TTC #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi girls! I’ve been ttc since October and since then had two periods (November and April) my GP has referred me to the gynae. Has anybody got any experiences similar and thoughts about maybe going private?
I’m in a similar position have just had all my tests done (bloods, ultrasound) and are waiting for my appointment now which I am tempted to go private for (currently been waiting about 2 months). However the only advice I would give is have as many tests done on the nhs first for example my friend went private and her husband hadn’t had his sample and they charged £250 just for that! In total their tests alone cost around £1000 but they have gone back on the nhs for treatment (IVF). I am not sure if it has actually speeded up their treatment time as they still had to wait for an nhs appointment with Gynae but I think it gave her some answers quicker and they maybe skipped some steps on the nhs which might save them time in the long run

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve had blood tests which all come back fine and we are getting a sperm analysis done with the NHS. My mother has PCOS and me and my siblings are all ivf babies. I just want to know where I stand really!

Reactions: 4
I’m under the NHS for fertility at the moment. I was referred about 18 months ago. I went for bloods initially to check I was ovulating and my husband had sperm analysis. It then took about 3 months to see the consultant again and she referred me for a HYCOSY which I had in January. The radiologist said everything looked fine but my appointment with the consultant isn’t until next month (they did offer me an appointment in April but I was on honeymoon) so it’s been a long wait.

We haven’t been in a massive rush as we got married in March so took a step back from TTC to enjoy that without the pressure. My husband has a child from a previous relationship so we won’t be offered IVF if it comes to that and we’d have to go private. I think we’ve saved quite a bit of money in having the investigations via the NHS.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We would need to wait a while to be eligible for NHS testing and I’m too impatient 🙈 plus I’m approaching 35 and just want to know what our options are. I am thinking if this cycle isn’t successful I will have a chat with my husband.

Guys I know this is such a random question but I know a few of you have kids! I’m 4 + 3 weeks pregnant and my boobs aren’t as sore today despite the fact they’ve been really sore up until now. Should I be worried? Did anyone have symptoms that came and went this early? Sorry to be talking about different kids of boobs to T&T 🤣🤣🤣
I posted this in another thread and it’s been moved here! Sorry guys 🤔🤔🤔🤔

We would need to wait a while to be eligible for NHS testing and I’m too impatient 🙈 plus I’m approaching 35 and just want to know what our options are. I am thinking if this cycle isn’t successful I will have a chat with my husband.
Good luck! My acupuncturist recommends blood tests via the website https://medichecks.com/ if her clients haven’t already had the basic investigations so that might be a cost effective way to start. If it does flag anything you could take them to your GP and ask to be referred earlier on that basis?

Reactions: 2
I’m not sure when you are 35 but it’s 6 months of trying once your 35 as opposed to a year

Reactions: 3
My husband has a child from a previous relationship so we won’t be offered IVF if it comes to that and we’d have to go private. I think we’ve saved quite a bit of money in having the investigations via the NHS.
I follow this thread with hope for you all. I’m not TTC, not through choice, I have no other half. I do have a daughter but as I’m getting older I’m very much aware of how my body clock is ticking and that’s stressful in a very different way.

My daughters dad and his OH are going through IVF paid for on the NHS so there is hope out there if things came to that but hopefully not xx

• Heart
I follow this thread with hope for you all. I’m not TTC, not through choice, I have no other half. I do have a daughter but as I’m getting older I’m very much aware of how my body clock is ticking and that’s stressful in a very different way.

My daughters dad and his OH are going through IVF paid for on the NHS so there is hope out there if things came to that but hopefully not xx
I think whether treatment is offered when one partner has a child already is dependent on the Trust where you live so won’t be an option for us unfortunately x

• Sad
I think whether treatment is offered when one partner has a child already is dependent on the Trust where you live so won’t be an option for us unfortunately x
That’s really sad because that’s so unfair and massive inequalities in access healthcare to healthcare because of your postcode. These things make me so mad.

I think if it’s the male who has had a child previously they sometimes don’t reveal this (have seen this happen) I’m not sure how much the check this or just take their word for it. Obviously different for a women it will be on your medical records

That’s really sad because that’s so unfair and massive inequalities in access healthcare to healthcare because of your postcode. These things make me so mad.
It really is a postcode lottery some areas don’t have any funding at all, Chelmsford in Essex I know is one

• Sad
So that test I previously took really was a false positive. Confirmed ovulation now and in the two week wait. Don't feel too hopeful because I didn't BD much around ovulation as hubs was away. Fingers crossed anyway 🤞🏾

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.