Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

a.pain

VIP Member
@Bobbleowl90 which ones are you using? I got mine off Amazon, they’re called Premom and come with an app. So you take a photo of the little strip and upload it to the app and it records your fertility levels/when your peak time to try will be. I use Ovia too but I think this one might be a bit more accurate, it’s put my ovulation date a few days before the Premom one has (which is the one I’m logging my tests on)

So tempted to get mine to do one now too 😂
I’m going to order this now on your recommendation. I only get a period every 64 days, the dr has said I probably don’t ovulate and the period is just when the lining builds up so much it just sheds itself. I have PCOS, only recently diagnosed, but before I had my first I had regular 35 day cycles. I have just googled to see if anyone has conceived on long cycles and some people have said they conceived after ovulating on day 79 etc! Gives me a little hope, I have done some half hearted opks but always negative as I don’t know what days to test. I’m really hoping that since I get the period very regularly (as in always day 64) that means I might ovulate. Since I have the PCOS diagnosis they won’t do any other tests until they see me in fertility, I’m getting referred in April but I anticipate there will be delays due to covid. The dr seemed to think if I just have regular sex and lose some weight to address the pcos I would get pregnant but i really don’t have the time or inclination to have sex every two days for the whole cycle 😬😬😬

louichi

A question for all of those who have used OPKs long term if you don't mind! This is my first cycle of using them as it is my first full cycle off the pill (withdrawal bleed in December and proper period 2 weeks ago).

At what point does your LH rise? Based on my last 35 day cycle I should be in my fertile window now with ovulation on Saturday. However, there's been absolutely no rise in my LH so far. I'm testing first thing in the morning and have tested in the afternoon for the last few days where the line is even lower - borderline non existent. I drink a lot of water but I've been making sure I'm not drinking anything 2-3 hours before testing in the afternoon. Also no shift in BBT or change in CM.

Does it suddenly shoot up, could it appear later than anticipated or sometimes does it not show at all?

Any advice welcome! Thank you

Attachments

jarv

VIP Member
Just took a test at 8DPO, I know it’s really early but I’ve felt SO SO nauseous like puke in mouth situations (sorry about that) and since 5DPO I’ve just not felt “right!”
Is this the start of my BFP?
Yep I see a line!!

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
This TWW is killing me!! All I can think of is announcing to my husband and announcing to my family and buying baby stuff and having a bump and sickness!!! 7 days to go 🙄😂
Same here! Keep getting completely carried away with my thoughts and having to give myself a reminder that I need to be realistic 🙄

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Thanks for setting up this post 😊

I’m 28yo and TTC #1, currently in my 5th cycle of trying. I’d been on BC for 10 years (mainly the implant) so I was pleasantly surprised to see my periods return quickly (I had none when on the implant). They have been a bit whacky but nothing major (28-35 days), but my main issue seems to be my Luteal Phase. I’m using OPK’s to track ovulation and have got a positive each month however my LP has never been over 9 days.
What are OPK’s? Still trying to get used to all the abbreviations 😂

fluffybaffling

I don’t know your personal circumstances obv but just to reassure 10 days is considered ok for luteal phase! It’s 9 or less that is a concern as far as I am aware xx
Oh that’s good to know! Fingers crossed! I’ve got all sorts wrong 🤣 xx

How do you track the OPKs? I’m currently tracking my cycle with Flo I’m CD7 so going to start the opk strips soon I have the one step cheapies from Amazon - do you log them in an app to see the difference every day? How do people do it? Sorry new to all this! Tia

LongishCat

VIP Member
I’ve been told that it’s likely I have PCOS too - which is strange because I don’t really have any of the symptoms such as excess body hair/weight issues/irregular periods. But my high testosterone/ lack of ovulation/ bad periods also seems to signpost to it. Hoping that I can get on clomid and have a success🤞🏼
Yeah, my gynaegologist was also surprised when she saw me first. No extra hair, and I'm slim (below average BMI, but otherwise healthy and presence of boobs&butt 😁), but my periods became very irregular and omg the pimples 😳
Bloodwork revealed high testosterone and echo showed classic PCOS ovaries 🤷‍♀️
PCOS is very treatable though, so fingers crossed you'll get that as well!

fluffybaffling

Good Morning all,
Apologies if this has been discussed before. Just looking for some advice/re-assurance.
We stopped using all contraceptive mid 2017. I was tracking my cycles with an app. My periods returned after 3 months post contraceptive. I would say we were not 'trying' to concieve at this point. Avoiding the fertile window but seeing how it went and if we did fall on then great but if not we werent too concerned. Often my periods would be early or late so the fertile window changed once my period had arrived and appeared there were times where we had done it and I was in the fertile window. Last year we started trying more, not avoiding fertile window. Periods went very irregular last year when had been fairly regular before that (except the odd longer cycle once or twice a year) was going longer between periods. So struggled to pinpoint ovulation.Things seem to be settling again this year. After last year and no conception we have been referred for fertility treatment. This year have started using OPK to help the chances of concieving. I guess my question is - would you be concerned after 3.5 years of not using contraceptive and no pregnancy? I feel I am not valid to feel a bit worried as the first 2 years we were not 'actively trying?' But the last year upto now we were? Thanks
I’ve not been on contraception for almost 6 years - we were using withdrawal method and never got pregnant. When I had my various tests all the doctors were shocked I think. I’m now on month 3 of trying. Don’t know if that helps much 🤣 although mytestosterone level was crazy high so that would have stopped me but its back to normal again now 😊

Last edited:

Onecandream

2 years ttc for number 2 as well, I've had blood tests, hycosy all normal, husband has low motility so that's really the only thing, trying to get him to go for another test next week, see if there is any change since last year
Is you other half reluctant to test again? My OH took some convincing to be tested. Good luck. I’m hoping I get some answers soon. Trying to improve my diet and exercise etc. I’m 36 this year so feel like it’s ticking away. Then trying not to stress as stress affects fertility! It’s hard going isn’t it! Xx

Dipdab

VIP Member
My ovulation should've been around last Sunday. Today I'm feeling crampy and as if my period is preparing to come through. But my period isn't due till somewhere around the 21st.
I'm feeling conflicted, cause I want to be hopeful and think that maybe I'm feeling implantation, but then I think that might not be possible? Can you feel implantation? I'm so confused and tired :(

@Makeupaddict5 so sorry you had to go through all that. But good that they found the reason and that it's treatable!
Have you had cramps like that before? I find I get cramps around my ovulation day. I never had it until recently as I was on the pill for years. It may be that?

louichi

have you tried the early clear blue tests? I felt pregnant with my first but the tests were negative. Bought the early clear blue one and had a positive on that! May be worth a try
I haven't I've just been using the cheap dip sticks. I don't even know when, or if I ovulated in the month so I'm all a bit confused!

I'm convinced it's just my body regulating itself but I'm worried that I won't have periods at all now. I'm out of tune with my body after 15 years on the pill! I'll leave it another week and hopefully it'll either arrive or I'll test again!

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Just found this thread. Im 17 weeks pregnant but just thought I'd share my little nuggets of info if it helps:
Im 39, first pregnancy, had an ectopic in February so actually 2nd pregnancy. Became obsessed with opks, i tried the ones on Amazon and thought they were crap so only used clear blue. Clear blue would say im ovulating, the Amazon ones would say i wasn't so they're crap. Clear blue are extortionately priced i do agree.
Learned from the opks that i would ovulate one month day 8, the next month day 15, the next month day 11.... so don't just start using them day 12 onwards, or at least if you keep getting the not ovulating symbol (like i was) go back a few days and start testing then.
The month i did conceive i hadn't used an opk!!my cm told me i was ovulating then took a test to confirm. Sometimes just listening to your body helps.
Lastly, i know how consumed you get by ttc. All day everyday every month it's all you're thinking about. And all you see is pregnant women everywhere and announcements every other day. I really really wish you well and hope you all get your babies.
Apologies for long post.
Oh thank you for your words of wisdom! I found that really helpful thank you 😊

Would you mind at all sharing what you experienced in your 2ww leading up to BFP? I know it’s different for every woman some women have the opposite symptoms and both end up pregnant etc (please don’t worry if you don’t want to as it’s your personal business) x

Choco88

VIP Member
My sister (32) has been trying to conceive her second baby for over 15 months now. I feel so bad for her every time a friend or relative announces a pregnancy she’s gets so upset. I wish I could help her but don’t want to upset her either 😩

Yolo_polo

Potentially opening a can of worms here but what is everyone’s thoughts on the COVID vaccine whilst TTC? I know the advice is not to get it if you are already pregnant but wasn’t sure what it is if you’re trying.