneecaps she's racing across the park to beat him to all the pies in the café! Yippee!

Its all enacted out in excrutiating fashion with the same amount of acting talent as Carol Vorderman and the taxi driver or any of the inepts that Verisure use. Just grim :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I feel very sorry for the donkeys but then I'm biased as I have one :)

Botham . Jane's knees hurt so she can't get her arse of the park bench to go walkies with her mate Ian, however, after a ten minute electrocution of the kneecaps she's racing across the park to beat him to all the pies in the café! Yippee!

Its all enacted out in excrutiating fashion with the same amount of acting talent as Carol Vorderman and the taxi driver or any of the inepts that Verisure use. Just grim :(
The donkey ads are upsetting.

Botham one - gets on my wick so wooden and unconvincing.

I think with the charity ads its not so much the charity, it's the overly earnest and manipulated language and tone of them

Reactions: 9
My husband watches American
Football so we get the pleasure of seeing American adverts! They are a different league! There’s one trying to sell a medication but then it reels of the side affects….including death!
The fast food adverts are over the top…and there’s so many!

Football so we get the pleasure of seeing American adverts! They are a different league! There’s one trying to sell a medication but then it reels of the side affects….including death!
Love watching American ads! The prescription medication ones are so disturbing. They always have soothing music and images of people doing yoga or eating dinner as a family and they’ll have someone reading all the horrible things the meds can do to you. Imagine how annoying it must be to be a doctor in America and have people coming in asking for a prescription just because they’ve seen a commercial.

Agreed on the fast food ads. I’ve never heard of most of the chains because there are so many and everything seems to be absolutely covered in cheese! Americans seem to eat out a lot more than us.

recently watched an ad for insomnia medication and the side effects read like the Keith Moon biography 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There’s an awful one for Enterprise that’s on every five minutes. Hey, get your skates on, get behind the wheel etc etc. I actually need to book a car soon and am not going to use Enterprise as they’re so annoying!

The national lottery train one, it on every frigging ad break, desperately trying to appeal to young people to play lotto.
The boy has the crazy frog ringtone but says it's 'so embarrassing '. Why would you bother downloading a ringtone you hate?

Bloody Verisure!
My telly Box picks up Irish tv (Even tho I'm not in Ireland). Imagine my horror to see an old version of one of their crappy ads, (the one with the woman remarking with faux shock how she's just come home to see burglars had been in), BUT now its been dubbed with a lilting Irish accent! It's still terrible though.

• Haha
Bloody Verisure!
My telly Box picks up Irish tv (Even tho I'm not in Ireland). Imagine my horror to see an old version of one of their crappy ads, (the one with the woman remarking with faux shock how she's just come home to see burglars had been in), BUT now its been dubbed with a lilting Irish accent! It's still terrible though.
is the tone as unconvincing as the original acting?Never knew they dubbed things in the sa,me language! I have seen so many things that are clearly dubbed from German/spanish etc which just look ridiculous because the speech never matches up so it surprises me they bother with the same langauge !

Reactions: 2
Youtube ads

I'm not against youtube ads, but why are they so repetitive?! I can see the same and over and over

is the tone as unconvincing as the original acting?Never knew they dubbed things in the sa,me language! I have seen so many things that are clearly dubbed from German/spanish etc which just look ridiculous because the speech never matches up so it surprises me they bother with the same langauge !
Yes they found an equally cardboard actress to recreate the entire Verisure Ethos of Crapness! I did wonder why they bothered to dub it seeing as its all in English anyway.

• Haha
I’m working from home this week. Has anyone seen that hays travel ad that is something straight out of the 80’s. So cheap and low budget.

On the Beach adverts
It's the most wonderful time of the year🎶
that horrid Dudley Dursley licking his ice cream when the girl had dropped hers
ARGH

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15