Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yolo_polo

Looking for some advice on what the best app is to track your cycle? I’m not TTC just now but will be next year after a fabulous all inclusive holiday, COVID dependent obviously 🤞🏻 I’m 32 and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 however my symptoms have eased a lot over the past few years and my period is more or less to the day now but know it still might be a struggle for me to fall pregnant.

swimming

VIP Member
Wow really? I accepted the first to be a chemical pregnancy but when I had multiple positive tests most months I assumed it had to be dodgy tests. Thank you for this, it’s very reassuring. I have my first apt with my dr on thursday to discuss fertility issues. Would you mind telling me what to expect from this apt as you have been through it before? It took a lot for me to make the appointment x
well my husband and I had to have IUI treatment with donor sperm after cancer treatment left him with problems - but I had all the tests before hand as I didn’t want IVF. I had my tubes checked to make sure they were open, my AMH level checked to say how many eggs I have left, and then regular scans to check the lining of my womb. I basically went in on the day I ovulated and they put the sperm up straight into my womb so it doesn’t have far to swim and it worked first time.

if you are getting positive tests that’s a good indicator the egg is being fertilised, but it could be something as simple as thin lining which can be fixed with medications etc

We went private as the NHS were pissing us about with wait times and wanted us to have all sorts of counselling first which was very annoying.

But the gp will likely do blood tests to make sure you are ovulating and they may even do the AMH blood test but I think that’s unlikely as it’s quite expensive and they don’t tend to do it as routine.

KezGlen

I've been using the clearblue but my cycle seems to be really out (have stopped pill though). I had 11 days flashing but no 'peak'. Ran out. Ordered the clearblue connected and less than 2 weeks later i'm back to flashing. I've ordered easy@home tonight x

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Yeah! Mine were like yours, are you testing round about the same time every day? Try and make sure you've not had a wee an hour or so before you do the OPK as the hormone won't be as strong too! Make sure you doing lots of business on your high chance to try days because once you've peeked it will start to tell you your DPO's. X
Yeah trying to, around midday! Will test twice tomorrow though like the app says. I’ve already told my partner this is “the” weekend 😂

Really hope you get that positive too! The wait is the longest part!

Limmy91

If you get 2/3 more I would say you’ve ovulated as it wouldn’t be a rogue temp, your app will tell you of it thinks you’ve ovulated aswell (or Atleast mine did)
Thank you! Just trying to clarify my fertile window. I think cos I’m not paying premium for the app it’s not updating in line with my bbt or confirming that way. The apps I use seem to just guess ovulation day based on the length of my cycle ie 14 days before the end of cd1. Might just fork out for the good ones soon 😅

I know I'm going to be confronted with this decision very soon as I had gestational diabetes with my first baby and now am on the shielded list as of last week although I'm not going to shield as its voluntary and I actually have covid now. I think I might get the vaccine at some point in my pregnancy. I keep thinking about Grace Victory and the dangers of late pregnancy covid. Scary though as they just don't know if its 100%. Im only 6 weeks so hopefully have time to think about it!

Dipdab

VIP Member
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to say thank you for all of your help and support this month!

we’ve had our pregnancy confirmed with bloods and (so many) home tests. EDD 1st of October if all goes well!

good luck everyone and lots of baby dust ✨
Fantastic news! Congratulations x

Sunshinegal

My husband has children already, and Im going to see about having checks after Christmas. I keep being told its normal to take this long which I think it is, but I'm a bit worried as anyone would be I guess.

Tinkerbell20

Feeling very stressed out today.

Had positive OPK’s Monday and Tuesday (first time using them) then back to negative Wednesday...woke up Thursday to light bleeding that’s still going on today.

ScorpioMoon

Are you guys drinking whilst ttc? I am still having one drink every evening during the w.e. and have had one a bit more often than that recently due to st valentine and a few other occasions. Feeling a mixture of anxiety/guilt I shouldn't not to affect implantation etc but evidence on this seems mixed plus it's not like I am getting drunk I guess.. 😬
I don't but only because I'm temping and alcohol affects your BBT! Once I've got my crosshairs, then I'm happy to drink until I see those two lines!

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Ladies that have used ovulation strips, I just need a little advice I feel like even my control line is ridiculously light. Does this look normal or right?
Flo says I should ovulate on Saturday I don’t see it happening in the slightest though.
I went for an ultrasound yesterday and she was like a stone no inclination that everything looked right or not I just have to wait for the gp to call me 🤦🏼‍♀️View attachment 431360
When I was using them, I didn’t get a gradual increase - just a sudden high result on my peak day. In the lead up to it I was wondering if I was actually going to ovulate because I assumed it would get higher and higher in the lead up.

The control line on the bottom one does look light though. Which app are you using? I used Premom and you had to get the box with the lines right up close for it to be able to read it properly. I always took mine in the same place, same time and same lighting too which seemed to help

So, we don’t have children and I miscarried our baby on Valentines Day 2019. It was all very traumatic for me physically more than mentally I think. This year we want to try again (preferably in the summer once we’ve cleared a couple of debts, I know there’s never an ideal time but I’d rather know we are giving ourselves the best chance financially so I can have mat leave longer than three months etc) only thing is I am PETRIFIED to put myself in that vulnerable position again - what if it happens again, mentally I’m not sure I’d cope. I’m also annoyed we missed out on so many holidays etc in 2020 and the odds of us getting them now before we try for a baby are slim. So I’m angry at the world for that because it’s time we can never get back. Aware I’m sounding very selfish and I know people have it far worse but please don’t judge, it’s the way I’m feeling
Sending lots of love! You feel however u want to feel! Xxx

Asty Gurl

ah yeah Iv had a good few months where opks basically matched, ovusense showed a rise in temp but then it went back down! So I think I tried to ovulate.... then about a week later I would get a proper peak and bbt would rise properly.. but that point we we’re tired, and so didn’t time BD correctly! It’s really hard when ovulation date can change, or you get failed attempts, so much harder to time!! I used to get so frustrated with it all when my body would mess me around!!
iv just started using my ovusense again to see what my bodies up to. We do want to start ttc as soon as possible.... just because if it takes another year... and I keep panicking I’m getting no younger!
It is reassuring that it is not just me! best of luck to you!! :) do you have pcos? I have hashimoto thyoriditis (mild form and well-controlled with meds). Have always had irregular cycles before and after the pill and struggled with chin acne. I am slightly hairier than normal although I would not class that as hirsutism. I am a healthy weight and all my bloods and ultrasound were normal, aside from my progesterone which either shows no ovulation or a 'very weak' one (according to ovusense I do ovulate but it's always late and my luteal phase is basically non-existent). Not quite clear what's wrong with me but there is definitely something XD

I wonder what the % of men with altered morphology etc is within couples who have conceived - they only test when there is a problem so it's not really known how common these issues are on average. We only found out about my husband because the gp practice's protocol is that a SA needs to be done first before prescribing clomid. He is due to repeat it due to the altered value but because of covid the lab is shut

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
It was my boys first birthday this christmas just gone and all throughout my pregnancy I made a thing of saying how his birthday and christmas will always be separate and never combined. My best friend got him a joint present, wrapped in christmas paper. It relaly peed me off, especially for his first birthday!

How many times a day do people do ovulation tests? This is the first month I’ve really concentrated on doing them every day and they aren’t showing positive on the days my app says they should be so I’m a little disappointed now and I know it’s silly as it’s the first month but I just wondered if certain times of the day are better?

Dipdab

VIP Member
Has anyone used one step ovulation tests from Amazon (£4.99 ones)?. I switched to them this month as I was using the clearbblue digital and it was getting too expensive.
I’m in the expected fertile window but have had a negative test everyday. I expected to see a faint line but there’s nothing? I’m testing twice a day. Normally I would have a smiley face on the clear blue now. I get ovulation pain in my side which I’m experiencing today so I know I am about to hit peak ovulation.
Im guessing the cheaper ones aren’t as sensitive?

Wishwash

Hi all! I'm sorry if this has already been covered. Are there any keyworkers in this thread who are continuing to TTC despite covid?

I'm a front line worker and was offered the Pfizer vaccine but declined for now as trying for my second baby. Have now found out I'm being redeployed from my normal area to another "cold" area (no covid patients but higher potential for exposure) and I'mdithering now.

Really not sure whether to defer trying and have the vaccine but they are now delaying the boosters for up to twelve weeks. This means even if I had it tomorrow I may have to wait up to 5 months before I could start trying.
So hard as once you have that desire to start trying I feel like I can't just switch it off.

Asty Gurl

Hiya, looking for some advice, partic from those UK based! Sorry for long post ahead.

I am 31. Got put on the pill when I was about maybe 18 due to painful/heavy/slightly irregular periods. Stopped it in May 2019, got my first period back 3 months afterwards. Since then periods have again become irregular with cycles ranging from 26 to 50 days (ish).
I have hypothyroidism but it is well controlled via meds. Have had various investigations for pcos (scans etc) but they were inconclusive. My bmi is healthy but i do get cystic chin acne and I am slightly 'hairier' than average (although I wouldn't say I have hirsutism)

Started charting my BBTs in the Summer. BBTs seem to suggest I ovulate but this is late in the cycle (never before day 20) and period usually comes only a few days after that (on average just a week long 'luteal phase')

GP tested my progesterone levels twice on day 21 and once also day 26 and both times they were low. They say it's very unlikely I ovulate (BBT charts suggest differently but from what I have read and understood collating all the evidence together, even if I ovulate it's prob a 'weak' ovulation)

They are getting my partner's sperm re-tested (first time round his morphology was low 😬) and then they said they could put me on med to induce ovulation. From reading forums/websites online etc it seems rare GPs will lead on such a thing though, however the GP said it can be done via them. I will of course ask for more details but has anyone had a similar experience, having this done via GP?
Also did they get you do an internal scan - i had it a few times and hate it, can never relax and always made feel like I am silly :(