TTC #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread for trying to conceive advice, support and discussion 💕

Regularly used acronyms:

DTD - do the deed/have sex

AF - aunt flow

TTC - trying to conceive

OPK - ovulation prediction kit

BFN - big fat negative

BFP - big fat positive

DPO - day past ovulation

CD - cycle day

EWCM - egg white cervical mucus

2WW - two week wait (that feels more like 2 years!)

93C2AB99-7402-489A-BFCE-AFE20D210394.jpeg

Listened to this podcast by Manifestation Babe last week. You don’t have to be into law of attraction to appreciate this one as a lot of what she talks about is stuff from the it starts with the egg book which is science/evidence based.

This is the transcript if you prefer to read

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I wish we hadn’t told anyone we are TTC. My mum commented that it’s taking a while… we are only on our 6th cycle! So frustrating how insensitive people can be ☹ Every month feels like a year for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wish we hadn’t told anyone we are TTC. My mum commented that it’s taking a while… we are only on our 6th cycle! So frustrating how insensitive people can be ☹ Every month feels like a year for me.
I wish I'd kept it quiet too. I have a friend who is planning on trying for a baby in a few months and has been quite dismissive of me finding it tough but also says it'll happen straight away for her. So I'm here trying month after month and she's planning for her baby like it's a sure thing and a fixed date, talking about things she needs to buy and that kind of thing. I just wish I'd never ever discussed it with her 😭

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Got the BFP yesterday….after a mc, mmc and 5 cycles ttc. I feel like it’s 50/50 if this one will stick. Had spotting on and off since last Monday. Have started cyclogest (progesterone pessaries) and aspirin this time so maybe that’ll help. Sending everyone love and strength…I thought I’d be delighted when I got the bfp, just feel like the next worry is another mc. But trying to be positive!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I wish I'd kept it quiet too. I have a friend who is planning on trying for a baby in a few months and has been quite dismissive of me finding it tough but also says it'll happen straight away for her. So I'm here trying month after month and she's planning for her baby like it's a sure thing and a fixed date, talking about things she needs to buy and that kind of thing. I just wish I'd never ever discussed it with her 😭
what makes her so sure it will happen straight away for her?

Reactions: 5
Got the BFP yesterday….after a mc, mmc and 5 cycles ttc. I feel like it’s 50/50 if this one will stick. Had spotting on and off since last Monday. Have started cyclogest (progesterone pessaries) and aspirin this time so maybe that’ll help. Sending everyone love and strength…I thought I’d be delighted when I got the bfp, just feel like the next worry is another mc. But trying to be positive!
Crossing everything for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I know they are pricey ladies, but I can highly recommend the Procieve max satchets…no idea if that’s what helped, but was all we did differently last month. Those and I cut down on caffeine. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
what makes her so sure it will happen straight away for her?
I am not sure but I think, because she hasn't experienced the stress and anxiety of TTC, she thinks that people just don't relax enough, it's easy, just have a lot of sex etc. I hope it does happen quickly for her when the time comes.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am not sure but I think, because she hasn't experienced the stress and anxiety of TTC, she thinks that people just don't relax enough, it's easy, just have a lot of sex etc. I hope it does happen quickly for her when the time comes.
Aw to be fair while it’s horrible for you to go through hearing it, it would certainly be hard for me, I think a lot of us here went into TTC thinking it wouldn’t take this long. She’s not taking out of malice, I mean I thought 3 months maybe.. and here I am 23 months later after 12 months not trying not avoiding, and 11 months fully tracking my ovulation. I kind of miss those innocent days of it will happen quickly, and wish I could be back there instead of stressing.

One million percent I feel what you are feeling.. but it’s one of those many situations where we want to break down but have to put on a smile and go along with it 🙁 We are always here if you need to vent ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Aw to be fair while it’s horrible for you to go through hearing it, it would certainly be hard for me, I think a lot of us here went into TTC thinking it wouldn’t take this long. She’s not taking out of malice, I mean I thought 3 months maybe.. and here I am 23 months later after 12 months not trying not avoiding, and 11 months fully tracking my ovulation. I kind of miss those innocent days of it will happen quickly, and wish I could be back there instead of stressing.

One million percent I feel what you are feeling.. but it’s one of those many situations where we want to break down but have to put on a smile and go along with it 🙁 We are always here if you need to vent ❤
Thank you ❤ I think that's exactly it - it's not meant cruelly in the slightest! I agree, I certainly didn't think it'd take this long, it all seems so much simpler before you go into it. I already feel better since joining this thread though, makes it feel much less lonely :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sorry for the podcast recommendation being part of the thread intro, I thought it would be a seperate post🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
My first month using ovulation tests and just got my first peak, so I feel weirdly excited 😂 also it's good timing as we're going away on holiday at the end of the week so might have been tricky DTD while travelling!

Reactions: 9
My first month using ovulation tests and just got my first peak, so I feel weirdly excited 😂 also it's good timing as we're going away on holiday at the end of the week so might have been tricky DTD while travelling!
I’d be really interested to know how ovulation tests stack up to the health app on the iPhone, specifically. Does anyone use both?

I'd expect to be spotting today and I'm not...think I'm being impatient and it'll happen soon enough. Or maybe I'm due on on Friday/Saturday onwards instead of Thursday as I didn't use ovulation tests this month so can't be certain. Got a nice few days of overthinking to enjoy anyway 😂 I think I'll test on Thursday morning if I've not had spotting by then 🤞

I’d be really interested to know how ovulation tests stack up to the health app on the iPhone, specifically. Does anyone use both?
I do. They are always different by a day for some reason so I make sure we take into account both dates as the peak

Reactions: 1
I do. They are always different by a day for some reason so I make sure we take into account both dates as the peak
That’s interesting. I may start with the Health app and see how I do. I’ve never waited for a period to come and go before - it’s very strange mentality.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The difference between just using the apps and testing is mainly if you’re not DTD often like every other day then you might miss your peak if it comes early or late.

Does anyone else get super tired around ovulation? Like you could just sleep all day?

Aunt Flo is here so I'm out.. explains why I've been so exhausted these last few days.

Actually went to the docs for blood tests I've been feeling so awful... Does anyone else struggle with low iron? I supplement anyway but think they will say that's the issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Aunt Flo is here so I'm out.. explains why I've been so exhausted these last few days.

Actually went to the docs for blood tests I've been feeling so awful... Does anyone else struggle with low iron? I supplement anyway but think they will say that's the issue.
I have low folic acid and have to take them daily to help. They help with the exhaustion but I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Hi, I've never posted on here before but looking for some advice (or at least solidarity!)... my husband and I started TTC in January and I fell pregnant on C2 (the first cycle I tracked ovulation using the Clearblue fertility monitor). I had a miscarriage at 7.5 weeks :cry:

I'm now on my 2nd full cycle after miscarrying but my fertility monitor tells me I'm having a 'high' day every time I test. I get no 'peak' days and last month it said I had 20 'high' days before I just stopped testing.

Had anyone experienced anything like this after losing a pregnancy? Should I be concerned I'm not actually ovulating?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.