TV Ads You Hate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jif changing to Cif was also pointless. I remember there were slightly insulting adverts with Spanish people being unable to pronounce J sounds. I know the name changes are usually to do with bringing the brand in line with other countries but wonder why they name things differently in the first place. Like why call the bars Marathon?

Reactions: 5
Jif changing to Cif was also pointless. I remember there were slightly insulting adverts with Spanish people being unable to pronounce J sounds. I know the name changes are usually to do with bringing the brand in line with other countries but wonder why they name things differently in the first place. Like why call the bars Marathon?
It was marketed as Cif in Turkey and the Arabic-speaking world, where "Cif" would be pronounced as "Jif". Possibly, it was Cif in Russian- or Russian-adjacent language countries too, as Russian has no letter J or soft "j" sound.

Those Vanish ads making out that wearing your clothes more than once is something novel and noteworthy are really annoying me at the moment. We aren't all Kate Middleton.

Reactions: 2
The British Airways advert which starts with a woman saying "I'm livid"🤬
Yes and the 'its been scientifically proven not going on holiday will kill you sooner' or something like that. Really nasty marketing at a time when many just cannot afford to take fancy holidays. BA have long gone to shi* anyway, they're owned by Qatar 🤮

Reactions: 6
Thankfully the ads for Boomin have calmed down. People waffling on about it in pretend Brummie accents, just what the world needs. Plus, Boomin is a really stupid name for a serious company.

Reactions: 1
On the Beach. It’s not wonderful, it’s cold and I can’t afford to renew my passport never mind the holiday 😡

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Any pad ad. IE urinary incontinence or menstrual.
I've seen one with a woman sitting on the toilet who chucks the flowers in a vase on the floor to pour the water onto a pad to demonstrate how absorbant the things are! Worse still the ad that uses red coloured stuff poured onto a pad as a demo! I mean theres Realism and there this show BARF :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I dunno about Hate because the new ad for Twix is hilarious

Two geeky twins sitting on a log discussing whether Left Twix or Right Twix tastes better.
Behind them two bears discussing whether Left Twin or Right Twin tastes better

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I just saw an ad for a new film called "cocaine bear" literally about a bear that gets high on cocaine, I cannot believe it is not a spoof

• Haha
Reactions: 1